The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

11 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Oh, I already own both games.

I bought Persona 5 the same week that I bought Nier so I've owned Persona for awhile. I've kept putting the game off to play though because of it's length. Then after awhile I just kind of forgot I even owned the game... LOL

Oh, then yeah, then play that game :smoke:

Edited by -GD-
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

MK 11 about half thru the story mode . It has set a high bar for story modes in fighting games . Nothing really comes close . Its top notch .

Played some online and got beat up pretty hard . The towers of time seem like they will be too hard for me to even bother with .

Best fighting of any MK game tho it still sometimes feels sluggish . Not as bad as previous mk games but not close to any of the anime games or killer instinct 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

MK 11 about half thru the story mode . It has set a high bar for story modes in fighting games . Nothing really comes close . Its top notch .

Played some online and got beat up pretty hard . The towers of time seem like they will be too hard for me to even bother with .

Best fighting of any MK game tho it still sometimes feels sluggish . Not as bad as previous mk games but not close to any of the anime games or killer instinct 

That’s great to hear about the story mode. 

Copying my Days Gone thoughts so far from the DG thread:

Played it for quite a few hours now. So far it's literally your Ubisoft open world game (prior to Odyssey) with a zombie setting. 

The production values are top notch.

Don't really have much progress story beat wise but so far it's your fairly standard stuff.

A horde really is pretty impressive and super tense to try take on.

Gameplay is exactly how you expect, mostly stealth driven then your regular melee and 3rd person cover style gun mechanics.

This is your typical open world game of a year or 2 ago. No doubt it's aged poorly after RDR2 and Odyssey and it doesn't have to core gameplay mechanic that is as fun as Spiderman to hold it up.

Intro is poor, story pacing is all over the place like most open world games cause you're constantly getting distracted by things.

To me so far, seems like the most standard 7.5 game you can imagine. I truly have no idea how this can be a 5, especially given how games ratings are basically on a 7-10 rating and anything below signifies near unplayability. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Copying my Days Gone thoughts so far from the DG thread:

Played it for quite a few hours now. So far it's literally your Ubisoft open world game (prior to Odyssey) with a zombie setting. 

The production values are top notch.

Don't really have much progress story beat wise but so far it's your fairly standard stuff.

A horde really is pretty impressive and super tense to try take on.

Gameplay is exactly how you expect, mostly stealth driven then your regular melee and 3rd person cover style gun mechanics.

This is your typical open world game of a year or 2 ago. No doubt it's aged poorly after RDR2 and Odyssey and it doesn't have to core gameplay mechanic that is as fun as Spiderman to hold it up.

Intro is poor, story pacing is all over the place like most open world games cause you're constantly getting distracted by things.

To me so far, seems like the most standard 7.5 game you can imagine. I truly have no idea how this can be a 5, especially given how games ratings are basically on a 7-10 rating and anything below signifies near unplayability. 

Well said bro. I agree that this would have scored better, had it been released earlier in the gen. It does feel dated, despite its glossy visuals.

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

Well said bro. I agree that this would have scored better, had it been released earlier in the gen. It does feel dated, despite its glossy visuals.

It's clear all their influences came from earlier gen games and then by the time it took them to polish and finish it off the whole market changed (with GoW, Spiderman, RDR2, Odyssey, even Detroit) and that standard just isn't top tier anymore. This really needed to be out prior to all the Sony first party games especially. 

With that said, still enjoying my time with it and it's sort of came out at a decent time cause there's nothing else really coming out soon that I care about. 

So since AC Unity was free I decided to take that opportunity and start playing it since it’s the one AC I missed (not including odyssey which I’ll eventually get to). First thing I noticed it actually still looks pretty sharp graphically. The world is still very dense and detailed, no doubt it was a pretty ambitious game for its time. Unfortunately the same can’t be said of the gameplay, it feels clunky and ancient compared to origins. Still having a decent time overall though.

Edited by Twinblade
Just now, Twinblade said:

World War Z is such a good pick up and play game. Hop in, shoot the shit out of a couple hundred zombies, level up at the end and upgrade a weapon and/or perk, and then go about your day.

Now that sounds like something I was hoping for. 

Just now, Twinblade said:

that was quick, how many hours in were you when you called it quits?

Maybe 5? 

See..with ass creed odyssey, the traversal is so much fun and you constantly see new shit. This game just lacks that. It’s like “yay..more biking in the mountains” or “more clearing out areas”. The main protagonist is so generic too. It really feels like a last gen game with incredible textures/hdr.