The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Delita said:

Same. But I've always thought dq is an acuired taste. It's just very very old school. It's modern day presentation with retro style gameplay. I'd recommend trying Out the demo on The eshop first to get a taste

ok, i'm going to get the demo tonight. thanks!

Just now, Delita said:

Post what you think after you do. Not a bad game by any means but I've just never really been a fan.

will do! i have a lot going on in my life and need a distraction. any other switch RPGs you recommend? 

15 minutes ago, -GD- said:

will do! i have a lot going on in my life and need a distraction. any other switch RPGs you recommend? 

You tried Octopath Traveller? :face:

Also with regards to DQX1, the switch demo is 10 hours of gameplay, and then when the game launches, your save carries over to the full game; thus you're not obligated to replay all the progress you made during the demo.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
4 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Also with regards to DQX1, the switch demo is 10 hours of gameplay, and then when the game launches, your save carries over to the full game; thus you're not obligated to replay all the progress you made during the demo.

oh fuck. i keep sleeping on octopath. how is the story? characters? 

9 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah, I was gonna suggest the switch demo. @GD Its a slow paced game but 10 hours is enough time to let you know if its a game you'd be into.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

oh fuck. i keep sleeping on octopath. how is the story? characters? 

Story is phenomenal, characters are well done, you choose from one of 8 to play as, and their stories intertwine, overlap - so worthy replay value; a good time until DQ11 launches on the Switch.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Delita said:

For some reason I thought you were farther. Maybe it's your Shadowbringers av. The ending of ARR was dope but heavensward is way way better, story wise. I didn't care for the story of arr till the end. 

Heavebsqard feels like classic ff adventure story and I think it's a master piece. Arr and stormblood are ok,  but heavensward by the end is incredible 

I'd be done with heavensward and stormblood if it weren't for the amount of dungeons in ARR. I love queuing up and doing runs in between. Snowcloak :dreamy: 

And doing extreme trials with randoms sometimes... :deader:  

but yeah, I will see about heavensward. I played a bit of shadowbringers content on another account, i'm excited but I don't want to rush it. 

I really like the game the only thing missing for me is some CC for trash mobs. 

38 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

It's really that long? That's seriously impressive. I think with rpgs you have to make them that long for people to really get s good feel.

And man man I need to try octopath someday. It def sounds and reminds me of their SaGa series. Sane thing. You chose from over a dozen different characters and all their stories intertwine and they all cross paths 

3 minutes ago, kaz said:

I'd be done with heavensward and stormblood if it weren't for the amount of dungeons in ARR. I love queuing up and doing runs in between. Snowcloak :dreamy: 

And doing extreme trials with randoms sometimes... :deader:  

but yeah, I will see about heavensward. I played a bit of shadowbringers content on another account, i'm excited but I don't want to rush it. 

I really like the game the only thing missing for me is some CC for trash mobs. 

Sucks that heavensward content especially raid ques are pretty much dead nowadays. I remember waiting for over 2 hours just to do the Alexander raid, and I was a healer. If your dps, good fucking luck.

5 minutes ago, Delita said:

It's really that long? That's seriously impressive. I think with rpgs you have to make them that long for people to really get s good feel.

And man man I need to try octopath someday. It def sounds and reminds me of their SaGa series. Sane thing. You chose from over a dozen different characters and all their stories intertwine and they all cross paths 

I've heard DQXI is around 40 hours for just the main story, and a few side missions; but up to 60 for everything.

3 minutes ago, Delita said:

Oh yeah I believe it. They're always long as hell

I have it, did the intro/prologue and then read it was that long and thought: "Yeah... I better revisit this later, otherwise I'll stop and be unable to get back into it." :ben:

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I have it, did the intro/prologue and then read it was that long and thought: "Yeah... I better revisit this later, otherwise I'll stop and be unable to get back into it." :ben:

Tbh I think that was it. Now that you mention it. I didn't really find it boring, I just knew that I had started what was going to be another very long game and I just said fuck it, I'm really not in the mood for this right now. :ben:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Delita said:

Sucks that heavensward content especially raid ques are pretty much dead nowadays. I remember waiting for over 2 hours just to do the Alexander raid, and I was a healer. If your dps, good fucking luck.

It's fine in europe as far as I know. DPS obviously still taking longer. Heavensward is funny so far and the locations are badass, hopefully gonna see some dungeons soon and do the cloud whale primal