The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The other realistic shooter I need to check out is Squad. People take that game so seriously from what I heard, if you don't have a mic and aren't communicating with your team you can even get kicked from some servers apparently.

well, that's my other concern.

I want all of my time investment to be without me having to connect with other people and communicate with them.

So like, I don't want to be in a Rainbow Six game where the other 4 people are complete pros communicating with each other, and I look like the dead weight on the team.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Playing  my heavily modded Skyrim  on PC and Ratchet and Clank on PS5.

I'm also lightly playing Elite Dangerous Odyssey on my PC but the game is currently too buggy to play seriously at the moment because Frontier are greedy idiots and released a mostly broken game.

Strive.

I dunno why I bought the game, I didn't like the beta. This is easily the most scrub friendly fighting game I've ever played. The netcode carries this game hard, if it wasn't for the netcode I would have dropped this game quick. 

On 2021-06-18 at 8:24 PM, Twinblade said:

Started Mario + Rabbids, currently on world 1-6. Its a solid strategy game, starts off very simple but they're slowly introducing a lot of interesting mechanics

Yeah, it will continue to progress. The level design is awesome! 

Just now, Twinblade said:

@-GD-Xwhats up with the extra health mechanic. It seems to offer it almost every battle, and I’m not sure why. It doesn’t seem to affect your battle rating so I just take it every time :ben:

it's for younger players. i turned it down. 

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

it's for younger players. i turned it down. 

Don't judge me but I can't resist using it :feelsbadman:The game is still challenging with it on, I've definitely had some encounters where I know I would have lost without it. I hope they just have more traditional difficulties like easy/normal/hard in the sequel.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Don't judge me but I can't resist using it :feelsbadman:The game is still challenging with it on, I've definitely had some encounters where I know I would have lost without it. I hope they just have more traditional difficulties like easy/normal/hard in the sequel.

Yeah, I agree. This is one of the few times where I’d be down for a hard mode. I just loved the gameplay and its charm. Winning combo! 

On 2021-06-21 at 9:21 AM, Sabo said:

Strive.

I dunno why I bought the game, I didn't like the beta. This is easily the most scrub friendly fighting game I've ever played. The netcode carries this game hard, if it wasn't for the netcode I would have dropped this game quick. 

Me and Jonb finally got to play a match together and the netcode is pretty solid indeed.

4 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Ender Lilies in 4K :lawd:

Youve got to give me impressions on that game and Necromunda Hired Gun, bro. I'm interested in both but I'm not entirely sold on either just yet.

• Ben 1
4 hours ago, Ramza said:

Youve got to give me impressions on that game and Necromunda Hired Gun, bro. I'm interested in both but I'm not entirely sold on either just yet.

Ender Lillies is fantastic,  i'm playing it in 4K on a 58" and it is gorgeous; a truly wondrous art style here, the combat is satisfying, the OST immediately places you in the world, and well worth the $31 CAD price tag.

Necromunda is - depending on the moment; a high-7 to a low-4 in terms of a score.

The chief issue is that there is nearly always something happening unintentionally, or glitchES out during gameplay. Takedowns frequently look janky as fuck, because there is a harsh transition into the quick actions that happen in the animation.

The audio is the chief culprit, from super low dialogue, to straight up missing noises. This is an issue where you should be immersed into the world of a 40K HiveCity: It's a massive city, where production plants are the size of our cities, and equipment that appears to be operated & created by some form of Titan.

Instead, the audio is barren during machinery moving, or an elevator, cutscenes will have background noise missing. So, while it's not always happening at every moment, it has cropped up for sections during missions, and it pulls you out of the otherwise, immersive moment.

One glaring moment in my campaign was that I was fighting a mech in a sandpit on a transport train, the size of multiple super-tankers (an otherwise very cool level) but the audio of it drilling down and hiding in the sand, and re-appearing was gone; so I was completely reliant upon looking for the burrow animation around the map.

The UI is just retarded, things have no rhyme or reason, as to why they are done in the way they have been set up. Moving items, keeping items, buying items is poorly explained and in some cases non-existent.

The gunplay is very tight - plasma weapons although having a blinding effect for the user, so welp; and been the reason I was able to get as far as I have; weapons have punch, but can be heavily modified to change their entire purpose in your arsenal, e.g.: You can change your double-barrel sawn off from a devastating close range delete device, to a twinned-rifle for high risk/high-reward damage slug shooter.

Enemies spawn into the map at what I've concluded are set points, but sometimes (once again) lack the audio

The silver-lining here is that most of the issues can be fixed: Audio can be updated, and corrected; spawns can be fixed, and the UI can be rework, but for now, it's a hard pass.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

starting returnal tonight :mjcry: 

Have fun dude. The gameplay is so good and I suggest playing with headphones. The sound design is one of the best ever. :wow2:

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Have fun dude. The gameplay is so good and I suggest playing with headphones. The sound design is one of the best ever. :wow2:

for sure man! i don't know what to expect, so i'm legit nervous about this game :D i never feel that way about games. 

2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Ender Lillies is fantastic,  i'm playing it in 4K on a 58" and it is gorgeous; a truly wondrous art style here, the combat is satisfying, the OST immediately places you in the world, and well worth the $31 CAD price tag.

Necromunda is - depending on the moment; a high-7 to a low-4 in terms of a score.

The chief issue is that there is nearly always something happening unintentionally, or glitchES out during gameplay. Takedowns frequently look janky as fuck, because there is a harsh transition into the quick actions that happen in the animation.

The audio is the chief culprit, from super low dialogue, to straight up missing noises. This is an issue where you should be immersed into the world of a 40K HiveCity: It's a massive city, where production plants are the size of our cities, and equipment that appears to be operated & created by some form of Titan.

Instead, the audio is barren during machinery moving, or an elevator, cutscenes will have background noise missing. So, while it's not always happening at every moment, it has cropped up for sections during missions, and it pulls you out the, otherwise immersive moment.

One glaring moment in my campaign was that I was fighting a mech in a sandpit on a transport train the size of multiple super-tankers (an otherwise very cool level) but the audio of it drilling and hiding in the side, and re-appearing was gone; so I was completely reliant and looking for the burrow animation around the map.

The UI is just retarded, things have no rhyme or reason as to why they are done in the way they have been set up. Moving items, keeping items, buying items is poorly explained and in some cases non-existent.

The gunplay is very tight - plasma weapons although having a blinding effect for the user, so welp; and been the reason I was able to get as far as I have; weapons have punch, but can be heavily modified to change their entire purpose in your arsenal, e.g.: You can change your double-barrel sawn off from a devastating close range delete device, to a twinned-rifle for high risk/high-reward damage slug shooter.

Enemies spawn into the map at what I've concluded are set points, but sometimes (once again) lack the audio

The silver-lining here is that most of the issues can be fixed: Audio can be updated, and corrected; spawns can be fixed, and the UI can be rework, but for now, it's a hard pass.

Thanks, man. Necromunda sure is sounding rough, hard pass for me unless it gets patched and improved a lot over time. That's too bad because the trailers made it look like a kick ass FPS. 

Ender Lillies looks like a Vanillaware made game. Sounds good, will buy but I will wait for a sale, it's the kind of game that won't stay full price for too long, I think.