The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

On 2021-08-01 at 8:47 PM, madmaltese said:

End of Chapter 12 of Yakuza Like A Dragon now. Hit a bit of a wall with the boss fight in this chapter but finally beat it. Game continues to be awesome. 

The Ascent: One of the buggiest games I have ever played in my life. First session was with a couple of friends and in the 2 or so hours we played we basically had to restart 5+ times. Plus constant bugs while playing like HUD no showing up, certain ppl not being able to pick up items, etc. Same thing happened with our second session and then yesterday we couldn't even join each other. Absolute mess of a game. 

Also finally picked up Crash 4 and started that. It's so damn good. Level design is terrific and it's very challenging. 

I didnt have many difficulty issues in LAD but i did run the sewers and went after the vagabonds and at the towers i ran through the last 5 levels quite a few times as it was real quick and easy to level up. Only one boss i found difficult and if i didnt beat him i probably would have rage quitted. I was like on my feet with him :D

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JonbX said:

I didnt have many difficulty issues in LAD but i did run the sewers and went after the vagabonds and at the towers i ran through the last 5 levels quite a few times as it was real quick and easy to level up. Only one boss i found difficult and if i didnt beat him i probably would have rage quitted. I was like on my feet with him :D

I just finished it last night. Superb game and very keen for Yakuza to continue this gameplay style with this cast of characters. Loved it. 

That Chapter 12 boss was the only difficulty I had and I just did the Arena fully once then ran the last 10 stages a couple times and leveled up super fast so I didn't really find it an issue either. Overall probably give it a 9.0

40K Battlesector for my turn-based strategy fix:

Lovely detail, rewarding gameplay, and upgrading your Heroes and units makes for unique gameplay styles: Fast, and close, heavy bombardment from range; or slow, punishing mechs; or a mixture of the above.

Hell Let Loose: Wonderful team based shooter that gives off Battlefield 1942 vibes, with the Realism mod. Hardly a HUD, no crosshairs, any body shot within 200m is a kill (can be revived) headshots are fatal, and extremely satisfying  :aitch: to hear that ping!

The fluid gameplay stems from the randomized control points, and mobile spawn points that are constructed with resources, and therefor require not only team work, but Squad coordination with the Commander.  Vehicles are limited to Tanks (Light, Medium, Heavy) along with Recon vehicles and transport/supply trucks; and for the most part they require a team inside them to work effectively (less so with a recon vehicle, but certainly with any available tank) so no air vehicles. 

With the Eastern Front added in update 1.0 we get Kursk and Stalingrad added as maps along with the Russian's as a faction; and while they don't get a bombing run for the Commander to use, they have Katyusha Rocket Barrage, which is one of the best moments in recent multiplayer gaming memory. The tell-tale sound of them launching, the noise they make as they descend, and the visual fx in-game are awesome to behold.

The Ascent - pure eye candy, visceral combat, and a satisfying cyberpunk aesthetic to it; it runs not so well with RTX, but I've got it in 4K with DLSS and it's sublime, and the videos you've seen on Youtube, or whatever does not do this game justice. Does need some issues with technical issues resolved, and their 12 person development team shows when it comes to a polished product; tough when you're that small.

Note: If you get this on gamepass, it does not have DLSS, nor RTX; furthermore you can only coop with other Windows live users :reg: 

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Upvote 1
On 2021-08-06 at 10:45 AM, Teh_Diplomat said:

Lovely detail, rewarding gameplay, and upgrading your Heroes and units makes for unique gameplay styles: Fast, and close, heavy bombardment from range; or slow, punishing mechs; or a mixture of the above.

Hell Let Loose: Wonderful team based shooter that gives off Battlefield 1942 vibes, with the Realism mod. Hardly a HUD, no crosshairs, any body shot within 200m is a kill (can be revived) headshots are fatal, and extremely satisfying  :aitch: to hear that ping!

The fluid gameplay stems from the randomized control points, and mobile spawn points that are constructed with resources, and therefor require not only team work, but Squad coordination with the Commander.  Vehicles are limited to Tanks (Light, Medium, Heavy) along with Recon vehicles and transport/supply trucks; and for the most part they require a team inside them to work effectively (less so with a recon vehicle, but certainly with any available tank) so no air vehicles. 

With the Eastern Front added in update 1.0 we get Kursk and Stalingrad added as maps along with the Russian's as a faction; and while they don't get a bombing run for the Commander to use, they have Katyusha Rocket Barrage, which is one of the best moments in recent multiplayer gaming memory. The tell-tale sound of them launching, the noise they make as they descend, and the visual fx in-game are awesome to behold.

