The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, JonbX said:

All of the levels are cool AF. I liked the art a lot in this one and the 2d parts in the books. This game constantly throws a variety of visuals at you.

Yep.. the mixture of Tim Burton-esque design and other types of artwork is awesome.  The paper art combination there is very cool.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

I just actually tried this for the first time today, and yea, it feels pretty good.  Complete rip-off as you said.. but the portals adds a new element to it, much like the hook-shot adds some flavor to Halo Infinite.

I really didn't have to fuck around with everything.  First time I played everything felt right, so that's pretty good right there haha.  

I just tried it and it didn't really feel like halo to me. It reminded me more of Quake/UT but without the explosive weapons. The few matches I played were cool but im kind of over it, just not really my preferred type of MP shooter.

Finished Psychonauts 2. Excellent game with a few minor gripes. The level design and variety in it's levels are up there with the best ever in a platformer. One of the year's must play games and defs in the GOTY contender category. 9/10

21 hours ago, Remij said:

I just actually tried this for the first time today, and yea, it feels pretty good.  Complete rip-off as you said.. but the portals adds a new element to it, much like the hook-shot adds some flavor to Halo Infinite.

I really didn't have to fuck around with everything.  First time I played everything felt right, so that's pretty good right there haha.  

This exactly for me. First match I got like 23K 6D and I was like holy crap, it's like I've played this game for years....cause I had with Halo 2 lol 

Played a ton more now. Friends and I into ranked matches now. Superb. 

45 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Psychonauts 2. Excellent game with a few minor gripes. The level design and variety in it's levels are up there with the best ever in a platformer. One of the year's must play games and defs in the GOTY contender category. 9/10

This exactly for me. First match I got like 23K 6D and I was like holy crap, it's like I've played this game for years....cause I had with Halo 2 lol 

Played a ton more now. Friends and I into ranked matches now. Superb. 

Psychonauts 2 is awesome for sure yeah.  Glad you liked it too.. it deserves it's kudos.  It does a lot of things right for sure.

I'm going through everything to 100% it and I'm getting really close now.. but there's some decisions here which would have made the entire thing so much better.. as far as 100%'ing it goes.

I hate the "Collective Unconscious" method of selecting levels...  Why do it like that?  You can't even realistically tell which level your warping to until you're right at the door... maybe they could you know add the name of the level on top of it... at the very least.  I actually would have just preferred a typical selection menu in this case.  Another thing.. is for all the figments.  They could have shown you how many figments you have PER area of the level.  So if I'm missing only one or two or whatever... I know which sub levels to select to run around in.

Those two things alone would go a long way into making 100% much better for this game, IMO.

And yea, Splitgate feels good for sure.  I got pretty high KD ratio as well.  It's so effortless to move around the maps.  The couple maps I did play seemed pretty good too.  I'll likely play it some more soon while I wait for Halo.

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

Psychonauts 2 is awesome for sure yeah.  Glad you liked it too.. it deserves it's kudos.  It does a lot of things right for sure.

I'm going through everything to 100% it and I'm getting really close now.. but there's some decisions here which would have made the entire thing so much better.. as far as 100%'ing it goes.

I hate the "Collective Unconscious" method of selecting levels...  Why do it like that?  You can't even realistically tell which level your warping to until you're right at the door... maybe they could you know add the name of the level on top of it... at the very least.  I actually would have just preferred a typical selection menu in this case.  Another thing.. is for all the figments.  They could have shown you how many figments you have PER area of the level.  So if I'm missing only one or two or whatever... I know which sub levels to select to run around in.

Those two things alone would go a long way into making 100% much better for this game, IMO.

And yea, Splitgate feels good for sure.  I got pretty high KD ratio as well.  It's so effortless to move around the maps.  The couple maps I did play seemed pretty good too.  I'll likely play it some more soon while I wait for Halo.

I'm not planning on 100% based solely on the amount of figments in the game and how they are spread out. These open style platformers never entice me to 100% them cause I prefer platfomers with clear levels and menu selection for that stuff (eg, Crash). One of my main gripes with the game is actually the UI in the menus too. I think they are down right bad. From selecting levels, to the maps, to even how they convey information basic information. 

Definitely keep giving Splitgate a go man, as you become more use to the portals and use them effectively they become such an amazing addition and game changer to the Halo style gameplay. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I'm not planning on 100% based solely on the amount of figments in the game and how they are spread out. These open style platformers never entice me to 100% them cause I prefer platfomers with clear levels and menu selection for that stuff (eg, Crash). One of my main gripes with the game is actually the UI in the menus too. I think they are down right bad. From selecting levels, to the maps, to even how they convey information basic information. 

Definitely keep giving Splitgate a go man, as you become more use to the portals and use them effectively they become such an amazing addition and game changer to the Halo style gameplay. 

Yea, there's a shit ton of figments.. but I was really thorough on my first playthrough so I was only ever missing a handful at most anyway.  That's kind of a blessing and a curse though, because once one or two are left.. unless you have a good idea of where you may have missed them.. you can be looking all over the place in the completely wrong area.  I've gotten a few to finish off levels just by dumb luck.

But yea, I can totally understand not wanting to 100% it.  And yea, the UI's could be better.  They're not very clear.. especially in the beginning.. but I found that I quickly got accustomed to it and was able to find whatever I needed whenever I needed it.  I think the controls for mapping the powers were more of a real issue than anything else.  I'd like to see them simplify them in a potential future game and make some of them contextual on the same button.

