The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Played Act 1 on Quantum Break then got up to the first episode I apparently need to watch but the streaming service doesn't seem to be up anymore so I have to download 80gb worth of the episodes. ugh. 

They aren't worth watching tbh

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

They aren't worth watching tbh

Really? I did a quick search to see if I had to watch them and most comments suggested they are vital to understanding what is going on.

If not, then I will happily skip them because tbh I want to play a game not watch a show. If I was going to watch a show I have a zillion that are better than a Quantum Break tv show. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Really? I did a quick search to see if I had to watch them and most comments suggested they are vital to understanding what is going on.

If not, then I will happily skip them because tbh I want to play a game not watch a show. If I was going to watch a show I have a zillion that are better than a Quantum Break tv show. 

Just watch them on Youtube.  Fuck downloading them :D 

RDR has so many funny moments. Some guy was on the side of the road helping his I guess injured horse. I stopped to see if I could help and the horse kicked the guy in his face and killed him :D Then I looted the body :face:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Glad you're enjoying it man! The Greek setting truly is stunning and the amount of variety and depth they've added to the gameplay is incredible. Like you said, I really don't know how they can up this next gen. 

Maybe a fantasy-like setting ala Witcher? I mean..the game is basically a hybrid of Witcher 3 and AC’s traversal mechanics. 

And thanks bro! 

Edited by -GD-
13 hours ago, -GD- said:

Maybe a fantasy-like setting ala Witcher? I mean..the game is basically a hybrid of Witcher 3 and AC’s traversal mechanics. 

And thanks bro! 

Now that's an interesting idea. Would be really out there for them too because the historical settings is the one single link between all the games of the franchise. They could definitely pull it off though. 

• Upvote 1

Probably played about 10 hours of Anthem now. Enough to have some thoughts on it (that are actually about the game, not the tech issues). 

First and foremost is that the game is hella fun to play with a group of friends. The feeling of taking off and flying around is excellent and the combat is a lot of fun too. The different javalins offer decent variety and the range of abilities and attachments on each make it a lot of fun to play around with elements to maximise damage. The game also looks spectacular... but... you are literally just flying over it all the time and seeing very little. The loot is decent, probably played it too safe imo. Nothing really unique weapon wise when they have the potential to go the destiny route of incredible weapons ebcause of the sci fi setting. 

The positives end there though. All the fun of the core gameplay and the flying around gets absolute destroyed but down time in between. I knew this was going to be a problem when Bioware wanted to try accommodate both their long winded NPC arcs and convos in a solo player area while creating a co op GaaS. After a mission everyone goes back to their fort then talks to multiple npcs, some optional but still this 10-15min downtime between mission absolutely destroys all the pace of the game and is totally counter initiative to the co op aspects of the game. This is made even worse by a numerous load screens, the most annoying of which is that you can only change your loadout or equip newly found weapons/items while being back at your fort (out of mission) and then entering a load screen to access your load out then another to get back to the fort then another long one to go to a mission. It's inexcusable for this type of game. It feels like it's even way behind Vanilla Destiny 1.

On to the tech problems. They are bad. Last night in about a 2 hour play session I had 2 hard crashes, meaning disconnected from mid mission and Anthem actually closes meaning I have to booth the game up again. We prob did about 4 missions so it was basically 50/50 if I could do a mission without a hard crash. I have also previously encountered the massive problem of Anthem shutting down the PS4 completely and you basically needing to power cycle it back on. To call this game broken would be an understatement. 

I will still keep playing (until Division 2 gets me) because it is fun but atm it is a giant pain. If these issues are fixed though the game could be a good pickup a few months down the track at a discount.

31 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I stopped playing games entirely and I intend to sell my entire collection. :juggle:  

ok then you can finally leave the forum, bitch. good riddance :kaz: