The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Thanks to VC4 I decided to try out one of the heavyweights of the SRPG genre. Now, I've tried SRPGs before but they've never really clicked with me but it appears VC4 is actually a pretty good gateway into the genre.

I'm playing Disgaea 5 right now and fuck me... This game is bat shit insane with all of it's game systems. I had to ignore some stuff for now because there is just way too much to process, this has to be the most overwhelmed I've ever felt playing a game.

42 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Thanks to VC4 I decided to try out one of the heavyweights of the SRPG genre. Now, I've tried SRPGs before but they've never really clicked with me but it appears VC4 is actually a pretty good gateway into the genre.

I'm playing Disgaea 5 right now and fuck me... This game is bat shit insane with all of it's game systems. I had to ignore some stuff for now because there is just way too much to process, this has to be the most overwhelmed I've ever felt playing a game.

Mentions heavyweights, plays disgea 5. Really?:mj: Those are garbo

play final fantasy tactics. Or tactics ogre 

LOL, seriously. Disgaea is commonly mentioned alongside FFT and FE when it comes to SRPGs...

Just so you don't get your fanboy panties in a bunch any further...I'm on PS5 and my choices for SRPGs isn't exactly broad. Disgaea 5 was basically my only choice.

2 hours ago, Sabo said:

LOL, seriously. Disgaea is commonly mentioned alongside FFT and FE when it comes to SRPGs...

Just so you don't get your fanboy panties in a bunch any further...I'm on PS5 and my choices for SRPGs isn't exactly broad. Disgaea 5 was basically my only choice.

Nah I’m just giving you crap. Disgaea and fire emblem are pretty good. But these are honestly entry level  low tier srpgs in terms of depth. Disgaea is fun. I’ve beaten the first 3. But I would not call it the best of the genre. It’s like calling killer instinct the best fighting game of the gen or something 

1 hour ago, Delita said:

Nah I’m just giving you crap. Disgaea and fire emblem are pretty good. But these are honestly entry level  low tier srpgs in terms of depth. Disgaea is fun. I’ve beaten the first 3. But I would not call it the best of the genre. It’s like calling killer instinct the best fighting game of the gen or something 

I don't follow the genre and have very little experience with it. Disgaea is one of the titles I've seen mentioned a lot though when people talk about SRPGs  so I assumed it was one of the better ones. Like I said earlier, don't really have much options on the PS5 when it comes to this genre so when I saw Disgaea 5 with all DLC for 20 bucks I figured why not. 

If I had a Switch I'd definitely be giving Fire Emblem a try instead though. The latest game appears to be really good, all I see is praise for the game.

26 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I don't follow the genre and have very little experience with it. Disgaea is one of the titles I've seen mentioned a lot though when people talk about SRPGs  so I assumed it was one of the better ones. Like I said earlier, don't really have much options on the PS5 when it comes to this genre so when I saw Disgaea 5 with all DLC for 20 bucks I figured why not. 

If I had a Switch I'd definitely be giving Fire Emblem a try instead though. The latest game appears to be really good, all I see is praise for the game.

Yeah it’s good. very easy to get Into, but it’s not all that special once you really get into the genre. I’m kind of a snob Of this genre though. My name and avatar is from FFT.

i know you’re into action games and it’s like someone recommending someone idk something like darksiders as the best the genre has to offer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 2020-01-17 at 10:21 PM, Ramza said:

Nah, I only saw one possible ending. I liked the game a lot, not sure why I stopped playing it.

Ah man, it gets so good when you get the other endings. The main one is fantastic. 

Bought some new PS4 games.

Death Stranding

Control

DOOM Collection (had no interest in this but when I saw it also included DOOM 2016, I changed my mind)

Shadow of the Colossus (sold it during my non gaming break, bought it back for cheap)

Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot for PSVR (lol, mostly for collecting purpose, I try to own as many physical PSVR games as I can).

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Death Stranding

Control

DOOM Collection (had no interest in this but when I saw it also included DOOM 2016, I changed my mind)

Shadow of the Colossus (sold it during my non gaming break, bought it back for cheap)

Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot for PSVR (lol, mostly for collecting purpose, I try to own as many physical PSVR games as I can).

Im not sure its your type of game but I do hope you end up enjoying Death Stranding. It truly is something special as long as you dedicate enough patience to learning its ins and outs.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Death Stranding

Control

wish they had the fixed the controls for SOTC. still, it was an epic experience and looks fantastic!