The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Just now, -GD-X said:

How are godfall’s visual? 

It's pretty good but the scope of the game is very limited. Mostly 'hallways' and very limited open space to max out the visuals. Combat is pretty decent though, surprisingly so. I'd say it's your cliche launch game. Looks great, competent gameplay but will be forgotten quickly past launch. About a 6.5-7.0 game so far

@Twinblade bought Ghostrunner. :face: 

Pretty badass game so far. I keep dying but it's not frustrating, you come back so fast and the checkpoints are so frequent. Perfect. 

Also maxed out the game with my laptop at 1080p, looks fantastic, FPS hover in the 90 range.

Edited by Ramza
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

@Twinblade bought Ghostrunner. :face: 

Pretty badass game so far. I keep dying but it's not frustrating, you come back so fast and the checkpoints are so frequent. Perfect. 

Also maxed out the game with my laptop at 1080p, looks fantastic, FPS hover in the 90 range.

Nice. It runs well and looks great to boot. Its kind of jarring to think about it in this way but for a lot of people Ghostrunner will be the best Cyberpunk themed game this year :ben: 

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nice. It runs well and looks great to boot. Its kind of jarring to think about it in this way but for a lot of people Ghostrunner will be the best Cyberpunk themed game this year :ben: 

Dude, when you leave the game you don't restart at the last checkpoint but at the beginning of the level? So you need to finish the level you're in every time before leaving?

That's really fucking dumb.

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Dude, when you leave the game you don't restart at the last checkpoint but at the beginning of the level? So you need to finish the level you're in every time before leaving?

That's really fucking dumb.

:D yeah it’s pretty bad, I’m actually surprised they haven’t changed that by now. Some of the levels can be pretty long too, upwards of 30-45 minutes on the first run.

• dead 1
5 hours ago, Remij said:

Holy shit, the Gears 5 Hivebusters Lava Rush set piece is probably peak Gears ever.  That was such a fucking epic sequence damn :smoke: 

Word! But I wished the splashing lava looked better. It’s kind of jarring, considering how amazing the rest of the area is. I love how the expansion feels like gears 1 - all badass and no drama! 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Word! But I wished the splashing lava looked better. It’s kind of jarring, considering how amazing the rest of the area is. I love how the expansion feels like gears 1 - all badass and no drama! 

Yes, I absolutely agree.  The lava itself should have been better.  It was flat looking and plain compared to everything else.. like you said.  The lava could have used more splashing and better flowing animations definitely.  The particles, lighting, and all the other stuff though looked awesome.

Yea, I'm really quite pleased with the DLC.

Now that Rod Fergusson is gone, hopefully Gears 6 changes up the gameplay a bit more and has more awesome set pieces like this expansion does.  Definitely more of a Gears 1 vibe as you said.

• Like 1

Some pics.  I'm definitely going to be playing this again very soon, but this time with motion blur off.  The motion blur looks absolutely awesome in this game, but it fucks with taking pictures lol.

50739001021_153e06ddc7_o.jpg

50739000961_02c419d294_o.jpg

50739107477_7bbb0d3e71_o.jpg

50739000896_6fc302e3b5_o.jpg

50738264133_11a7b21092_o.jpg

50738291563_b2234a407e_o.jpg

50739135012_b88b895bc8_o.jpg

50739032566_59833bf81b_o.jpg

50738299548_7e151a2b8d_o.jpg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Remij said:

Yes, I absolutely agree.  The lava itself should have been better.  It was flat looking and plain compared to everything else.. like you said.  The lava could have used more splashing and better flowing animations definitely.  The particles, lighting, and all the other stuff though looked awesome.

Yea, I'm really quite pleased with the DLC.

Now that Rod Fergusson is gone, hopefully Gears 6 changes up the gameplay a bit more and has more awesome set pieces like this expansion does.  Definitely more of a Gears 1 vibe as you said.

Yeah bro, I’m actually looking forward to 6 now. This expansion is a tight and fun gears experience. All of the fat has been trimmed. And I like these new characters. They are dudebro af, even the chick, but it’s very gears 1. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Remij said:

Some pics.  I'm definitely going to be playing this again very soon, but this time with motion blur off.  The motion blur looks absolutely awesome in this game, but it fucks with taking pictures lol.

50739001021_153e06ddc7_o.jpg

50739000961_02c419d294_o.jpg

50739107477_7bbb0d3e71_o.jpg

50739000896_6fc302e3b5_o.jpg

50738264133_11a7b21092_o.jpg

50738291563_b2234a407e_o.jpg

50739135012_b88b895bc8_o.jpg

50739032566_59833bf81b_o.jpg

50738299548_7e151a2b8d_o.jpg

Bro, the art design for the environments is incredible! Like uncharted/tomb raider-tier! 

7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Bro, the art design for the environments is incredible! Like uncharted/tomb raider-tier! 

Yea.  Even the variety in this short DLC is far better than Gears has been in a while.  You have tropical jungle, a sandy beach, industrial complex, underground lava caves, and more.

I love that they're going more colorful with Gears instead of the always grey/brown looking stuff we had before.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea.  Even the variety in this short DLC is far better than Gears has been in a while.  You have tropical jungle, a sandy beach, industrial complex, underground lava caves, and more.

I love that they're going more colorful with Gears instead of the always grey/brown looking stuff we had before.

Same bro! This is a very nice surprise! 

• Like 1