The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

7 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yeah, it was pretty bad, the game ran at like 26fps on 360 and the load times were pretty bad. Now I'm running it at 120fps on a laptop with nearly instant loading on a SSD. lol It makes for a significantly better experience, not to mention all the little improvements.

I don't know if I'll ever get through all three games but I definitely intend to finish ME1.

Still, there are two key things you should do, in case you change your mind. 3 was actually pretty great, despite the questionable endings. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Still, there are two key things you should do, in case you change your mind. 3 was actually pretty great, despite the questionable endings. 

What things? Or is it too spoilery?

12 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I had forgotten how great mass effect 1 is. 

ugh i wanna grab this so bad but i still need to beat returnal and Burning Crusade Classic is out soon which is gonna take most of my time. Figure by the time I get around to playing it there will be a solid discount.

ME1 is so good though, I think I beat that game 3 times within the first couple weeks of release.

• Like 1

Been playing through Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir. It picks up quite a bit starting at chapter 3 but can definitely be pretty slow in parts. There are many different dialogue options and parts of the environment to examine, but sometimes you actually have to trigger the same option twice in order to progress to the next part of the story. So theres lots of moments where I exhaust every option, make no progress, and then have to repeat every option again until I find the one that needed to be triggered twice to move the story forward. So that aspect of it feels dated and counter intuitive.

I had forgotten how short the first mass effect is. I beat it in 15 hours and did a bunch of side stuff. It’s a great example of how you can have an ownage rpg, without it being ridiculously long. Onto 2! 

I finished the first Famicom Detective Club game. The game was decent but actually ends very abruptly given the slow build up. I was expecting a huge info dump filled with twists but everything wrapped up in a pretty humble and hurried manner....also the main character having amnesia cheapens the direction of the story a bit. I know the original game was from the 80s but it still feels cliche. 

The visuals definitely are the one aspect of the game that stands out the most. I’m not sure what techniques they’re using but the subtle 3D looking animations of the character sprites are really sharp. It’s one of the best looking games of this type.

overall it’s a decent 7/10 VN but I admit I didn’t like it enough to want to rush out and play the 2nd game. Maybe sometime down the line when there’s a gaming drought.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i tried so hard to get into it. in the end, it felt too "b party"...

it looks great on your pc, though. 

Yea, I totally get it.

It's fun at times.. but there's a lot of lame aspects to the game as well.  The missions are fucking boring most of the time.. and they constantly have you going from one end of the map to the other lmfao...

It's pretty insane on PC though.  It's kinda funny.. the PC version has some improvements over the PS version but mostly just due to the Global Illumination they added in, which can make a pretty big difference at times, but not much at other times.  Also, some of the textures are higher res for sure... but it's pretty crazy how good this game runs.  For an UE4 games, which typically have issues with streaming in open world games... this game is smooth as silk.  I'm over 100fps most of the time on my monitor.  The textures and details can be really incredible at times too.

A game like TLOU2 obviously looks better in cutscenes... the character models and lighting is on a different level, but if I'm honest, during normal gameplay... this game looks better to me.

It loads super fast too.  About 5 seconds on average.  It's a really well done port.. and the native ultrawide support just makes it better.

Just now, Remij said:

Yea, I totally get it.

It's fun at times.. but there's a lot of lame aspects to the game as well.  The missions are fucking boring most of the time.. and they constantly have you going from one end of the map to the other lmfao...

It's pretty insane on PC though.  It's kinda funny.. the PC version has some improvements over the PS version but mostly just due to the Global Illumination they added in, which can make a pretty big difference at times, but not much at other times.  Also, some of the textures are higher res for sure... but it's pretty crazy how good this game runs.  For an UE4 games, which typically have issues with streaming in open world games... this game is smooth as silk.  I'm over 100fps most of the time on my monitor.  The textures and details can be really incredible at times too.

A game like TLOU2 obviously looks better in cutscenes... the character models and lighting is on a different level, but if I'm honest, during normal gameplay... this game looks better to me.

It loads super fast too.  About 5 seconds on average.  It's a really well done port.. and the native ultrawide support just makes it better.

maybe the pc version looks better. i thought TLOU 2 looked night/day better, in gameplay too, than days gone. on a side note, i think the TLOU 2 update for ps5 was half-assed.  the motion blur is all fucked up. it doesn't have that cinematic feel it had on the ps4 pro. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

maybe the pc version looks better. i thought TLOU 2 looked night/day better, in gameplay too, than days gone. on a side note, i think the TLOU 2 update for ps5 was half-assed.  the motion blur is all fucked up. it doesn't have that cinematic feel it had on the ps4 pro. 

I dunno, it's been a while since I've played TLOU2.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like the indoor environments in TLOU2 lack the detail that Days Gone has.  I did only play the game on PS4 OG though..  But it was the recent DF video on TLOU2's PS5 update, which made me realize it.

Not to mention Days Gone has a fully dynamic day and night cycle, and TLOU2 is completely static.

But the cutscenes... on another level completely.  THAT I can safely say lol.

Just now, Remij said:

I dunno, it's been a while since I've played TLOU2.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like the indoor environments in TLOU2 lack the detail that Days Gone has.  I did only play the game on PS4 OG though..  But it was the recent DF video on TLOU2's PS5 update, which made me realize it.

Not to mention Days Gone has a fully dynamic day and night cycle, and TLOU2 is completely static.

But the cutscenes... on another level completely.  THAT I can safely say lol.

nah, the indoor areas look significantly better in TLOU 2. way better surface materials, lighting, character models (minus abby) and animations. but, i'm just talking about the ps4 pro version of these games. days gone looks significantly overhauled for the pc. 

9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

nah, the indoor areas look significantly better in TLOU 2. way better surface materials, lighting, character models (minus abby) and animations. but, i'm just talking about the ps4 pro version of these games. days gone looks significantly overhauled for the pc. 

I guess I'll have to compare them myself when TLOU2 comes to PC :troll:

• Haha 1