The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Beat FF VII. Absolute fuckin garbage. This is shit fan fiction at its worst. Square didn't just fuck this up, they did far worse.

They didn't even try to respect the source material.

Just blatant disrespect by this new era of Square developers trying to prove they can do better than the original. Well you can't and you want to know why?

Talent. You fucks lack it and have gotten this far by riding on the waves left behind by the people who are much better than you.

I feel for you, Remij. Can't imagine how hard the gut punch might have felt to you after seeing that peice of shit ending.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Sabo said:

I'm at the end.

Reveal hidden contents

The party is at the end of the bridge standing in front of the glowing energy which I'm assuming is the last fight.

Turned the game off immediately after the big reveal because it pissed me off that much. The biggest load of bullshit I've seen in years.

Fuck this game and fuck Part 2. I'm getting off this shit train right here.

Dude, I just finished the game... when I spoke I was early into Shinara HQ...

Im so shocked right now I cant even say anything more than that... I will bash this game after I sober up a bit. 

Fuck this shit, part 2 is fucked indeed. What garbage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I just did the first 'side mission' in Gears Tactics and I can't say im a fan of what they went for with these. The mission itself had a simple 'hold the control points' objective and overall it basically played out like a Gears MP match but with bots. It also bugs me that they would even call it a side mission when it needs to be completed in order for you to move onto the actual story missions. I don't want to sound too pessimistic but I can already tell these exist to pad out the length of the campaign.

Just wait until you need to do 2 side missions to move on in act 2 and 3 side missions to move on in act 3. XP slows down to a glacial pace as well so it's not like you have fun new abilities to look forward to or mess around with. Loot stops mattering because you either have the pieces you want already or you're waiting for a higher quality version of a specific piece and a higher quality version of something else is irrelevant. New enemy types come in slower and are much less interesting to deal with.

It's probably the biggest drop in enjoyment between the first half and the second half of a game that I've had in awhile. A master class in how to stretch a game too thin and ruin the experience.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

oh noez its not a carbon copy of a 23 year old PS1 game, fuckin Square!!11!

You guys sound so butthurt :drake:

Because I was expecting a faithful update of the original, you dumbfuck.

Thats what I was paying for. If I had known beforehand that this game was going to veer away from that then I wouldn't of even bothered with this shit show.

Of course I'm disappointed and you're an idiot if you can't understand why.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Just wait until you need to do 2 side missions to move on in act 2 and 3 side missions to move on in act 3. XP slows down to a glacial pace as well so it's not like you have fun new abilities to look forward to or mess around with. Loot stops mattering because you either have the pieces you want already or you're waiting for a higher quality version of a specific piece and a higher quality version of something else is irrelevant. New enemy types come in slower and are much less interesting to deal with.

It's probably the biggest drop in enjoyment between the first half and the second half of a game that I've had in awhile. A master class in how to stretch a game too thin and ruin the experience.

Why do developers continue to do this :mindblown: The game feels so good to play but it sounds like instead of striving for a awesome 20 hour experience they went with a bloated 40 hour slog.

3 hours ago, Sabo said:

Beat FF VII. Absolute fuckin garbage. This is shit fan fiction at its worst. Square didn't just fuck this up, they did far worse.

They didn't even try to respect the source material.

Just blatant disrespect by this new era of Square developers trying to prove they can do better than the original. Well you can't and you want to know why?

Talent. You fucks lack it and have gotten this far by riding on the waves left behind by the people who are much better than you.

I feel for you, Remij. Can't imagine how hard the gut punch might have felt to you after seeing that peice of shit ending.

Yep.  That's exactly what it is... fan fiction bullshit. 

I should have known better.  SquareEnix are incapable of doing justice to their past IP and games.  It's why I don't want them to even THINK about touching Chrono Trigger.  Can you fucking imagine what that would be like? :mj: 

Yea it hurt man.  This was it.  This was their chance to pay respect to the game that played a large part in bringing RPGs to the masses in the west, as well as a defining game for Square.. and their idea was to just.........

Yea.. I'm not happy about it.  It's seeming like a lot of the games I was so hyped for at the beginning of this year have let me down :francis: 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Because I was expecting a faithful update of the original, you dumbfuck.

Thats what I was paying for. If I had known beforehand that this game was going to veer away from that then I wouldn't of even bothered with this shit show.

Of course I'm disappointed and you're an idiot if you can't understand why.

