The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Early to tell, but chunked into DQ11 some more.  It's perrdy. I'll throw in mad pics of the Japanese sperlar later.  Does the language get more complex? I'm hoping...just a tad bit. Helped a mofo get a feather off a/my/his roof roof because he's a B-I-T-C-H. I'm hungry as shit... been working out too much.  :( 

I will try and game fuck, for at least a day or most of it sometime this next week.  

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I finally finished rdr2. There’s a lot to like about the game but there’s also a lot to dislike. There are lots of fundamental problems with the gameplay and design of it . Overall I don’t think it holds a candle to rdr.

guess I'm in for the good stuff bois. I didn't play the original yet. My ps3 is ready. :trump2:

9 hours ago, kokujin said:

Early to tell, but chunked into DQ11 some more.  It's perrdy. I'll throw in mad pics of the Japanese sperlar later.  Does the language get more complex? I'm hoping...just a tad bit. Helped a mofo get a feather off a/my/his roof roof because he's a B-I-T-C-H. I'm hungry as shit... been working out too much.  :( 

I will try and game fuck, for at least a day or most of it sometime this next week.  

I just fucked up some oversized birds. You barely touched the game. Spend more time w it, it owns

9 hours ago, Jon2B said:

I just fucked up some oversized birds. You barely touched the game. Spend more time w it, it owns

It's true. I really really don't want to overhype myself. I have to remind myself I HATED DQ10  or 9 for consoles last gen, hate Nino Kuni boring slut shit, and DQ11 is my notorious nature simple and plain usually. I like it's in Japanese. And I like the animu colors.  I hate the dungeon music. I like the town music. I know the music itself/soundtrack repeats a lot.  I'll game tomorrow and tuesday for sure. As I don't have to work. 

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Spiderman DLC2

and actually continued Bulletstorm. They don't make games like this anymore lol sort of miss them. Pointless, linear as it can get and just pure fun gunplay. Nice break up between RDR2 and getting back into ACO. 

How has the DLC been? I’ve just been reading more of the same gameplay-wise which isn’t a bad thing and I like. But how’s the narrative and story? I’m probably getting it once all 3 are complete to do all at once. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

How has the DLC been? I’ve just been reading more of the same gameplay-wise which isn’t a bad thing and I like. But how’s the narrative and story? I’m probably getting it once all 3 are complete to do all at once. 

The first DLC was good (thanks to Black Cat), second was ok at best. I bought it now during the BF sales on PSN and even at that price it's a 50/50 situation whether it is worth it or not. I'm liking it cause I loved that world and it's great to play more stories in that world.

Gameplay wise it is just more of the same, so a few story missions, new crimes, new challenges and new bases (in dlc 2). Includes some new enemies also though.

The narrative and story is actually pretty good, especially dlc1 and the second one ends on a cliffhanger leading into ep3 that I'm eager to continue. 

Each dlc is like 4-5 hours long to 100% it, less if you want to just do story missions.

So yeah, as long as you know what to expect heading in you won't be disappointed. 

• Like 1

Finished Thronebreaker after 38 hours. The story telling and characters are superb, honestly probably the best of any game this year. They do cool things to change up the fights but theres still a lot that feel repetitive and like filler. You also rarely have to change up the cards in your deck until the final battle which has one of the worst spikes in difficulty i’ve ever seen. I gathered so many in-game resources that went unused because I didn’t have a reason to craft many of the new units I gained throughout it.

Still, as a Witcher fan I was incredibly happy with what this game added to the universe. In fact, it made me crave for a full fledged Witcher game that utilizes Thronebreaker’s characters and themes. Will probably never happen but one can dream...

Edited by Twinblade

Put a good amount of time into Dragon Quest 11 this past weekend and week in general, still finishing up some stuff.  What an awesome fucking game :bow:

My wife is playing Spider-Man on PS4... I was watching today and god damn I'm really impressed at how much Insomniac has improved from past games to now.  I mean, they don't make too many realistic looking games.. they tend to do more video-gamey characters, which have always been well done and animated, but what REALLY impressed me about what I saw was how well the cutscenes were directed and just the characters in general.  When I started watching her she was just before the part where you play as Miles for the first time.  Pretty heavy scene.. very VERY well done.  The characters are extremely well animated and the lip syncing is some of the best I've seen.  Mary Jane in particular and the way that her and Peter interact with each other is so well done.  The facial animation on her especially in the eyes really encapsulates what she's saying and what she's thinking and she's got a real cute mannerisms.  It's weird as fuck that I'm saying about a game character that but it's true.  She feels like a real person.

I dunno.. it's impressive as fuck.  I'd say the character interaction between them is on the same level or very close to that of TLOU2.. from what we've seen so far of TLOU2 that is.

Am I high or something guys?  Did any of you guys feel the same?

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Put a good amount of time into Dragon Quest 11 this past weekend and week in general, still finishing up some stuff.  What an awesome fucking game :bow:

My wife is playing Spider-Man on PS4... I was watching today and god damn I'm really impressed at how much Insomniac has improved from past games to now.  I mean, they don't make too many realistic looking games.. they tend to do more video-gamey characters, which have always been well done and animated, but what REALLY impressed me about what I saw was how well the cutscenes were directed and just the characters in general.  When I started watching her she was just before the part where you play as Miles for the first time.  Pretty heavy scene.. very VERY well done.  The characters are extremely well animated and the lip syncing is some of the best I've seen.  Mary Jane in particular and the way that her and Peter interact with each other is so well done.  The facial animation on her especially in the eyes really encapsulates what she's saying and what she's thinking and she's got a real cute mannerisms.  It's weird as fuck that I'm saying about a game character that but it's true.  She feels like a real person.

I dunno.. it's impressive as fuck.  I'd say the character interaction between them is on the same level or very close to that of TLOU2.. from what we've seen so far of TLOU2 that is.

Am I high or something guys?  Did any of you guys feel the same?

Yeah I 100% agree. I had zero doubt Insomniac could pull off a Spiderman game from a gameplay perspective, that is their most perfect type of game. Quick traversal, multiple gadgets, colourful world, etc. but I never expected them to pull of the narrative and character aspects of the game as well as they did. Was totally blown away from every perspective. From the core plot which was the perfect length and a perfect Spiderman story arc, to the way they handled the blend of comedy with some super dark scenes and most of all just how good the writing was for not only Peter but the side characters too. This incarnation of MJ especially is superb and her conversations with Peter (given the status of their relationship) are perfect and very different to most games.

I don't know about comparing them to TLoU2 yet but I think they reached the level of Nathan and Elaine dialogue from UCIV, which in itself is an amazing step forward for Insomniac (especially because from a gameplay point of view they are arguably better than ND). 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

The only bad thing about DQ is that I cant read the text on the load screens because my Dell PC with Intel Optane Memory loads the game too fast. 

It's just some general tips. Not particularly useful. Just ask me if you want to know anything, I went deep into that game and know everything there is to know.

Its pretty old school so its easy to play. So far is really easy too. I only died once but they raped my gold.

It took me a few hours until I realized you can have control over Erik tho haha

Im at the part where the little big sister found her big little sister.

Game owns.

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's just some general tips. Not particularly useful. Just ask me if you want to know anything, I went deep into that game and know everything there is to know.

How many hours total?  I'm at 106 and still beastin B) 

39 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Its pretty old school so its easy to play. So far is really easy too. I only died once but they raped my gold.

It took me a few hours until I realized you can have control over Erik tho haha

Im at the part where the little big sister found her big little sister.

Game owns.

First part of the game is pretty easy indeed.

Second part, it starts to get more serious but still relatively easy.

Third part, challenging but not too hard for the most part

End game boss and optional challenges, it's rape time! Hard as fuck and pretty much needs maxed out level 99 characters for the final boss.

38 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

How many hours total?  I'm at 106 and still beastin B) 

Beat it at 107 hours actually. 

I farmed metal slimes using the Haulelujah/Electro Light Pep-powers for power leveling. You get like 600k experience for one fight, it's time consuming still though.

And I did everything, including wheel of atma, all trial bosses, etc.

Spider-Man is amazing on pretty much every level. Loved it. 

Just beat a at a thunder dragon in God of War. I’m really starting to click with the combat now and it’s great. Again, like all of Sony’s games this gen, the presentation is just incredible. The performances are incredible and the narrative is so well done. I hate having to put it down right now. 

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Beat it at 107 hours actually. 

I farmed metal slimes using the Haulelujah/Electro Light Pep-powers for power leveling. You get like 600k experience for one fight, it's time consuming still though.

And I did everything, including wheel of atma, all trial bosses, etc.

That's exactly what I did for hours this past week lmao.  Almost all of my characters are lvl 99 now. I'm making my way through the Wheel of Harma trials as well as some side quests.