The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

33 minutes ago, Delita said:

I didn’t like it too much. Too much trial and error for my tastes.

Started playing Little Hope

did you play it on PS4? Not saying the game doesn’t have a degree of trial and error, but the technical issues on that version might make it worse.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

did you play it on PS4? Not saying the game doesn’t have a degree of trial and error, but the technical issues on that version might make it worse.

No, PC. Though to be fair I didn’t get very far. It just was nothing like what I expected 

1 hour ago, Delita said:

No, PC. Though to be fair I didn’t get very far. It just was nothing like what I expected 

Its not for everyone, but to me I view the game almost like a 3D version of Hotline Miami. You'll always die several times in many of the encounters as you figure out the best way through the area and its enemies, but once you optimize your path and wipe the floor with everyone, it becomes incredibly satisfying. The game has also done a good job of throwing in new enemy types, abilities, and environmental interactions to change things up (at least after the first 5 hours).

Finished Astrobot yesterday, fantastic VR game and Sony's best platformer that can stand proudly next to Nintendo's. Deserves all the good reviews it got.

The last few levels were sick with graphics way better than I expected the PSVR could handle. That huge Jaws boss fight in the open sea was sick:dame: 

Some levels and boss fights were a tad too easy sometimes that's all I could fault it.

Now playig The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, haven't played much but it looks quite promising so far and it feels like a proper game with its more complex controls and sanbox map :] 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Ben 1
  • aitch 1
36 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Finished Astrobot yesterday, fantastic VR game and Sony's best platformer that can stand proudly next to Nintendo's. Deserves all the good reviews it got.

The last few levels were sick with graphics way better than I expected the PSVR could handle. That huge Jaws boss fight in the open sea was sick:dame: 

Some levels and boss fights were a tad too easy sometimes that's all I could fault it.

Now playig The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, haven't played much but it looks quite promising so far and it feels like a proper game with its more complex controls and sanbox map :] 

if vr didn't give me motion sickness, i'd love to play astrobot. looking forward to the ps5 tech demo. 

I finished Ghostrunner. There were a lot of moments where I wanted to throw my controller against the wall, but if you’re patient and can handle the difficulty you’ll be rewarded with one of the coolest and satisfying games this year, especially if you’re into the cyberpunk theme. It’s honestly pretty fuckin sick to be blunt.

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Remij said:

Playing Watch Dogs Legion.  It's very by the numbers, but I'm enjoying it.  Really beautiful at times with everything maxed out. :aitch: 

i'll cop that and ass creed when they are $20 (march?)  

• Like 1

I bought Hades. This better not disappoint :mjpls: 

Edit: I played a bit and then refunded the game :ben: I didn’t hate it but I could already tell what the gameplay loop was, and it’s not something I want to invest in right now what with PS5, Demon’s Souls, and Yakuza 7 being out next week.

• aitch 1

Started a new game of Mortal Shell and am actually playing it the 'right' way (I took the wrong path originally and made the game 10x harder for myself eventually resulting in me giving up). Im still impressed with some of the shit this game does mechanically, I really would like to see From borrow some of its ideas for the next Souls game.

On 2020-11-07 at 6:51 PM, Twinblade said:

I bought Hades. This better not disappoint :mjpls: 

Edit: I played a bit and then refunded the game :ben: I didn’t hate it but I could already tell what the gameplay loop was, and it’s not something I want to invest in right now what with PS5, Demon’s Souls, and Yakuza 7 being out next week.

Damn bro, the initial runs don’t do it justice. It’s a goty contender. 

Finished up Katana Zero. I did not dig the game at all the first couple hours. It's trying to blend so many different visual styles and it just wasn't doing it for me. The combat was alright, but the encounters were too easy and I had no idea the game would be that story heavy. It was pretty annoying getting a 5 minute combat sequence then a 5 minute story sequence when I just wanted to slash some guys in half.

The last hour or two is ridiculously good, though. Like some of my favourite action-puzzle gameplay since Hotline Miami 1 good. Some story kind of played it's hand a bit early and others were a bit obvious, but I still ended up enjoying that part of the game as well once shit started to hit the fan.

Maybe not a game as a whole that I'd throw into the 'Best of 2019' bucket like most people seem to, but definitely the kind of game where I'm really hoping they keep doing more of this and work out some of the pacing issues. Really glad I stuck with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Finished up Katana Zero. I did not dig the game at all the first couple hours. It's trying to blend so many different visual styles and it just wasn't doing it for me. The combat was alright, but the encounters were too easy and I had no idea the game would be that story heavy. It was pretty annoying getting a 5 minute combat sequence then a 5 minute story sequence when I just wanted to slash some guys in half.

The last hour or two is ridiculously good, though. Like some of my favourite action-puzzle gameplay since Hotline Miami 1 good. Some story kind of played it's hand a bit early and others were a bit obvious, but I still ended up enjoying that part of the game as well once shit started to hit the fan.

Maybe not a game as a whole that I'd throw into the 'Best of 2019' bucket like most people seem to, but definitely the kind of game where I'm really hoping they keep doing more of this and work out some of the pacing issues. Really glad I stuck with it.

By far the biggest issue with the game. The way the story is told just hampers the gameplay too much. Kills all pacing. 

10 minutes ago, Delita said:

Hows the new combat?

Im still early but Im very impressed by how short & snappy the encounters have been. One of my main concerns was that making it turn based would slow down the game too much (especially given the high encounter rate of the last few games) but they quickly did away with that fear, you are in and out of battles in no time and the transitions are even smoother than in the regular games.

Also, on a side note the reflections on PC are REALLY good. I don't think its actual ray tracing (the performance is too good on my rig) but its using some advanced implementation of Screen Space reflections that is extremely convincing and comes close to giving that same ray tracing effect.