The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

31 minutes ago, Ike said:

Few questions for A Plague’s Tale: 

Is it super challenging? Nope
Is there a difficulty setting? I don't remember but there should be
How long until completion? Took me around 10-12 hours. Its well paced and theres virtually no filler, so the short length wasn't an issue for me
Any side content  Nope
and how is it? Great :smoke: 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I disagree about the pacing. The 2nd part of the dlc was just one long & monotonous dungeon that felt like it dragged on more than any dungeon in the base game. at least imo.

I really think this is up for debate. What I noticed is that FFVII dungeons went on and on because they were padded with a lot of puzzles/squeezing through blocked paths, slow walking chit chatter, stuff like the shinra tower constantly shifting back and forth between teams to open up pathways for each other, where as Intergrade's 2nd half is 1 mid sized dungeon that's more straightforward but more mid-boss encounters and the only puzzle i even remembered was the one where you have to climb the ladders to open up pathway to the upper floor. I vastly prefer this method as my time spent on the game is on the combat which is what i enjoyed most about the game.

40 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Dark Alliance has got to be the shitest game that I have played the most of (about 10h in). Solely because my friend and I need a coop game. The Ascent can't drop quickly enough.

Yakuza still owning. 

Play It Takes Two dude holy Christ :danylol:

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Few questions for A Plague’s Tale: Is it super challenging? Is there a difficulty setting? How long until completion? Any side content  and how is it? 

It’s 11-15hours long, depending on how much of a completionist you are. There’s no difficulty setting, but it feels just right, and I have 0 patience for dying. It’s truly magnificent and I can’t recommend it enough. I’m playing it right now (hit pause to grab water). 

9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

It’s 11-15hours long, depending on how much of a completionist you are. There’s no difficulty setting, but it feels just right, and I have 0 patience for dying. It’s truly magnificent and I can’t recommend it enough. I’m playing it right now (hit pause to grab water). 

Are you replaying it for the next gen upgrades or is this your first time?

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Are you replaying it for the next gen upgrades or is this your first time?

First time. I’m 5 hours in. I’m in love with it! I love the dual sense support too! 

20 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

About the dual sense in A Plague Tale (not really a spoiler, but wherever) 

Reveal hidden contents

Walking over countless corpses feels so damn satisfying 

I remember that part being pretty immersive even without the dual sense. I imagine the PS5 version is definitely the best way to play the game now.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I remember that part being pretty immersive even without the dual sense. I imagine the PS5 version is definitely the best way to play the game now.

It definitely is! 

Just started Scarlet Nexus. 

Feels like I’m trailing behind every game twinblade is playing :ben: 

I started with the dude although I read the girl has the better story. Is it that much of a deal breaker? It said he’s more focused on melee combat which sounds more fun to me and that’s why I picked him

1 hour ago, Delita said:

Just started Scarlet Nexus. 

Feels like I’m trailing behind every game twinblade is playing :ben: 

I started with the dude although I read the girl has the better story. Is it that much of a deal breaker? It said he’s more focused on melee combat which sounds more fun to me and that’s why I picked him

Yeah the general consensus seems to be that the guy's combat style is slightly better but the girl's storyline is better. But tbh its probably not much of a difference. Their paths converge during most of the big story moments, so you shouldn't be missing out on too much. And of course depending on how much you like the game you can play the girl's campaign afterwards to get her perspective.

• Like 1

so, i googled to see how far i am in a plague tale. i'm at the halfway mark. i'm thinking this campaign will be 15 hours long (unless it's shorter, and i've just been taking my sweet ass time lol). anyhow, so far, it feels like a flawless gem. it has the heart of an indie game with AAA production values. i really dig the variety in how you can get past enemies and other obstacles. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

so, i googled to see how far i am in a plague tale. i'm at the halfway mark. i'm thinking this campaign will be 15 hours long (unless it's shorter, and i've just been taking my sweet ass time lol). anyhow, so far, it feels like a flawless gem. it has the heart of an indie game with AAA production values. i really dig the variety in how you can get past enemies and other obstacles. 

Now you know why I was being an annoying fuck and constantly trying to get people to play it :smoke: 

• aitch 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Now you know why I was being an annoying fuck and constantly trying to get people to play it :smoke: 

yeah, bro! you were spot on with this! i can't wait to go home and play some more! 

Scarlet Nexus is surprisingly pretty damn solid. Namco's previous new ip franchises i felt always suffered from a lack of identity. God Eater being an average Monster Hunter clone and Code Vein being an average Souls clone. I think this one nails the right aspects in terms of gameplay and being relatively fresh and unique enough to let it stand out on it's own.

Looking forward to playing a lot more. Hopefully I can get it done before TWEWY Neo comes out so I can beat Twinblade this time. :smoke:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Delita said:

Scarlet Nexus is surprisingly pretty damn solid. Namco's previous new ip franchises i felt always suffered from a lack of identity. God Eater being an average Monster Hunter clone and Code Vein being an average Souls clone. I think this one nails the right aspects in terms of gameplay and being relatively fresh and unique enough to let it stand out on it's own.

Looking forward to playing a lot more. Hopefully I can get it done before TWEWY Neo comes out so I can beat Twinblade this time. :smoke:

I still don’t know what platform to get Neo on :mjcry:

42 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I still don’t know what platform to get Neo on :mjcry:

I can't play games like these on the switch. Too fast paced with tiny controllers and my hands cramp. And if i'm going to play it docked with a better controller at that point i might as well get the PS4 version on PS5. Seems like a no brainer at least for me.

• Upvote 1