The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

9 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I’m enjoying FF7’s campaign. Can I skip the side jobs/quests? 

The side quests are pretty brief and some flesh out the backstory for the characters. I don't recommend skipping them.

edit: If you do want to skip them then you can just watch the extra cutscenes on youtube once you're done with the game (spoilers ofc)

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

@-GD-X I got that LEGO Builders Journey game and I've been playing it in small chunks.  I remember that you were interested in it (it's also on Switch) It's a very nice calm and relaxing game, but it does have some issues that I wasn't really expecting.  I dunno, maybe it's just me... but the controls are just really unintuitive. 

In my mind, I expected the controls to be like:

Move the cursor freely with the analog stick, put it over the block you want to pick up and press and hold button to pick it up, move it with the analog stick, turn it with the L+R buttons or triggers and then release the button again to plop it down... but noooo.  With a controller using the analog stick or the dpad just cycles through the available blocks (feels strange), you press a button to pick up a block, and press the same button again to cycle through the rotation options... then press and hold the same button to drop it.  It all uses a single button.

It's weird feeling to me.  Maybe you wont have any issue with it.. but for me it doesn't feel good.  I keep pressing the button and holding it to pick up the pieces, and then it picks it up and automatically releases it again.. lol

Again, maybe this is just me.. I haven't read ANY reviews or anything to see if other people feel anything similar.. but yea.  I'd maybe wait for a sale or something.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Remij said:

@-GD-X I got that LEGO Builders Journey game and I've been playing it in small chunks.  I remember that you were interested in it (it's also on Switch) It's a very nice calm and relaxing game, but it does have some issues that I wasn't really expecting.  I dunno, maybe it's just me... but the controls are just really unintuitive. 

In my mind, I expected the controls to be like:

Move the cursor freely with the analog stick, put it over the block you want to pick up and press and hold button to pick it up, move it with the analog stick, turn it with the L+R buttons or triggers and then release the button again to plop it down... but noooo.  With a controller using the analog stick or the dpad just cycles through the available blocks (feels strange), you press a button to pick up a block, and press the same button again to cycle through the rotation options... then press and hold the same button to drop it.  It all uses a single button.

It's weird feeling to me.  Maybe you wont have any issue with it.. but for me it doesn't feel good.  I keep pressing the button and holding it to pick up the pieces, and then it picks it up and automatically releases it again.. lol

Again, maybe this is just me.. I haven't read ANY reviews or anything to see if other people feel anything similar.. but yea.  I'd maybe wait for a sale or something.

Thanks man. Yeah, I have played a lot of these puzzle games. Frustrating controls kill the experience. Thanks for the heads up! 

• Like 1

On chapter 9, I’m digging Aerith. She’s bae af (though, tifa is wifey) Also, why is cloud so fucking gay? He grunts like he’s in pain every time a chick flirts with him lol. 

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

On chapter 9, I’m digging Aerith. She’s bae af (though, tifa is wifey) Also, why is cloud so fucking gay? He grunts like he’s in pain every time a chick flirts with him lol. 

Neither of them compares to Jessie :aitch: 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Chapter 9 probably the highlight of the game IMO. Apart from one of the bosses. He sucks. Lol. That is one section I’d do all the sides and exploring in. 

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Chapter 9 probably the highlight of the game IMO. Apart from one of the bosses. He sucks. Lol. That is one section I’d do all the sides and exploring in. 

Chapter 9 is awesome! I love the area I just arrived at. 

I downloaded Prodeus on PC with Game Pass just to try it out before potentially buying it... and holy shit is that game sick as fuck.

The visuals and presentation are just awesome and slick!  The game itself is really fucking good too.  The level design hits that DOOM/HEXEN spot perfectly.  The guns sound so fucking awesome, and the violence and gore is just insane.  The music is also badass :duke:

I love it.  Definitely picking it up.

Edited by Remij
21 hours ago, Ike said:

Ha! That boss did suck, but holy fuck, this is so wonderfully outrageous! :D 

Spoiler

The dance number and cloud in drag :D 

• aitch 1
29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Shit really hits the fan in that one. one of my favorite chapters in the game.

Yeah it’s badass! I like how the game will have a slower chapter, then a faster one….and repeat. I haven’t been bored with any of it. 

Im very close to finishing the chick's campaign in Scarlet Nexus after 24 hours. The thought of going through a similar campaign as a the guy has definitely gotten a bit less appealing. The pacing has just really slowed down in these last few hours (the 'dungeons' have become overly long) and the story has gone off the deep end in a few ways. So far its probably a 7.5 game overall for me.