The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

On 2021-08-29 at 10:36 AM, Delita said:

@Twinblade

How high should i be leveled to fight Majima in Yakuza LAD? The dude is 48 I'm only 34. I can get him down till when he spawns his clones then everything just goes to hell quick

Yeah that was where I hit my roadblock. You are severely under leveled for that fight. Need to mid low to mid 40s.

Good thing is that you can level up very fast at the Arena you would've just gained access too. Do all 30 levels, they just replay 20-30 a couple times and you'll be good. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

I did it... I beat P5R.

Holy shit, this game just drags on and on and on... I was having serious problems finding the motivation to finish the game. I had to really force myself to power through the last 30 hours or so because I knew if I stopped and took a break from the game then I would never touch the game again.

I will never touch another Persona ever again. This series is not for me.

22 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I did it... I beat P5R.

Holy shit, this game just drags on and on and on... I was having serious problems finding the motivation to finish the game. I had to really force myself to power through the last 30 hours or so because I knew if I stopped and took a break from the game then I would never touch the game again.

I will never touch another Persona ever again. This series is not for me.

Did you get the true ending? 

Its good to know that im not alone when it comes to those thoughts on P5 :ben: I think Strikers is a great representation of that universe with a structure and gameplay loop that is far easier to get through. Im hoping the main series takes more cues from that game.

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its good to know that im not alone when it comes to those thoughts on P5 :ben: I think Strikers is a great representation of that universe with a structure and gameplay loop that is far easier to get through. Im hoping the main series takes more cues from that game.

The length of strikers is amazing, and I love how you can leave the charge up hp/sp and not lose in game days. By making p5r easier (easy setting), you can just let your characters die (when HP/SP run out) and your hp/sp fully recharges. I exploited that and skipped every mementos fight (minus the essential ones). So, I was able to Beat P5r, along with its extra 20 hours, in only 85. But yeah, 40-50 hours is ideal for a persona game. 

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Did you get the true ending? 

Spoiler

The team beat the Guidance Counciler dude and returned the world back to reality. Joker was in juvie but eventually got released. School year ended and everyone on the team were splitting off to go start the next chapter of their lives. Joker returned home with the cat.

The End

Dunno if that's the true ending but it's the one I got. Honestly, it left me with an "Ehh" feeling. Somehow the lackluster ending is fitting though because that's pretty much how my entire experience with the game felt- lackluster.

I know people peg this as the best JRPG in recent years but for me I'm going with DQ 11. It's not even a contest for me either, DQ 11 is SOOO much better than P5 IMO.

5 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Reveal hidden contents

The team beat the Guidance Counciler dude and returned the world back to reality. Joker was in juvie but eventually got released. School year ended and everyone on the team were splitting off to go start the next chapter of their lives. Joker returned home with the cat.

The End

Dunno if that's the true ending but it's the one I got. Honestly, it left me with an "Ehh" feeling. Somehow the lackluster ending is fitting though because that's pretty much how my entire experience with the game felt- lackluster.

I know people peg this as the best JRPG in recent years but for me I'm going with DQ 11. It's not even a contest for me either, DQ 11 is SOOO much better than P5 IMO.

Anything in particular with 

Spoiler

Akechi and kasumi?

Funny enough, I got bored of DQ 11. To each is own brotha 

14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Anything in particular with 

Hide contents

Akechi and kasumi?

Funny enough, I got bored of DQ 11. To each is own brotha 

Spoiler

Akechi's dead but I think they tried to tease he was still alive in the post credit scene. Kasumi just said a simple "Take care" before Joker boarded the train. I found that odd considering how much the game was pushing her during the main story. I mean, she got several animated scenes and moments but yet only says two words during the ending?  

You like VN games as well though, I'm not really a fan of the genre. P5 is seriously like 70% VN and 30% JRPG. Not surprising I prefer DQ 11 far more, its 100% JRPG.

Edited by Sabo
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sabo said:
  Hide contents

Akechi's dead but I think they tried to tease he was still alive in the post credit scene. Kasumi just said a simple "Take care" before Joker boarded the train. I found that odd considering how much the game was pushing her during the main story. I mean, she got several animated scenes and moments but yet only says two words during the ending?  