And yea, I will.  I like it  The portals do take some getting used to at first.. as expected.  It really will separate the boys from the men as they say...  Those who have a good understanding of the mechanic will absolutely dominate those who don't.

I'm not even a huge MP shooter kind of guy.  I like them, but I typically don't give them much time for me to really get good at them.  I played most of the BF games in MP for a bit, the Battlefront games.. a bit of CoD.  I just installed Warzone this past weekend too to give that a try.  I kinda want to get into them.  They're mostly all free to play these days too so there's no real reason for me to not give them a try.

I could definitely see Splitgate being one of my favorite ones though.

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Yea, there's a shit ton of figments.. but I was really thorough on my first playthrough so I was only ever missing a handful at most anyway.  That's kind of a blessing and a curse though, because once one or two are left.. unless you have a good idea of where you may have missed them.. you can be looking all over the place in the completely wrong area.  I've gotten a few to finish off levels just by dumb luck.

But yea, I can totally understand not wanting to 100% it.  And yea, the UI's could be better.  They're not very clear.. especially in the beginning.. but I found that I quickly got accustomed to it and was able to find whatever I needed whenever I needed it.  I think the controls for mapping the powers were more of a real issue than anything else.  I'd like to see them simplify them in a potential future game and make some of them contextual on the same button.

And yea, I will.  I like it  The portals do take some getting used to at first.. as expected.  It really will separate the boys from the men as they say...  Those who have a good understanding of the mechanic will absolutely dominate those who don't.

I'm not even a huge MP shooter kind of guy.  I like them, but I typically don't give them much time for me to really get good at them.  I played most of the BF games in MP for a bit, the Battlefront games.. a bit of CoD.  I just installed Warzone this past weekend too to give that a try.  I kinda want to get into them.  They're mostly all free to play these days too so there's no real reason for me to not give them a try.

I could definitely see Splitgate being one of my favorite ones though.

Oh yeah the control mapping for the powers was a huge issue. Especially in end game levels where you constantly had to keep switching. I'm stunning they didn't have a system where you can map all the powers to a secondary wheel and activate that with the press of a button. Was a major pain the ass and ruined the flow of the gameplay. 

Yeah, I'm the same man. Very much a SP or coop PvE type of guy. I've only ever gotten into a tiny amount of MP (PvP) shooter games, with Halo 2/3 being by far the most, which is probably why I love Splitgate so much. I've played a fair amount of Warzone due to it being the only game one of my friends plays but I'm still total trash in it.

2 hours ago, Delita said:

The ending of NMH3 :lul: :lul:

First game in a long time that I can confidently say was a complete waste of time from beginning to end. 

NMH3 sucks, I hate it. 11 years for this rancid goat SHITE

Jesus, it's that bad??? 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Jesus, it's that bad??? 

oh fuck yeah.  It feels rushed, lacking budget, and honestly just lacking effort. Staples of cash grabs.

I read the development started after Travis Strikes Again and that was only 2 years ago and we're talking about covid affected years. This isn't even a question of "Well it's not for everyone". It's objectively bad. I'm sure their are people who love being defecated on during sex, but that' doesen't change the fact that it's fucking nasty

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
32 minutes ago, Delita said:

oh fuck yeah.  It feels rushed, lacking budget, and honestly just lacking effort. Staples of cash grabs.

I read the development started after Travis Strikes Again and that was only 2 years ago and we're talking about covid affected years. This isn't even a question of "Well it's not for everyone". It's objectively bad. I'm sure their are people who love being defecated on during sex, but that' doesen't change the fact that it's fucking nasty

Well, speaking of Travis Strikes Again... that game did suck. Even in coop I found it dreadfully boring and even the quirkyness factor didn't do it for me. I just couldn't image the sequel being that bad also.

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Well, speaking of Travis Strikes Again... that game did suck. Even in coop I found it dreadfully boring and even the quirkyness factor didn't do it for me. I just couldn't image the sequel being that bad also.

NMH3 is already emulated almost perfectly already.. just like we said :tom: 

On 2021-09-05 at 7:03 PM, Twinblade said:

Finished NEO TWEWY. Really solid game overall, the presentation was pretty slick throughout and the story was well paced with an entertaining cast of characters. The soundtrack has some weak tracks but the good ones are pretty killer, especially one that plays during one of the last boss battles. The one aspect that annoyed me a bit was the combat (mainly towards the end) There is just SO much shit happening on screen that it becomes hard to keep track of what’s going on. I even died a few times without realizing it because I’d get hit by strong attacks and have no clue due to the damage numbers/indicators getting obscured by everything else you’re trying to focus on.

Bruh I'm on week 3 day 3 and the combat has gotten so crazy with 5 party members now that my brain is on autopilot while my hands are doing the work. Theres soooo much shit going on. Definitely fun but i think i've gotten too old and slow now to play something so hectic. I was straight getting my shit pushed in on the Ayano boss on week 3 day 2

I think this break while i finished other games helped out my enjoyment because I'm finding myself enjoying the 2nd half much more than i did in the first half.

Hopefully i can wrap things up before tomorrow night when Tales of Arise comes out :scared: