The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

27 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Metro is pretty good its weird being in a semi open world tho

It does it really well imo. Theres just enough off of the beaten path to make exploration interesting, but at the same time it doesn't bombard you with icons all over the map and a bunch of copy paste missions. Its still a focused experience where it matters which is what a lot of other games with similar worlds fail.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

On 2019-02-23 at 4:26 AM, -GD- said:

lost interest in crackdown 3. how are you enjoying TR? make sure you do the ship tomb :love: 

I think I'm at least half way through TR now if not more. 

I'm liking it for the most part. The gunplay and story/plot/characters are still incredibly average but I love the actual tomb raiding and locales. Does feel like just more TR though. Happy for the franchise to get a bit of a break.

Did the Ship tomb specifically cause how much I've heard you talk about it. Did not disappoint. Those tombs are probably where the game is at it's best. 

I feel they took too much influence from UC in this one though, tried to have more cutscenes but the problem is the characters are so shit and there is zero emotional investment in anything so unlike in UC I don't look forward to them at all and think they kill the pace. The game is at it's best in stealth sequences and when you're exploring new tombs. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I think I'm at least half way through TR now if not more. 

I'm liking it for the most part. The gunplay and story/plot/characters are still incredibly average but I love the actual tomb raiding and locales. Does feel like just more TR though. Happy for the franchise to get a bit of a break.

Did the Ship tomb specifically cause how much I've heard you talk about it. Did not disappoint. Those tombs are probably where the game is at it's best. 

I feel they took too much influence from UC in this one though, tried to have more cutscenes but the problem is the characters are so shit and there is zero emotional investment in anything so unlike in UC I don't look forward to them at all and think they kill the pace. The game is at it's best in stealth sequences and when you're exploring new tombs. 

I couldn’t agree more with this! 

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Same thoughts as listed prior. Has some pretty awesome set pieces near the end though. Solid 8/10 for me.

8 hours ago, -GD- said:

Ass creed odyssey is pretty awesome, so far 

Glad to hear you're liking it. It actually takes a while to fully open all it's features too. Have you unlocked Cultists yet?

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Same thoughts as listed prior. Has some pretty awesome set pieces near the end though. Solid 8/10 for me.

Glad to hear you're liking it. It actually takes a while to fully open all it's features too. Have you unlocked Cultists yet?

nah, i'm not far at all, especially since i've been doing it more stealth-like. that way, i can kill dudes with higher XP. in one part, i lured a bunch of them out to the shore, and took them out while i was in the water. that shit was ownage. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

nah, i'm not far at all, especially since i've been doing it more stealth-like. that way, i can kill dudes with higher XP. in one part, i lured a bunch of them out to the shore, and took them out while i was in the water. that shit was ownage. 

Nice! The great thing about Odyssey is that the game works very well both in stealth and open combat. Pretty much every mechanic game is well refined. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Nice! The great thing about Odyssey is that the game works very well both in stealth and open combat. Pretty much every mechanic game is well refined. 

yeah, i couldn't agree more. this is where ubisoft really shines. its world may not look as good, or feel as organic, as RDR2, but the gameplay is solid af! 

• Upvote 1

Finally got some time to play games... Finished Ace Combat 7, stupid crazy last mission. Damn, I'll probably come back to finish the VR mode and maybe try the MP some day but otherwise I'm done with this game now, it was quite challenging at times so I'm glad it's over and done with.

Still playing Red Dead 2, %32 completion rate, the slow pacing was kinda boring me today. I will play this game every now and then but that won't be my main playthrough, I want to make some time for RE2 or KHIII.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Finally got some time to play games... Finished Ace Combat 7, stupid crazy last mission. Damn, I'll probably come back to finish the VR mode and maybe try the MP some day but otherwise I'm done with this game now, it was quite challenging at times so I'm glad it's over and done with.

Still playing Red Dead 2, %32 completion rate, the slow pacing was kinda boring me today. I will play this game every now and then but that won't be my main playthrough, I want to make some time for RE2 or KHIII.

I definitely recommend playing RDR2 the way you are playing it. I got completely immersed, so I beat it in 2 weeks. However, I can see it causing fatigue for some. A lot of the missions are repetitive. The story, characters, and world are the main attractions. So yeah, take your time! 

• Upvote 1

While I do hate the cutscenes in KHIII, I must say the Toy Story world is cute as fuck. At least Squarenix production values are showing from time to time. The game is whack in all sort of ways but when it let the gameplay breathe a little, it's actually decent fun.

How I feel about my latest games:

Ace Combat 7 - 8.5/10 (final)

Resident Evil 2 - 9/10

Kingdom Hearts III - 7/10

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 8.5/10

Metro Exodus is great! My concerns with the open world were completely unfounded as it has added an awesome element to the game. Also actually love being out of the Metro surprisingly. The world is small but so dense and detailed. Feels like a better Fallout.

Anthem: Only a few hours in but having a bunch of fun with friends. Feels great and the combat is fun. Looks beautiful too. Haven't had any tech issues either. 

Ori and the Blind Forest: I think I'm over 50% through this now and it's enough for me to say this is the best MS published game this generation. It is probably my fav Metroidvania game and a legit 10/10. Pretty much everything is perfect and holy crap is it beautiful. 

• Upvote 1