You like VN games as well though, I'm not really a fan of the genre. P5 is seriously like 70% VN and 30% JRPG. Not surprising I prefer DQ 11 far more, its 100% JRPG.

Very true. As I get older, I tend to like more cinematic experiences. I barely even play shooters anymore. 

• Upvote 1

Man you guys werent kidding. The arena made all the difference in Yakuza Like a Dragon. I managed to level up to 50 and even leveled up a few other jobs in the process.

That part was kinda annoying but overall, fantastic game. I hope the series remains turn based going forward because i'm finding the gameplay more fun and addicting than old yakuza.

59 minutes ago, Delita said:

Man you guys werent kidding. The arena made all the difference in Yakuza Like a Dragon. I managed to level up to 50 and even leveled up a few other jobs in the process.

That part was kinda annoying but overall, fantastic game. I hope the series remains turn based going forward because i'm finding the gameplay more fun and addicting than old yakuza.

That arena championship is borderline mandatory before that boss fight. Even then it was still pretty hard. Still a really cool boss fight as long time fan of the series, really nice homage to cool characters. It would be lame if the fights were too easy.

Main entry of Yakuza games will remain turn based from now on apparently. You heard that right, main entry. The beat em up ones like Lost Judgment will be spin offs. :D 

At least that's what they said after the release of LAD.

I don't mind the turn based combat but they need to get rid of the padding. If I need to grind for hours to be able to beat a boss, then something is wrong. You never had to go to those lengths in the regular games, and its not like they need to make up for a short story or a lack of content. The game is already long, there's no need to tack those extra hours onto it.

edit: They could also trim some of the dungeons. The underground ones in particular felt like they outstayed their welcome.

29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I don't mind the turn based combat but they need to get rid of the padding. If I need to grind for hours to be able to beat a boss, then something is wrong. You never had to go to those lengths in the regular games, and its not like they need to make up for a short story or a lack of content. The game is already long, there's no need to tack those extra hours onto it.

edit: They could also trim some of the dungeons. The underground ones in particular felt like they outstayed their welcome.

True. I think every Yakuza game is overbloated in one way or another though. Especially if you aim to do most side content, they're all long and somewhat grindy.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I'm hoping this was a one time thing and they learn not to do this in the sequels. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that their aim was to make a Yakuza that resembles early Dragon Quest games and jrpgs in general. One of those cliches is obviously the grinding which modern rpgs don't really force the player any more

This sudden difficulty increase gave me SNES-PS1 rpg vibes

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

How is sackboy? 

A lot better than I expected and everything I always wanted LBP to be. None of the creation elements and just a classical level after level 3d platformer with actual professionally made levels. Has a lot of charm and looks superb but so far it is a bit on the easy side. It's the one I play when I want to just chill. Crash IV is a lot harder and Psychonauts 2 is surprisingly story heavy so they are for different moods. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

A lot better than I expected and everything I always wanted LBP to be. None of the creation elements and just a classical level after level 3d platformer with actual professionally made levels. Has a lot of charm and looks superb but so far it is a bit on the easy side. It's the one I play when I want to just chill. Crash IV is a lot harder and Psychonauts 2 is surprisingly story heavy so they are for different moods. 

Crash is too trial and error, and I just don’t like P2’s aesthetics and humor (I wasn’t really a fan of the first). I’d be ok with a chill platformer. Is lbp on sale? I would only get it for like $20, though. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Crash is too trial and error, and I just don’t like P2’s aesthetics and humor (I wasn’t really a fan of the first). I’d be ok with a chill platformer. Is lbp on sale? I would only get it for like $20, though. 

Yeah fair enough. Sackboy is significantly less frustrating than Crash yet still has that depth if you want to 100% levels (I've very very rarely 100% a level on the first go through and I always try to go everywhere). Not sure on the price though man, my friend is lending me his copy. It's definitely not a full price purchase type game though so defs wait for a $20 sale. 

• Upvote 1

Oh also some other games I got through before starting all these 3d platformers:

- Finished Hades (as in got to the credits). What a game. Legit  10/10

- Platinumed Wreckfast. Prob the most fun I've had with an arcade racer outside of Forza Horizon. 9/10

- Finished The Ascent (coop). One of the most frustrating and annoying games I've ever played, but coop options were limited lol 5/10