The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

some random Yakuza 7 thoughts after ~13 hours

- Even by Yakuza standards, the story gets off to a VERY slow start. Its starting to ramp up and the characters they introduce are very likeable, but the pacing at the beginning is probably going to be off putting for some people.

- Yokohama is the biggest and most detailed city they've had yet. There are loads of wide open areas, including streets with traffic going back and forth that you have to look out for when crossing. I think theres more NPCs walking around too, which makes it feel more alive in general.

- This is my first Yakuza on PC, but the load times are very quick compared to how they've been on Playstation consoles. Its most noticeable when you use the taxi to fast travel across the city, but I imagine the load times on series X are comparable.

- The encounter rate for the battles has gotten a bit higher as I get further in, which admittedly is a bit annoying. And unlike in previous games, it doesn't seem possible to just run past enemies who are strolling down the same street as you. The distance at which they detect you seems to be larger. Thankfully, most of the battles are still over fairly quickly especially if you've kept your characters equipment up to date.

- Speaking of the equipment, this is one area that they've expanded on a nice way. I feel like the last few games have really trimmed down your options when it comes to customizing your characters, but here there's a lot of different pieces of armor/clothing with different effects on your stats like what you'd see in a typical RPG. It probably gets crazier as you unlock more jobs (yes like the classic FF jobs) but so far there's only been the default ones for each character.

- Side content is still bonkers but in a good way of course. They still manage to come up with the most ridiculous ideas for the side stories, and as always theres the many 'checklist' type of tasks for completionists. I probably won't bother with many of them, but they do tie into the classic JRPG theme that the game is going for in interesting ways.

So yeah its another solid Yakuza game, but it still feels like im only scratching the surface of what it offers. I still haven't even run into many of the crazier mini games (including their spin on Mario Kart :killzone: ).

Edit: just got to the Business Management mini game. The amount of work/effort they put into this is kind of insane :lul: 

• Like 1
On 2020-11-15 at 6:34 PM, Pat McCrotch said:

The BLOPS Cold War campaign is actually pretty damn good. A lot more quieter moments then full on shooting which is a nice change of pace.

I also got my Joystick finally so I tried MSFS2020 and it's :blessed:

cod boi ITT.

Yakuza 7 is so good, I doubled my playtime since my last post (Saturday - Monday) and I’ve barely even touched demon’s souls in that time. I got access to the job systems which have a pretty much effect on the combat. Each one has its own unique skills and quirks and it’s been fun to just mess around with the ones I’ve unlocked so far.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yakuza 7 is so good, I doubled my playtime since my last post (Saturday - Monday) and I’ve barely even touched demon’s souls in that time. I got access to the job systems which have a pretty much effect on the combat. Each one has its own unique skills and quirks and it’s been fun to just mess around with the ones I’ve unlocked so far.

LMAO  :geese: 

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That’s not a knock against Demon’s Souls, it’s more of a testament to how good Y7 is.

I believe it. were up to 7 now and i've played every single yakuza except 2 and 5, and each time i feel like im being suckered into buying a new one, but each time i play it i'm pleasently surprised and satisfied. This looks like the biggest departure yet and i have no doubts the game owns. If i didn't just get a PS5 i'd be all over this right now. Even now i'm debating buying it right now

1 hour ago, Delita said:

I did get DMC5: SE for PS5 even though i've played through the original. It looks absolutely insane. Ray Traycing is a complete game changer. I'm def a believer now

Really?  It was DMC5:SE's RT that did it for you? :mjpls:

Oh well.. another converted :lawd:

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Really?  It was DMC5:SE's RT that did it for you? :mjpls:

Oh well.. another converted :lawd:

Probably the best game to judge since I played a crapload of the original. So when I started up SE and noticed the new visuals I was blown away since I got first hand experience now with and without, and I played it on PS4 and pc before playing SE on ps5. It’s just incredible :aitch:

Finished Miles Morales the other day. It’s fun and a fantastic tech demo (some parts look insanely good!), but it only had a handful of rollercoaster moments, and is only 6 hours long. I give it a 7. Astrobot is amazing, btw. It’s short, but it’s the kind of game you want to replay. The dual sense is the real deal, especially in this title. On the series X end, I’ve been enjoying the latest Ori (downsampled 6K). It’s gorgeous! I just set up the series X tonight, so I hope to give FH4 a shot tomorrow. Maybe I’ll download gears 5, as well. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Finished Miles Morales the other day. It’s fun and a fantastic tech demo (some parts look insanely good!), but it only had a handful of rollercoaster moments, and is only 6 hours long. I give it a 7. Astrobot is amazing, btw. It’s short, but it’s the kind of game you want to replay. The dual sense is the real deal, especially in this title. On the series X end, I’ve been enjoying the latest Ori (downsampled 6K). It’s gorgeous! I just set up the series X tonight, so I hope to give FH4 a shot tomorrow. Maybe I’ll download gears 5, as well. 

Astro's Playroom really deserves so much more attention. This is a killer game. My friends have just started getting into speed run time trails too now and evertime I put on my PS5 i get notifications when times are beaten. It's a superb little game.

Btw man, I still don't have you on PSN. Dm it to me if you want (if you don't want to post it publically). Not really into MP games much but I like to see ppl's trophies haha. 

Btw same goes for anyone else here with a PSN. I think I only have Ike and lynux. 

• Like 1

20 hours in Yakuza Like a Dragon. Easily my favorite game of the year, and easily the best Yakuza game since 0.

And its such a solid turn based RPG that I dont know if I ever want to go back to the old beat em up action-y combat.