The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

5 hours ago, -GD- said:

ok, fire emblem is crack. i snuck in an hour at work just now...just doing the side stuff. 

Yeah I don’t remember the last time I was this hooked on a game tbh. I’m still playing it every chance I get and when I’m not I’m thinking on what skills/supports I’m gonna level on my next day off. 

Im at 12 hours in and I’ve done a couple resets either to replay a level or a day off.

working on getting Mercedes over to my house right now. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Casual said:

that was my intention but i might have to go for dorothea at this point. 

or both. 

Ok, Dorothea is bae af! I see what you mean. She’s hoe-in in the hall, and I want to slide it in 

40 minutes ago, Casual said:

Yeah I don’t remember the last time I was this hooked on a game tbh. I’m still playing it every chance I get and when I’m not I’m thinking on what skills/supports I’m gonna level on my next day off. 

Im at 12 hours in and I’ve done a couple resets either to replay a level or a day off.

working on getting Mercedes over to my house right now. 

Mercedes is nice! Ya, this is the same way I felt when I played persona 4. 

13 hours ago, -GD- said:

10 hours into fire emblem...and wow! GOTY!

Yeah, same for me at this point. 

The crazy part is that everything I've read suggests that it just keeps getting better and better. 

Apparently it really hits its stride after ~40 hours when (fairly substantial spoiler)

there's a time skip and then the houses start fighting

Edited by Casual
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Casual said:

Yeah, same for me at this point. 

The crazy part is that everything I've read suggests that it just keeps getting better and better. 

Apparently it really hits its stride after ~40 hours when (fairly substantial spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

there's a time skip and then the houses start fighting

Epic!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The turn based gameplay is the same as in the others as far as I’m aware. The main difference is the sim/persona elements they added.

The combat isn’t much different you’re right. 

They did change the Rock Paper Scissors mechanic that they used to have and added a few new mechanics but it’s still SRPG gameplay. 

That said, I bought awakening and put it down pretty quick. This is the first fire emblem to hook me. The persona elements enhance the combat indirectly for me, you feel like you’re really building a team as a result. I spend so much time planning out who will get a last hit (exp boost) and positioning them in certain ways to get better relationship boosts. 

Just burned through another 3 hours like it was nothing lol. Would have kept going but I gotta head out for dinner. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Casual said:

The combat isn’t much different you’re right. 

They did change the Rock Paper Scissors mechanic that they used to have and added a few new mechanics but it’s still SRPG gameplay. 

That said, I bought awakening and put it down pretty quick. This is the first fire emblem to hook me. The persona elements enhance the combat indirectly for me, you feel like you’re really building a team as a result. I spend so much time planning out who will get a last hit (exp boost) and positioning them in certain ways to get better relationship boosts. 

Just burned through another 3 hours like it was nothing lol. Would have kept going but I gotta head out for dinner. 

I couldn’t have put it better. 

22 hours ago, -GD- said:

Dorothea is chasing after me. We are at a B rank now. I think she’ll end up being bae.,

19 hours in. It just keeps getting better and better. 

I've heard some shit happens at around 35 hours that ascends it into basically god tier.

I still haven't even finished the campaign in Mario Maker 2 or Ultimate Alliance 3, but I'm really tempted to pick up Fire Emblem based on all this insanely positive feedback.

• Like 1
Just now, Hot Sauce said:

I've heard some shit happens at around 35 hours that ascends it into basically god tier.

I still haven't even finished the campaign in Mario Maker 2 or Ultimate Alliance 3, but I'm really tempted to pick up Fire Emblem based on all this insanely positive feedback.

ya, i've heard the same. 

as for fire emblem, i haven't played the old ones, but this one feels like the srpg version of persona 4. i love the characters and the story is even interesting. i've grown quite attached to my team, and sideline some of the more powerful players to raise the xp level of my weaker ones. i like how i can go fishing, do some gardening, have tea with a potential bae, enter a character into a contest battle, participate in choir...and still do favors/quests for others. - in just a single free day. all of the side stuff really breaks up the combat nicely (even though, i get really tense during the battles). 

1 hour ago, soup said:

GD selling me on a FE game. What has the world come to. :cooldog:

It’s the best game I’ve played this year and it’s really not close. 

And this is a game that was a hard no for me as recent as like 2 days before release.