The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 minute ago, Delita said:

:aitch:

Hide contents

The last several hours was all seriously epic. From the standoff on the bridge, the island then Santa Barbara :whew:

Spoiler

I was playing on surround sound the entire time. And the bridge scene had some of the best sound design I've experienced in gaming. ND seriously made a masterpiece from top to bottom. But yeah the last 7-8 hours was perfection.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Finally finished Ghost and I feel like I have battered wife syndrome with this game. It annoyed at so many points, especially the combat (whether due to it being broken or technical issues on my end, I still can't say for sure) but I still had a weird attachment to it and really enjoyed my time with it. The story isn't exactly amazing but it has its moments, and I liked the way it wrapped up. The ending and was well done and you definitely got a sense of closure with the themes that the story presented.

There aren't that many interesting characters but I still find myself rooting for some of them, especially Yuna and Masako who ended up being my favorites. While their character arcs are the most entertaining part of the game's side content overall (outside of the shrines which had some really cool platforming bits) I still think the game could have delved a bit further into their backstories and origins.

The way cutscenes and interactions are presented can be a low point. It feels like a lot of these devolve to just 2 characters standing next to each other talking and barely animating while the camera pans out into a static position. Theres a cinematic flair to the rest of the game (the transition from act 2 to 3 being the highlight) so Its a bit underwhelming that these cutscenes didn't get more attention.

Another thing that bugged me (many people won't feel the same way) was how the very game-y design sort of betrayed the setting. They put so much effort into having this authentic portrayal of japan during this era but then decide to throw in shit like grappling hooks and blow darts that make enemies attack each other. This stuff is just silly, and doesn't mesh well at all with the game is going for.

Anyway if I were to rate the game overall I would give it a solid 8.

• Upvote 2
22 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Finally finished Ghost and I feel like I have battered wife syndrome with this game. It annoyed at so many points, especially the combat (whether due to it being broken or technical issues on my end, I still can't say for sure) but I still had a weird attachment to it and really enjoyed my time with it. The story isn't exactly amazing but it has its moments, and I liked the way it wrapped up. The ending and was well done and you definitely got a sense of closure with the themes that the story presented.

There aren't that many interesting characters but I still find myself rooting for some of them, especially Yuna and Masako who ended up being my favorites. While their character arcs are the most entertaining part of the game's side content overall (outside of the shrines which had some really cool platforming bits) I still think the game could have delved a bit further into their backstories and origins.

The way cutscenes and interactions are presented can be a low point. It feels like a lot of these devolve to just 2 characters standing next to each other talking and barely animating while the camera pans out into a static position. Theres a cinematic flair to the rest of the game (the transition from act 2 to 3 being the highlight) so Its a bit underwhelming that these cutscenes didn't get more attention.

Another thing that bugged me (many people won't feel the same way) was how the very game-y design sort of betrayed the setting. They put so much effort into having this authentic portrayal of japan during this era but then decide to throw in shit like grappling hooks and blow darts that make enemies attack each other. This stuff is just silly, and doesn't mesh well at all with the game is going for.

Anyway if I were to rate the game overall I would give it a solid 8.

nice review! all of your points are valid. i think the general consensus is that it's an 8 game. 

Got the Ghost Plat. 

Overall it was pretty much what I expected in many ways. A great game from Sucker Punch but one that doesn't really push the genre forward in any significant way. The combat and the open world are the standouts for me, with combat especially being my fav open world combat ever. When you are cleaning up locations at the end for the plat and constantly fast travelling around you truly get to appreciate the amazing range and variety in the game's locations and visuals. So many different vibrate colours. The game never felt boring for me but at the same time also never really grabbed me where I could play super long sessions. The story and characters were ok but nothing special. 

Overall probably an 8-8.5 (at it's peak). I would have been more impressed if it came out prior to TLOU2

• Like 1

Playing Mortal Shell. Im really torn on this game. It has some cool ideas, but at the same time the ways in which it tries to differentiate itself from the the souls games actually come off as its weakest mechanics. For example, it doesn't seem like theres an estus flask equivalent. Instead you just stumble across respawning items like mushrooms in the environment that will heal you. So you end up in lots of situations where even after just respawning or entering a new location you have shit for healing items so you end up having to explore at an even slower pace than in the Souls games. Whats worse is that you'll end up stumbling across bosses without any healing items on you and as a result have practically no chance of winning those encounters. On a more positive note you can actually turn around and 'Nope' your way out of the boss battles which is nice, it doesn't just lock you in like in Souls or its spin offs.

Theres a couple of other minor issues I have with it but the healing stuff is the only thing thats really lessening my enjoyment. Maybe the idea behind it is that you'll eventually memorize the locations of the healing items, so you can just run around and stack up a bunch at once. but even then I feel like that will just result in a lot of unnecessary back tracking.