The Ascent - pure eye candy, visceral combat, and a satisfying cyberpunk aesthetic to it; it runs not so well with RTX, but I've got it in 4K with DLSS and it's sublime, and the videos you've seen on Youtube, or whatever does not do this game justice. Does need some issues with technical issues resolved, and their 12 person development team shows when it comes to a polished product; tough when you're that small.

Note: If you get this on gamepass, it does not have DLSS, nor RTX; furthermore you can only coop with other Windows live users :reg: 

Hell Let Loose is so tough to get into. My entire experience with the game so far revolves around me repeatedly dying in one shot to people I can’t see while trying to cross one of the game’s many cover-less fields.

On 2021-08-06 at 10:45 AM, Teh_Diplomat said:

GP version of Ascent is barely playable. IDK how it compares on steam but the performance is garbage enough for me to wait for a patch. The first patch did nothing that i could tell.

10 minutes ago, JonbX said:

GP version of Ascent is barely playable. IDK how it compares on steam but the performance is garbage enough for me to wait for a patch. The first patch did nothing that i could tell.

Yea the GP version is trash on PC.  They had said they released a patch, and the version number had changed... but they didn't actually release the patch.  The developer confirmed it in a forum post, or a twitter post.. I can't remember.

He said they were waiting on certification from MS.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea the GP version is trash on PC.  They had said they released a patch, and the version number had changed... but they didn't actually release the patch.  The developer confirmed it in a forum post, or a twitter post.. I can't remember.

He said they were waiting on certification from MS.

I DLd a 12 gb patch and it did nothing

@-GD-X

Remind me...if I'm on the last stretch of a palace, but have say 10 days to complete it, is there any reason to finish early? I seem to remember once you beat the palace you get pushed to the deadline date, essentially losing that time? Or am I tripping?

36 minutes ago, Casual said:

@-GD-X

Remind me...if I'm on the last stretch of a palace, but have say 10 days to complete it, is there any reason to finish early? I seem to remember once you beat the palace you get pushed to the deadline date, essentially losing that time? Or am I tripping?

Yeah, you can finish before deadline dates. I would always beat them ASAP. 

don’t forget! 
https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/persona-5-royal-true-ending-how-to-get-the-best-ending

• Like 1
2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Had another attempt to play Ascent coop last night after a week away. 

Still completely and totally broken. Couldn't even all join the game. Don't even know how it was allowed to release in this state. 

On PC Gamepass?

Yea, it's fucked.  They have a patch that's awaiting cert from MS apparently... but the GP version still doesn't even REALLY switch between renderers, nor does it have DLSS.

It's broke as fuck.

Yakuza LAD :aitch:

Theres some thing about starting a new Yakuza. Gives me feeling of starting a quality HBO drama series 

Just reached chapter 3 and I’m hooked

Edited by Delita
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2021-08-10 at 1:06 PM, Remij said:

On PC Gamepass?

Yea, it's fucked.  They have a patch that's awaiting cert from MS apparently... but the GP version still doesn't even REALLY switch between renderers, nor does it have DLSS.

It's broke as fuck.

Nah I'm playing on XSX but a friend is on PC GP. And another friend on XSX also. Connection issues all round. It's not just the PC version either, in the end my PC friend and I could play and my other friend with XSX couldnt join. The time we tried prior it was the PC guy that couldnt. Game is a mess

I bought Chernobylite last night and am about 3 hours into it. Game is really cool. It feels like a smaller scale STALKER but with base building and party management. Theres a whole Wasteland/Fallout vibe to how you can make choices that will affect how the characters view you and as a result can change their actions in the game. Theres some jankiness but for a $30 indie game it does have some pretty ambitious ideas and im already enjoying the gameplay loop.

• Upvote 1

- Curse of the Dead Gods: Loving it, highly recommended for Hades fans. Shame that Hades hits consoles tomorrow cause I will prob revisit that again and put this on hold.

- Minecraft Dungeons - Current coop game we've fallen on this Ascent doesn't work.

- Crash IV - Shame this game didn't get the credit it deserves. Seriously up there with DKC: Tropic Freeze for great modern platformers

17 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

- Curse of the Dead Gods: Loving it, highly recommended for Hades fans. Shame that Hades hits consoles tomorrow cause I will prob revisit that again and put this on hold.

I didn't get too far in it, beat like the first 4-5 dungeon runs. I can vouch for it, the gameplay is very solid but it lacks the charm of Hades.

• Like 1