The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Dumped over 13 hours into DQ Builders 2 in a little over 2 days. This game is crack.....I can't stop playing. This isn't even normally my type of genre either. Helps that the storytelling and writing is generally REALLY good and charming.

You think I’d like it? 

27 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Dumped over 13 hours into DQ Builders 2 in a little over 2 days. This game is crack.....I can't stop playing. This isn't even normally my type of genre either. Helps that the storytelling and writing is generally REALLY good and charming.

Yeah, I forgot to mention how good of a character Marloth is. He's the star of the show, you're just his sidekick and I didn't mind that.

26 minutes ago, -GD- said:

You think I’d like it? 

Its hard to say. Imagine the world and building mechanics of Minecraft, but combined with a story and unique NPCs that are constantly guiding you as you build up settlements with various buildings, fields, and a lot more. Thats all done as a result of quests that you get from the various characters, some of which can be found as you explore the world to gather materials. Theres also base upgrades that unlock more crafting recipes and make your NPCs more efficient at doing stuff like watering your fields, cooking food, etc.

Thats a quick and dirty overview of the gameplay loop. Its solves Minecraft's biggest problem which is not giving you any goals to strive for and just hoping that you have the motivation and creativity to just find and build stuff on your own. At the same time DQ Builders stills lets you be flexible and creative with how you build and set things up.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its hard to say. Imagine the world and building mechanics of Minecraft, but combined with a story and unique NPCs that are constantly guiding you as you build up settlements with various buildings, fields, and a lot more. Thats all done as a result of quests that you get from the various characters, some of which can be found as you explore the world to gather materials. Theres also base upgrades that unlock more crafting recipes and make your NPCs more efficient at doing stuff like watering your fields, cooking food, etc.

Thats a quick and dirty overview of the gameplay loop. Its solves Minecraft's biggest problem which is not giving you any goals to strive for and just hoping that you have the motivation and creativity to just find and build stuff on your own. At the same time DQ Builders stills lets you be flexible and creative with how you build and set things up.

hmm...i didn't care for stardew valley, but i may like this since there seems to be a story. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

hmm...i didn't care for stardew valley, but i may like this since there seems to be a story. 

Yeah, I never got into games like stardew valley, animal crossing, minecraft, etc for that reason. But this game moves quickly with its story and it never feels like you're getting bogged down with tedious tasks for long periods of time. 

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Yeah, I forgot to mention how good of a character Marloth is. He's the star of the show, you're just his sidekick and I didn't mind that.

Yeah I love how he tries to steer every conversation so it involves death or violence of some kind :D

Played some of the updated Mario Maker 2. I found a really neat world online with 5 worlds. It looks like you can only have the overworld be Super Mario World themed. The new items are so good and it’s pretty clever how they were able to include SMB2 with the mushroom. I’m excited to see what people can come up. Still seems like a very active community. 

Finished FFVII Crisis Core, that ending poor Zack:mjcry: 

FF7R spoiler

Pretty neat how they ended up using that end cutscene for FFVIIR

But holy SHIT if the gameplay wasn't atrocious. So fucking bad my god how did they ever greenlight this slot machine travesty :mj:

No more PSP games for a while :hest:

6 hours ago, bhytre said:

FF7R spoiler

But holy SHIT if the gameplay wasn't atrocious. So fucking bad my god how did they ever greenlight this slot machine travesty :mj:

HyxaJyY.gif

6 hours ago, bhytre said:

FF7R spoiler 

FF7R spoilers? 

i stopped a few hours into the game cause the combat system was pure garbage. PSP was a mistake.

Crisis core was decent. At first it’s kinda blah but once you got better materia it became more fun towards the 2nd half. Plus it came out like 10 years ago :ben:

The dmw was def always retarded though and made no sense even when it came out

Wait holy shit 2007? Fuck me it’s been that long? I still remember getting it day 1.

Edited by Delita

I'm four hours in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Some early impressions.

The good:

Character models are amazing, some of the best I've ever seen in any game.

Slowing down time while giving commands was a nice idea, it resemble more the old traditional turn based combat and I like it.

Nostalgia, nostalgia everywhere. Seeing this classic game in a new light is quite fascinating.

Tifa's abs looks amazing.

The bad:

The combat has a janky feel to it. It's not as tight as it should be.

The remixed soundtrack isn't bad per say but some of themes have lost their essence, even if they are well replicated. I prefer the original OST.

All the environments so far feels very small and claustrophobic.

Tifa's boobs are smaller than in the original.

Mixed feelings:

The sidequests are mostly generic filler that doesn't add much to the game (at least the quests in the slums area). I don't mind much since it's a good opportunity to level up materias.

Some of the dialogues are pretty bad, but the voice acting is solid for the most part, not great though. Barret is annoying, but he was always annoying even without VO.

Not sure how I feel about the new Sephiroth cutscenes at the beginning and introducing Nibelheim flashbacks so soon. Not a big issue though.

I'm enjoying it a lot anyway. Already I think it's the best Square game in a very, very long time.

13 hours ago, bhytre said:

What spoiler it's literally the beginning cutscene of FFVIIR where Aerith is kneeling on the street and Cloud comes in while standing on the train :mj:

Kaz you retard :tom: 

what the fuck are you even talking about? you are the retard :D 

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

I'm four hours in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Some early impressions.

The bad:

Tifa's boobs are smaller than in the original.

her boobs are melons in the remake :monkas:

8 minutes ago, kaz said:

her boobs are melons in the remake :monkas:

Its kind of silly how she has both a massive chest and has abs right below them. Im no anatomy expert but I doubt anyone can have breasts of that size (result of high body fat%) and then have abs as well (which require a very low body fat%). They should either go one way or the other with her design.