The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

To be fair theres not much competition. No one is making traditional jrpgs anymore lol.

Yeah, its pretty much a dead genre. Instead we get crappy combat like in FF7 Remake.

Just now, Twinblade said:

The combat is one of the strongest parts of the game :trump2:

Its alright but Id take a good turn based combat system over it any time.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, -GD- said:

Loved the danganronpa games!

btw, did you see all of these? 

Yeah I did :biggrin: So good. One of the best running gags in the show. 

Ended up going back and getting the platinum after I finished it (got the game on PS4 as it was much cheaper than on switch)

we have an official thread for a certain game for a reason.  @Bodycount du fuk u. I do not want to hear your opinions on the game, for you to overhype or tell my emotions spoilers and what to expect. a big fuck you. and yes, I knkow all you wrote was "it moved me to tears."  WELL GUESS THE FUCK WHAT, how the fuck am I supposed to be surprised or move to tears myself??? do you fucking understand yourself? Get your thread title shit out of my internet, you slum worm. 

Hmm... I'm on Chapter 9 of FF VII and I'm not sure how I feel about it so far. I was expecting some retcons before I started the game so I'm trying to give them a chance but this game has more of them than I thought it would.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Hmm... I'm on Chapter 9 of FF VII and I'm not sure how I feel about it so far. I was expecting some retcons before I started the game so I'm trying to give them a chance but this game has more of them than I thought it would.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion once you've finished it.

I loved FF7make, but I only played the original til 1-2 hours AFTER Midgar  :yeshrug: (on Switch lol)

Currently playing SoR4 ( kinda hooked now, its awesome) and 4 hours into Nioh 2, which Im really digging. 

8 hours ago, Ramza said:

Its alright but Id take a good turn based combat system over it any time.

What are the jrpgs with the best turn based combat iyo (by today's standards)? I have like no experience with them. 

Edited by Guest
10 hours ago, madmaltese said:

It's Persona 5 and nothing else is even close. 

I always held off playing P5 because of how long it is, but maybe i'll finally try it.....when P5Royal goes on sale. :mjgrin:

9 minutes ago, モンキー said:

I always held off playing P5 because of how long it is, but maybe i'll finally try it.....when P5Royal goes on sale. :mjgrin:

yeah, definitely get the royal edition and google how to get the added content/best ending. it heavily adds to the mythology of p5's core story and provides a significantly better conclusion. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

yeah, definitely get the royal edition and google how to get the added content/best ending. it heavily adds to the mythology of p5's core story and provides a significantly better conclusion. 

will do :aitch:

I really hope Gears Tactics is a refinement on Xcom's mechanics and not just a clone of them. Chimera Squad reminds me of just how much inconsistent bullshit there is in these games.

How is it that I have a hit chance of 60% with a shotgun on a enemy right in front of me, yet i have a 80% chance of hitting his buddy BEHIND and FARTHER away from him? where is the logic in that :| 

I also love the moments where I move my character to a spot where I should have a clear shot on an enemy, but I can't target them even though the line of sight is there. But then somehow theres times where enemies are behind solid objects like the goddamn FRONT OF A TRUCK but i can shoot right through it and hit them for the full amount of damage.

wut.....

When everything clicks the turn based mechanics are still solid, but theres so much annoying jankiness that still shouldn't be there.

guys watch this shit, i will start playing this game for the first time because of that scene :D  

it's timestamped

best game ever (probably) B)

• Haha 1