The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

8 hours ago, JonbX said:

I have a shit ton of side missions available so good to hear they arent trash . It was annoying getting phone calls every 5 mins about cars tho lmao

yah it's annoying getting a bunch of calls already. can I just ignore them, put the phone on silent for now? Will the opportunities come back?

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Decided to jump back into xenoblade DE the other day. I bounced off this game a couple times...I remember being pretty hyped to get it on the wii but I maybe put in a couple hours and never touched it again, didn’t make a great impression. Picked it up again on Switch and got to about 25 hours in, was having a pretty good time but just fell off one day, something else took my attention. 

im glad I jumped back in because I seem to have stopped playing just before it really gains steam. I originally stopped towards the end of Makna forest which seems to be just before the game gets into its second act. I’m up to mechonis field and it’s been a pretty great ride. The combat is serviceable, pretty much an MMO lite and the combo system at least makes it so you’re putting some thought into your rotation, though it puts a bit too much responsibility on the AI to help execute them. the story does a good enough job keeping my attention, little too anime for my liking but I’ve really warmed up to some of the characters over the course of the game. I’ve been skipping most of the side stuff since I got back into it, I think it’s pretty weak overall.  

the world is definitely the highlight though. The scale is absolutely great, up there with BotW in terms of making you feel small. Varied locations that never overstay their welcome and make me constantly want to push forward to see what’s next. The idea of the world being on top of two giants frozen mid fight is pretty great...i just made my way inside of mechonis, digging the shift in tone from being on bionis. Feels like I’m on the home stretch but looking at the map there’s still quite a chunk of the mechonis i haven’t hit yet. 

the soundtrack is absolutely full of bangers too. 

pretty tempted to jump into xenoblade chronicles 2 after I’m done here. Anyone played it? I know it’s not as highly regarded as the first. 

• Like 1

Picked up Hitman 3. Not sure why I skipped the first 2, but this is pretty awesome. Lots of different items and weapons to play around with when it comes to how you choose to assassinate your targets. At the same time while the focus is on having that sandbox design, each mission has a bunch of focused 'mission stories' that are basically like side stories within the level that guide you towards confronting and eventually killing the targets. I finished the first main mission but its obvious that I skipped and missed so much stuff, so theres the potential for a lot of replayability too.

Just now, Ike said:

I'd have to do all 3 houses too :happysad:

i only did the 2 that mattered the most, so i could see the main endings. it's pretty wild how differently things play out, depending on one major choice. 

I finished Hitman 3. It was a lot of fun, but had some annoyances. The story didn't really resonate me and if anything was really confusing, possibly because I didn't play the first 2 games. The always online nature of it is cool (the way they combine your progress across all of the games and missions) but it also means that anytime there was a server or connection issue, it would immediately pause your game and try to reconnect which can be jarring.

Im going to replay some of the missions and see some of the other ways you can go about tracking and taking out your targets. Theres a lot of different items and interactions in general that I know I missed.

Passed the 100 hour mark in godpunk. I wanna say this, this game is amazing  I love everything about it. 

Some side missions are so good, exactly what you would expect from CD Project Red after godcher 3. 

I think my only complaint is the "natural pacing". Like sometimes I start playing and then I open the map and choose my own side mission/gig etc. 

It doesn't feel natural like in godcher 3 where you explore a place and naturally do every quest in the vicinity. But it's definitely a minor complaint.

Main story has been godlike so far. :lawd: 

nah. the formula feels like it's on rails. It doesn't really matter which dialogue choice you make, you can usually run through all of them if you want, and go to the obvious one that advances the rails.

mmm. Lotta weird unexplained fetch questing where the main line objectives just turn into haphazzard missions. the scooby dooby inspector gadget shit needs to stop too but ok whatever. I've also accepted that driving around is a formality and chore more than something to play with, so outside of sitting in chairs swiveling the camera and sucking in the tale//lore., I am a little worried what cyber punk is actually gonna offer me.

I am still helllla early, and once I doo-hink with the gameplay and abilities, I am hoping I can create some fun, but so far, the staple formula for me has been a lot of cool wraps but underwhelming safe experience.. 

19 hours ago, kazpunk said:

Passed the 100 hour mark in godpunk. I wanna say this, this game is amazing  I love everything about it. 

Some side missions are so good, exactly what you would expect from CD Project Red after godcher 3. 

I think my only complaint is the "natural pacing". Like sometimes I start playing and then I open the map and choose my own side mission/gig etc. 

It doesn't feel natural like in godcher 3 where you explore a place and naturally do every quest in the vicinity. But it's definitely a minor complaint.

Main story has been godlike so far. :lawd: 

Outside of the technical problems, the real issue with this game is the pacing and melding of gameplay elements. More often than not, it feels like very few people actually spent long periods of time playing the game. Now I KNOW this can't be the case and I'm sure they had more than enough play testers...I just dont think maybe they had enough time to implement that kind of input. The game is at it's best when the world completely opens up, but other open world games of this type usually does a better job of integrating side missions/bandit raids/random encounters and such more efficiently and organically. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Been playing SOMA for the first time due to all the praise it was getting here.

Really cool game, probably about 2/3 of the way through I think. 

the ending is amazing! 

• Like 1

Finally finished the main story in Cyberpunk. This game was good. A really cool sci fi game. Ima go back and do more but the main story i did enjoy a lot. The ending was annoying with the cube part. Dragged on toooo long but id give the game as a whole a solid 9. I have a lot left to do so after i play thru the medium im gonna go back into it for sure.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1