The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

i heard this and origins are both great

Origins is good, this is much better. Origins is basically the blueprint for this game. The only con is that it would have been better had they made it shorter. However, it has the largest scale. It’s crazy how large and detailed the world is. 

• Upvote 1

I spent a good portion of the day blasting through God's Trigger and just finished it. There are a lot of small indie games that are inspired by hotline miami but i wouldn't be surprised if this was the best one. There were some bad parts (the boss battles are terrible) but overall it was a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, JONBpc said:

AssassO was good but I couldn't sink that much time into a game . I bet it's over 100 hours if your doing all the side shit. 

Yeah, like 75+

bought odyssey on PC. first thing i noticed is that it runs quite a bit worse than origins and im not sure why. Other than that it seems like more of the same, but with a bigger focus on RPG elements. The conversations are neat, but if they're gonna spend so much time showing the characters up close then they really should have spent more resources on improving their facial animations.

Edited by Twinblade

It starts off as not more of the same but exactly the same . It opens up a little bit into the game . Then it gets repetitive imo , but that's far in 

2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

It starts off as not more of the same but exactly the same . It opens up a little bit into the game . Then it gets repetitive imo , but that's far in 

Nah, they take pages from Witcher 3, where side missions have long arcs. Also, some missions reveal cult members, which is an incentive, since it lets you access stronger powers (which actually make a difference - must noticeably with stealth damage). 

11 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

lol fuck looking for the cult members. That became a waste of time.

No way man. It was easy if you did the side missions. I uncovered more than half without even trying. If you don’t kill cult members, you can’t level up your spear, which cripples your abilities. 

I will say that the game is grindy, TB. It would have been a 9 if they had given the + 50% xp 

microtransaction for free (instead of charging $10). It would have cut the game down big time. While many side quests have amusing stories, some suck and feel like padded filler. That perk would eliminate doing the shitty ones. 

Edited by -GD-
3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I will say that the game is grindy, TB. It would have been a 9 if they had given the + 50% xp 

microtransaction for free (instead of charging $10). It would have cut the game down big time. While many side quests have amusing stories, some suck and feel like padded filler. That perk would eliminate doing the shitty ones. 

Yeah thats what i've heard. I was already getting tired of origins' sidequests and odyssey supposedly has way more of them. But im treating it as a game im going to pick away at little by little, so hopefully i won't get too fatigued.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah thats what i've heard. I was already getting tired of origins' sidequests and odyssey supposedly has way more of them. But im treating it as a game im going to pick away at little by little, so hopefully i won't get too fatigued.

That’s the best way to go about it. 

Thought I had seen the full map of Days Gone...........nope. Game is huge, unexpectedly so. Story is full swing now too. This is a classic example of the FFXIII thing where 'it gets good after 15 hours' (when the world opened up) lol. It's why pacing is so important in any entertainment form. Deacon though is arguably one of the worst characters in the game which doesn't help. Nearly everyone around him is more interesting.

Hordes are legit crazy now. Fucking hundreds and hundreds of freakers and taking them on is probably the highlight in any zombie esque game I've ever played, especially at certain locations. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Thought I had seen the full map of Days Gone...........nope. Game is huge, unexpectedly so. Story is full swing now too. This is a classic example of the FFXIII thing where 'it gets good after 15 hours' (when the world opened up) lol. It's why pacing is so important in any entertainment form. Deacon though is arguably one of the worst characters in the game which doesn't help. Nearly everyone around him is more interesting.

Hordes are legit crazy now. Fucking hundreds and hundreds of freakers and taking them on is probably the highlight in any zombie esque game I've ever played, especially at certain locations. 

My friends, who are playing it, say the exact same thing about Deacon, the world, and the hordes. 

9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

FFXIII never opened up, it played like a line of coke from start to finish. the only open area was the archylte steppe but there was nothing except for stupid monster missions. :alarm2: