The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

yo I beat all FF13 games. I'm a true gaymer. Bleed through FF13 and didn't enjoy a minute of it lol.  Lighting Returns is a badass game tho. kaz you really should play it.  It's so dark and grim and weird. It's a bit like Majoras Mask.  Shit's dyyyying.

6 minutes ago, kokujin said:

true, gaymer.   "oh well fuck it. I'll just youtube the ending. I almost did it."

I don't have time or patience for fuckery on that level 

• Haha 1

i'm not hating lol. I think it's cute. to get so far, yet be so content.  lol.  tho I bet you could youtube how to beat it too. i'm trying to think if there's been campaigns where I just rage-quit and said fuck it.

I know there's a couple GTA3  missions where for some reason the 3rd to last mission is HARD AS FAWK.  That was some fuckery. 

14 minutes ago, kokujin said:

true, gaymer.   "oh well fuck it. I'll just youtube the ending. I almost did it."

that was my thought, but I believe some parts in games can be extremely annoying to the point where you just don't give a fuck.

Completed Valkyria Chronicles 4, solid game but I have some issues with it.

-Class balance is a bit out of whack.

Scouts are a little too tanky for having such a large AP pool. They can single handedly clear levels for you.

Troopers range is a bit too short and I feel they need more AP. They're suppose to be the backbone of your squad but they struggle to get in range and move to ideal positions.

Lancers are too specialized and don't have anything else to offer besides Tank slaying.

Engineers feel pretty useless for the most part since armor vehicles have a lot of defense and HP so you rarely need to repair them. Engineers feel like nerfed Scouts.

Snipers are probably the most balanced class. No issues here.

Grenadiers are OP as fuck. Once you get anti armor rounds they make Lancers feel pointless.

-Squad orders are broken. Using only a couple Orders on a unit will allow that unit to finish the level in 1 turn.

-Speaking of turns, having the ranking base itself only on how fast you complete the level paints the game in a very negative light. Playing for rank makes the game extremely shallow and exposed how unbalanced and simple the game really is. I had the most fun with the game when I just completely ignored the ranking system. It's a shame the ranking system doesn't score you on multiple things, feels like a huge oversight.

I have other issues with the game but these were the main things that constantly stuck out to me.

Overall though, despite my issues I still enjoyed the game. I'd give it a 7/ 10. Definitely room for improvement but what's here is solid enough.

Edited by Sabo

This your first  vc? Literally everything you said has been there since 1. If they haven’t changed it now, I doubt they’re going to change anything.  Well, 2, and 3 had smaller maps which made shock troopers more useful, but then that made scouts pointless.

the series just needs a complete overhaul

Edited by Delita
9 hours ago, Delita said:

This your first  vc? Literally everything you said has been there since 1. If they haven’t changed it now, I doubt they’re going to change anything.  Well, 2, and 3 had smaller maps which made shock troopers more useful, but then that made scouts pointless.

the series just needs a complete overhaul

Yes, it is. Disappointing to hear this is stuff that has always existed.

I wouldn't say it needs a complete overhaul. All of these issues aren't major, they're things that can be easily addressed and fixed since they fall under the balance category. Further tweaks and fine tuning is all that's really needed.

I enjoyed my time with VC4 but I never finished the last mission. The game is really made and I enjoyed the story, but the gameplay is too demanding and stresses me the hell out. There were so many times where I was deep into many of its longer battles and was second guessing every choice I made because I was worried I would screw myself over and have to start over. The fact that they weren't afraid to drop new rules and enemy types on you well into the fights didn't help matters either.

35 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Yes, it is. Disappointing to hear this is stuff that has always existed.

I wouldn't say it needs a complete overhaul. All of these issues aren't major, they're things that can be easily addressed and fixed since they fall under the balance category. Further tweaks and fine tuning is all that's really needed.

Yeah literally it’s the exact same. I was kind of shocked how much vc4 did absolutely nothing to advance the series in anyway.

and I disagree I find them to be major now. After 12 years and 3 sequels, the core gameplay hasn’t evolved at all and it just feels old and lazy. I don’t think minor adjustments is enough. That would have been fine for 2 or even 3, but a 5th game has to bring a lot more to the table. What was a new and fun concept has already been driven into the ground with several low effort sequels.

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I enjoyed my time with VC4 but I never finished the last mission. The game is really made and I enjoyed the story, but the gameplay is too demanding and stresses me the hell out. There were so many times where I was deep into many of its longer battles and was second guessing every choice I made because I was worried I would screw myself over and have to start over. The fact that they weren't afraid to drop new rules and enemy types on you well into the fights didn't help matters either.

You know you can manually save every turn