The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Kingdom Hearts III - Worst. Cutscenes/Story/Writing. Ever. This shit is torture, expositionary dialogues and more expositionary dialogues about a story that makes 0 fucking sense for the uninitiated. The cutscenes are badly paced too. 

The combat also sucks, the various special attacks you gain looks cool but it makes everything feels random and lacks depth/tactical approach to combat. The gummi ship parts are also pretty bad. This game is garbo. Nomura is truly a hack fraud.

Ace Combat 7 - I'm finding my groove with this game. Despite the difficulty I'm throughly enjoying it. Very lenghty campaign, cool VR, tons of content/replay value and I haven't even touched the multiplayer. Just 5 missions left.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Kingdom Hearts III - Worst. Cutscenes/Story/Writing. Ever. This shit is torture, expositionary dialogues and more expositionary dialogues about a story that makes 0 fucking sense for the uninitiated. The cutscenes are badly paced too. 

The combat also sucks, the various special attacks you gain looks cool but it makes everything feels random and lacks depth/tactical approach to combat. The gummi ship parts are also pretty bad. This game is garbo. Nomura is truly a hack fraud.

Ace Combat 7 - I'm finding my groove with this game. Despite the difficulty I'm throughly enjoying it. Very lenghty campaign, cool VR, tons of content/replay value and I haven't even touched the multiplayer. Just 5 missions left.

The contained Disney stories are mostly pretty good. The actual main plotline however is just a complete mess and impossible to follow.

I did get some enjoyment from the combat but its all style and no substance.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1

I've spent almost all day playing Metro Exodus. I really like the game, its just open enough to make exploration interesting without being overwhelming and bogging down the pacing. the main story missions are also still tightly designed  linear levels filled with entertaining set pieces. I definitely think this might be the best Metro yet.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, kaz said:

:comicbookguy:

The only real complaint i have so far is that it doesn't quite have the same 'horror' vibe as the first 2 games. You're often being accompanied by other characters throughout the levels, the ammunition and resources to craft them are also more plentiful.

Edited by Twinblade

Just finished RDR2. Now that’s how you do an epilogue! 

I beat the title in 2 weeks - a rarity for me now, considering the 60 + hour length. Prior to playing this, I thought I was losing interest in gaming. However, RDR2 reminded me why I play - to get lost and completely immersed in a universe. The gameplay wasn’t perfect. The mission structure is dated. However, I didn’t even care. The world and its main characters are so dynamic, and the game is filled with many memorable moments. If I were to sum up the title with one word, it would be “grand”.. 

10/10 for me 

• Upvote 3

So I finally played crackdown 3. It’s basically crackdown, which is fine. The agility orbs are still fun to collect. 

The series has always had a shitty campaign, and this is no different. However, I’m getting a lot of 2007 nostalgia vibes (maybe because it looks and plays like a 2007 game lol). I had a lot of good memories with the original, so I’ll probably finish this. I can’t imagine it being longer than 5 or 6 hours 

Edited by -GD-
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, -GD- said:

Just finished RDR2. Now that’s how you do an epilogue! 

I beat the title in 2 weeks - a rarity for me now, considering the 60 + hour length. Prior to playing this, I thought I was losing interest in gaming. However, RDR2 reminded me why I play - to get lost and completely immersed in a universe. The gameplay wasn’t perfect. The mission structure is dated. However, I didn’t even care. The world and its main characters are so dynamic, and the game is filled with many memorable moments. If I were to sum up the title with one word, it would be “grand”.. 

10/10 for me 

I just got the game. I can't believe it comes on two discs. :D 

• Haha 1

Ori is dope . Doesn't Ori 2 come out soon?

Im about a  level 10 in Anthem. I really like this game. The Story stuff is pretty average stuff and walking around the Fort area is tedious . The gameplay and controls are spot on during gameplay but feel like absolute ASS outside of gameplay.

The game runs good but there are certain parts of the map that kill framerate. Any area I come across that has those dumb tenticles where you have to collect glowing shit wrecks the framerate. You can be in an area with 30 enemies and the screen looks like crackdown wrecking zone and everything is 60 without a hitch but if walk up on these electric tenticles is like fuck your pc

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Jon2B said:

Ori is dope . Doesn't Ori 2 come out soon?

Im about a  level 10 in Anthem. I really like this game. The Story stuff is pretty average stuff and walking around the Fort area is tedious . The gameplay and controls are spot on during gameplay but feel like absolute ASS outside of gameplay.

The game runs good but there are certain parts of the map that kill framerate. Any area I come across that has those dumb tenticles where you have to collect glowing shit wrecks the framerate. You can be in an area with 30 enemies and the screen looks like crackdown wrecking zone and everything is 60 without a hitch but if walk up on these electric tenticles is like fuck your pc

Ori is so fucking good.  For me, it's a same caliber of game as any of the great Sony exclusives.  Ori 2 is going to be amazing!  It's one game that MS has that I'm 100% confident will be AAA for the future.  We'll probably get the date at E3, which I'm expecting to be not long of a wait.  Probably July or August.

Look at how fucking gorgeous and vibrant the artwork is..

ac523eaf-c16d-4143-bad2-f6c033ce2282.jpg

As a refresher of the fucking beauty that accompanies this awesome playing metroidvania/platformer :mjcry: 

The 21:9 version is just :lawd: 

And the gameplay :whew: 

Ori :bow: 

Played a bunch of Tetris 99 over the weekend. Finally got some wins. The targeting makes a lot more sense to me now, I've been racking up badges as a result (this really helps...more badges = more garbage dumped on opponents).

Jumped into Shadow of the Colossus as well. Up to the 11th Colossus now. Game is dope, love the atmosphere. The controls are inexplicably shit, especially on horseback, but thankfully it hasn't really been an issue (the only time it came up was that sand worm dude since you had to stay on the horse).

2 hours ago, Casual said:

Played a bunch of Tetris 99 over the weekend. Finally got some wins. The targeting makes a lot more sense to me now, I've been racking up badges as a result (this really helps...more badges = more garbage dumped on opponents).

Jumped into Shadow of the Colossus as well. Up to the 11th Colossus now. Game is dope, love the atmosphere. The controls are inexplicably shit, especially on horseback, but thankfully it hasn't really been an issue (the only time it came up was that sand worm dude since you had to stay on the horse).

yeah, SOTC is incredible, even with the dated controls. 

Just now, -GD- said:

i'm going through RDR2 withdrawal. i need another world to explore. metro or ass creed odyssey? 

From what I gather Metro isn't really open world...it's got fairly open levels, but still sounds like you progress through them sequentially and can't go back after you've moved on.

Maybe Ass Creed? Not a fan myself but sounds like a good bet if you are. 

Just now, Casual said:

From what I gather Metro isn't really open world...it's got fairly open levels, but still sounds like you progress through them sequentially and can't go back after you've moved on.

Maybe Ass Creed? Not a fan myself but sounds like a good bet if you are. 

yeah, i dug origins.