The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

I finished BFV's War stories. Honestly they were a mess. Lots of technical issues, even the cutscenes which were pre-rendered kept on chugging and there were a bunch of audio sync issues in some of them. Then theres the gameplay which has a bunch of problems like collision detection issues (i had a clear shot at a AA gun with a rocket but it somehow clipped a surface i was nowhere near resulting in it exploding in my face), to the enemies suddenly becoming invincible and my bullets having no effect, to another instance where a bunch of enemies just froze in place for no reason. To top this off theres only 3 stories and it took me 3 hours total to finish them. 

And while there are some interesting themes the missions themselves are forgettable. The only standout one was Nordlys. Conceptually and setting wise it was really cool, and it shed light on a part of history I actually had no idea about.

Overall though it was a very unfinished experience, and i really hope the multiplayer is more polished or else im gonna feel like EA and DICE really dropped the ball with this game.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I finished BFV's War stories. Honestly they were a mess. Lots of technical issues, even the cutscenes which were pre-rendered kept on chugging and there were a bunch of audio sync issues in some of them. Then theres the gameplay which has a bunch of problems like collision detection issues (i had a clear shot at a AA gun with a rocket but it somehow clipped a surface i was nowhere near resulting in it exploding in my face), to the enemies suddenly becoming invincible and my bullets having no effect, to another instance where a bunch of enemies just froze in place for no reason. To top this off theres only 3 stories and it took me 3 hours total to finish them. 

And while there are some interesting themes the missions themselves are forgettable. The only standout one was Nordlys. Conceptually and setting wise it was really cool, and it shed light on a part of history I actually had no idea about.

Overall though it was a very unfinished experience, and i really hope the multiplayer is more polished or else im gonna feel like EA and DICE really dropped the ball with this game.

Well that sucks to hear. Am in absolutely no rush to try it out then. 

Playing Yakuza because it's free so why the hell not. Was going for the full Completion List but then hit a wall. Only tasks I have left are Mahjong related and no matter how many times I play this stupid game, I just don't fuckin' get it.

At first I thought it was like Rummy so I was trying to play it like that but that was giving me zero results. This game is bloated with so many vague and unnecessary rules, what is Asia's obsession with making things overly complicated for no damn reason? Aren't they supposed to be smart?

Just fuck this stupid ass mini-game... Thank God Haruka didn't have Mahjong related whims because I would've just left her ass at the bar. Although that stupid Otametal song was really testing my patience... Whoever thought needing 950 on that song was a good idea can go fuck themselves.

Unrelated, but I played BFV’s mp for a couple of hours and I’m still not thrilled with it. The weapons feel great but a lot of the features are half baked and others are just missing. I was trying to figure out how to drag downed teammates because that was one feature I thought would be really cool but then I read online about how that’s something that hasn’t been implemented yet despite dice hyping it up during the reveal. And don’t even get me started on the UI for customizing weapons and loadouts. It’s just a mosh mash of poorly laid out menus and sub menus...then there’s the glaring omissions when it comes to modes. Why in the world would they remove rush? It’s been a staple of the series since bad company.

Edited by Twinblade
21 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Unrelated, but I played BFV’s mp for a couple of hours and I’m still not thrilled with it. The weapons feel great but a lot of the features are half baked and others are just missing. I was trying to figure out how to drag downed teammates because that was one feature I thought would be really cool but then I read online about how that’s something that hasn’t been implemented yet despite dice hyping it up during the reveal. And don’t even get me started on the UI for customizing weapons and loadouts. It’s just a mosh mash of poorly laid out menus and sub menus...then there’s the glaring omissions when it comes to modes. Why in the world would they remove rush? It’s been a staple of the series since bad company.

I think they removed rush due to unpopularity in BF1. I had trouble finding any rush server on BF1 for the last year. I think BFBC2 was the only game that had a great rush mode, aside from a few maps here and there in BF3 and 4. 

2 hours ago, kaz said:

I think they removed rush due to unpopularity in BF1. I had trouble finding any rush server on BF1 for the last year. I think BFBC2 was the only game that had a great rush mode, aside from a few maps here and there in BF3 and 4. 

Eh, after launch most game modes outside of conquest end up dying out. Rush was active during the time period that I played BF1 for. It was only dead when it came to the DLC maps. With each one it became increasingly harder to find any decent matches.

Edited by Twinblade
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Eh, after launch most game modes outside of conquest end up dying out. Rush was active during the time period that I played BF1 for. It was only dead when it came to the DLC maps. With each one it became increasingly harder to find any decent matches.

Dude, I couldn't find a single Rush server in EU even if my entire ball sack was on the line. NOTHING. Nobody plays rush nowadays. :( 

Returning to God of War since it got lost in the shuffle of my life. In Alfheim at the moment and didn’t get very far in. Story and graphics wise this game is gorgeous but so far I’m not a fan of the combat. I’m not really liking the attacks being mapped to the R buttons but we’ll press on.