The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

9 hours ago, Ramza said:

Youre missing out on DQXI post game content. That's when the real hardcore shit kicks in, but it is another 40 hours of gameplay if you want to do everything and it does get a bit redundant. Still, you haven't really finished the story. Just saying.

DOOM Eternal is fantastic, a tad too long for its own good though.

Yeah that's what I was worried about tbh. I don't have time for even more hardcore stuff and another 40h of gameplay atm. Simply too long. Still enjoyed my time with it (45h) and I think I'm good. 

Doom Eternal is great so far but I don't know if I like it more than the original. Seems to be a hell of a lot of mechanics added to the game that are unnecessary imo. Way too many rpg lite stuff with weapon upgrades, suit upgrades, mod upgrades and all the forms of currency and shit. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah that's what I was worried about tbh. I don't have time for even more hardcore stuff and another 40h of gameplay atm. Simply too long. Still enjoyed my time with it (45h) and I think I'm good. 

Doom Eternal is great so far but I don't know if I like it more than the original. Seems to be a hell of a lot of mechanics added to the game that are unnecessary imo. Way too many rpg lite stuff with weapon upgrades, suit upgrades, mod upgrades and all the forms of currency and shit. 

you’ll be fine. I also get enough from the game after the initial play through. In fact I think the post game content should have been trimmed down significantly, and they should have instead put those resources into improving the campaign. The 2nd half is just not comparable to the first, what with all the backtracking and lack of new environments.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

The other game you were deciding between had two people actively discussing it in this very thread. :rage:

I'll probably give Ghostrunner a shot, though. Love the setting and I like short games.

yeah I’m just not feeling hades at the moment. And the setting is definitely great, but My favorite aspect is just how quick it moves. It’s one of those games where you can just blast through the environments and spend a bunch of time in the air without even touching the ground. Just a really slick and smooth experience so far.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

you’ll be fine. I also get enough from the game after the initial play through. In fact I think the post game content should have been trimmed down significantly, and they should have instead put those resources into improving the campaign. The 2nd half is just not comparable to the first, what with all the backtracking and lack of new environments.

yeah, fuck that. I'm good. Thanks.

Playing Hades with the pro controller. Holy fuck! I can’t believe I’ve been able to kick ass with those joycons. They now feel unplayable after using the pro. Why did I wait so long to buy this? 

7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn’t know you could fight Charon :D that was epic! I got a discount card

@Hot Sauce

Spoiler

Yeah, I just thought it was like a random spawn free money thing and took it by accident the first time. Got my ass kicked. :ben:

I wish he had less health, though. I run with the 7:00 minute timer pact of punishment option so I haven't fought him in a long time because I just don't have the time to spare.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Lol I meant the 2nd half of the regular game (before post game). It was still good, but it went downhill quite a bit.

Oh ok, I didn't mind it too much. There was some backtracking but by that stage the world was already so big that I don't know if I wanted it to get even larger. I certainly don't feel like going to every major town/city for another time in post game though. 

19 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Hide contents

Yeah, I just thought it was like a random spawn free money thing and took it by accident the first time. Got my ass kicked. :ben:

I wish he had less health, though. I run with the 7:00 minute timer pact of punishment option so I haven't fought him in a long time because I just don't have the time to spare.

Ha 

Spoiler

Ha! He, and the battle after, took all of my resurrections (whatever they are called) 

13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Playing Hades with the pro controller. Holy fuck! I can’t believe I’ve been able to kick ass with those joycons. They now feel unplayable after using the pro. Why did I wait so long to buy this? 

The Pro is one of the best controller out there. Only issue is the D-pad, but I have an SNES like controller for that.