They designed a 40+ hour game that could be completed in a handful of hours in the original. That should have been enough of a hint that they were going in a different direction when remaking it. I warmed up to the changes and additions because I realized it was naive to expect it to be the same game as the original Midgar portion. Its still faithful in its themes and characters which is what caused the original game to resonate with so many people (in fact they do some characters like Tifa way more justice with how they're developed and fleshed out).

This was never intended to replace the original or overwrite its story, they can easily co-exist with one another.

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

They designed a 40+ hour game that could be completed in a handful of hours in the original. That should have been enough of a hint that they were going in a different direction when remaking it. I warmed up to the changes and additions because I realized it was naive to expect it to be the same game as the original Midgar portion. Its still faithful in its themes and characters which is what caused the original game to resonate with so many people (in fact they do some characters like Tifa way more justice with how they're developed and fleshed out).

This was never intended to replace the original or overwrite its story, they can easily co-exist with one another.

I was expecting them to flesh out Midgar. ALL of Midgar. I was expecting to see what the other Sectors looked like. I was expecting to do different types of missions in those new Sectors and not just Reactor Bombing stuff. I was hoping for missions to be like some of the ones you would do in FF VIII. THAT would be a 40 game. This would require work though. This would require passion for the source material. More importantly, this would require talent.

Instead, they just expanded on the areas I've already seen and filled them with monotonous game padding content. The only areas that were handled well were Wall Market (which TBH, would've been really hard for them to fuck this place up) and the Train Graveyard. Everything else was just lazy. There was no desire to show off or introduce new Sectors of Midgar. They created a game that simply expanded on what already existed and didn't even really try to do anything else. What's even worse, the game becomes a slog after

The Sector 7 plate fell

and from this point you revisit areas you've already been through. The new stuff here was absolutely terrible.

Chasing a Ratpig in the sewers for 30 minutes is not my idea of fun. Playing a shittier version of Dirge of Cerberus, a game that is shit to begin with, is not my idea of fun. Doing more tedious side quests through areas I've already done shitty side quests in is not my idea of fun.

They didn't make a 40 hour game, they took a shorter game and stretched it to 40 hours.

On another note, didn't SE claim the side quests were going to be "meaningful"? That they weren't going to be generic? LOL... What a fuckin' lie that turned out to be.

The "new" content  is mostly retcon bullshit...

Let's go down that shit list:

-It begins in Chapter 2. The game wastes no time introducing Sephiroth. One of the most notorious video game villains of all time gets no build up at all. WTF. But fine, whatever... I let it slide.

-Then we get the Whisper reveal. As stupid as it was I let it slide because I was expecting it to be tied to the Lifestream somehow. Maybe the Mako reactors are tainting the spirits in the Lifestream and the Whispers are representing that corruption. Of course at the time I didn't know what they were exactly but I was trying to give the game a chance. I didn't like this new introduction but it was at least something that could be connected to the original lore of the game. How wrong I turned out to be but more on that later....... Another fine, whatever. I'll go with it moment.

-Biggs, Wedge, Jessie. Didn't mind Biggs. Didn't mind Wedge. Can't stand Jessie. The game  was trying to force me to like her but the more the game tried to shove her down my throat, the more annoying I found her to be. But fine, whatever. Only have to deal with her for a little while because all three of them are dead soon so I let it slide.

-Roche. I don't mind SOLDIERs making an appearance. In fact I was hoping for it, I felt they were really under utilized in the original because you only fight them in one area of the game. Roche, however, is a goddamn cartoon. This motherfucker is bunny hopping on top of mechs with his giant motorcycle... It was completely ridiculous. A younger me might've found this cool, older me just thinks its fuckin' stupid. Again, though... Fine, whatever. I let it slide because I was like, "Well, at least they're showing off other SOLDIERs".

-SOLDIER side effects

We're pulling from Crisis Core... Fine, whatever.

-AVALANCHE 1st Division.

What?

AVALANCHE was never a huge resistance group. It was literally created by Barret and consists of his small team. There is no other divisions. There certainly were never any divisions associated with Wutai.

But fine, whatever.

Making AVALANCHE a bigger force than it originally was is not a hard pill to swallow. The Wutai connection defeats the whole point of Yuffie's character development though. Wutai has basically lost all their fighting spirit when Shinra defeated them and Wutai has settled into being a tourist location. This is the main reason Yuffie is so obsessed with Materia, she wants to amass as much of it as possible in the hopes that the Materia will reignite Wutai's will to fight once again. Making AVALANCHE a bigger force also messes with Barret's character development but FINE. WHATEVER. I let it slide because I'm really trying to give the game the chance.

-Sector 7 Plate comes crashing down... and casualties are minimal. Okay, you know what, this kind of thing would be touchy subject matter in this day and age so I can understand this direction. I'll go with it.

-Deepground nonsense

Sigh... We're pulling from Dirge of Cerberus now. Fine, whatever....

-Mayor Domino being an insider for AVALANCHE.

Okay, sure....

-Aerith touching Red and now Red knows exactly what the Whispers are.

LOL... WHAT?

I mean, I guess it is time to actually start explaining what the deal is with them but THIS is how you do it? LMAO...

-Hojo nonsense

..... Okay, okay. Hojo is known for doing all kinds of fuckin' experiments and shit so I can go with this. This whole section was tedious as hell to play through but whatever.

-The final stretch of the game

And now the real shit show begins. There is so much to mention here but I'll just simplify it and say Space/Time Bullshit galore. There is so much wrong with this that I could literally write a book on this alone but I'm not going to. I can let a lot of shit slide but this was the last straw... Fuck this game and fuck whatever nonsense it plans to do in the future.

Also, this game's theme is not true to the original so I don't know WTF you're talking about.

The original's main theme was Loss. This game's main theme is Fate vs. Free Will bullshit because Toriyama doesn't know how to write about anything else.

Edited by Sabo
11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

oh noez its not a carbon copy of a 23 year old PS1 game, fuckin Square!!11!

You guys sound so butthurt :drake:

No matter how you cut it, the ending was atrocious. They could have stuck with Rufus boss fight and end it there like in the original. Everything before that moment and after was retarded. 

I dont mind new things but it has to be good, or hell better than the original. It wasnt. And they are screwing themselves for the sequel.

Keep willingly eating up that trash.

I could literally spend the rest of my life complaining about all the dumb changes and new retarded decisions. But fuck that.

On a more positive note, the bike chase scene was cool. I love when the game follows the original story and just go wild with it. 

The new stuff is just awful though, and they ruined Sephiroth.

god I love seeing the old FFVII 'fans' get BTFO, seethe more hahahahaha Nomura is a GOD  :glad:

Playing The Silver Case on PS4 which was Suda 51's first game I think? 

It's pretty archaic and downright annoying as far as visual novels go, story is a bit of a mixed bag and weird. Some fun characters and dialogue, I still want to keep playing so whatever :] 

Edited by bhytre
7 hours ago, Sabo said:

I was expecting them to flesh out Midgar. ALL of Midgar. I was expecting to see what the other Sectors looked like. I was expecting to do different types of missions in those new Sectors and not just Reactor Bombing stuff. I was hoping for missions to be like some of the ones you would do in FF VIII. THAT would be a 40 game. This would require work though. This would require passion for the source material. More importantly, this would require talent.

Instead, they just expanded on the areas I've already seen and filled them with monotonous game padding content. The only areas that were handled well were Wall Market (which TBH, would've been really hard for them to fuck this place up) and the Train Graveyard. Everything else was just lazy. There was no desire to show off or introduce new Sectors of Midgar. They created a game that simply expanded on what already existed and didn't even really try to do anything else. What's even worse, the game becomes a slog after

Reveal hidden contents

The Sector 7 plate fell

and from this point you revisit areas you've already been through. The new stuff here was absolutely terrible.

Hide contents

Chasing a Ratpig in the sewers for 30 minutes is not my idea of fun. Playing a shittier version of Dirge of Cerberus, a game that is shit to begin with, is not my idea of fun. Doing more tedious side quests through areas I've already done shitty side quests in is not my idea of fun.

They didn't make a 40 hour game, they took a shorter game and stretched it to 40 hours.

On another note, didn't SE claim the side quests were going to be "meaningful"? That they weren't going to be generic? LOL... What a fuckin' lie that turned out to be.

The "new" content  is mostly retcon bullshit...

Let's go down that shit list:

Reveal hidden contents

-It begins in Chapter 2. The game wastes no time introducing Sephiroth. One of the most notorious video game villains of all time gets no build up at all. WTF. But fine, whatever... I let it slide.

-Then we get the Whisper reveal. As stupid as it was I let it slide because I was expecting it to be tied to the Lifestream somehow. Maybe the Mako reactors are tainting the spirits in the Lifestream and the Whispers are representing that corruption. Of course at the time I didn't know what they were exactly but I was trying to give the game a chance. I didn't like this new introduction but it was at least something that could be connected to the original lore of the game. How wrong I turned out to be but more on that later....... Another fine, whatever. I'll go with it moment.

-Biggs, Wedge, Jessie. Didn't mind Biggs. Didn't mind Wedge. Can't stand Jessie. The game  was trying to force me to like her but the more the game tried to shove her down my throat, the more annoying I found her to be. But fine, whatever. Only have to deal with her for a little while because all three of them are dead soon so I let it slide.

-Roche. I don't mind SOLDIERs making an appearance. In fact I was hoping for it, I felt they were really under utilized in the original because you only fight them in one area of the game. Roche, however, is a goddamn cartoon. This motherfucker is bunny hopping on top of mechs with his giant motorcycle... It was completely ridiculous. A younger me might've found this cool, older me just thinks its fuckin' stupid. Again, though... Fine, whatever. I let it slide because I was like, "Well, at least they're showing off other SOLDIERs".

-SOLDIER side effects

We're pulling from Crisis Core... Fine, whatever.

-AVALANCHE 1st Division.

What?

AVALANCHE was never a huge resistance group. It was literally created by Barret and consists of his small team. There is no other divisions. There certainly were never any divisions associated with Wutai.

But fine, whatever.

Making AVALANCHE a bigger force than it originally was is not a hard pill to swallow. The Wutai connection defeats the whole point of Yuffie's character development though. Wutai has basically lost all their fighting spirit when Shinra defeated them and Wutai has settled into being a tourist location. This is the main reason Yuffie is so obsessed with Materia, she wants to amass as much of it as possible in the hopes that the Materia will reignite Wutai's will to fight once again. Making AVALANCHE a bigger force also messes with Barret's character development but FINE. WHATEVER. I let it slide because I'm really trying to give the game the chance.

-Sector 7 Plate comes crashing down... and casualties are minimal. Okay, you know what, this kind of thing would be touchy subject matter in this day and age so I can understand this direction. I'll go with it.

-Deepground nonsense

Sigh... We're pulling from Dirge of Cerberus now. Fine, whatever....

-Mayor Domino being an insider for AVALANCHE.

Okay, sure....

-Aerith touching Red and now Red knows exactly what the Whispers are.

LOL... WHAT?

I mean, I guess it is time to actually start explaining what the deal is with them but THIS is how you do it? LMAO...

-Hojo nonsense

..... Okay, okay. Hojo is known for doing all kinds of fuckin' experiments and shit so I can go with this. This whole section was tedious as hell to play through but whatever.

-The final stretch of the game

And now the real shit show begins. There is so much to mention here but I'll just simplify it and say Space/Time Bullshit galore. There is so much wrong with this that I could literally write a book on this alone but I'm not going to. I can let a lot of shit slide but this was the last straw... Fuck this game and fuck whatever nonsense it plans to do in the future.

Also, this game's theme is not true to the original so I don't know WTF you're talking about.

The original's main theme was Loss. This game's main theme is Fate vs. Free Will bullshit because Toriyama doesn't know how to write about anything else.

To each his own :shrug: Its not perfect, and some dungeons did feel like filler and but I did enjoy the payoff at the end of them (even the ratpig one has some interesting story moments).

Also the side quests are meaningful in the sense that you get bonus cutscenes with some of the characters depending on which ones you finish. They're not elaborate or anything but they do add to the world building aspect. But overall, when Judged against the average modern JRPG FF7 is better than most of them and is by far my favorite this gen.

Final note:

Dirge of Cerberus was a good game 

:wrists:

When I first started Gears Tactics I was extremely impressed by their attempts to have a cinematic story with high fidelity cutscenes comparable to those from regular Gears, but then as I continued playing I realized that half of the missions in the game just throw you straight into battles with no context besides a few lines of dialogue in the background. Im up to Act 2 chapter 5 and the mission design as well as the story are leaving a lot to be desired. In fact the 'story' mission I just did was literally just a copy of a mission from the first act with the same main objective.

This is basically the turn based strategy equivalent of AC1. The foundation is rock solid, but everything surrounding it is pretty underdeveloped. But at least that means that they can really knock our socks off with any sequels they decide to make.

• Like 1

The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is a godly VR survival horror game. Stabbing zombies in the head never felt so good, the feeling of the blade getting stuck in their cranium is incredible.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Ramza said:

The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is a godly VR survival horror game. Stabbing zombies in the head never felt so good, the feeling of the blade getting stuck in their cranium is incredible.

Ill need to get that soon. How does the movement work? It looked really smooth in the videos I saw.