The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

the Tales demo had loads of pop in when I played it on PS5.

There's a part in the PC demo where almost all the grass literally pops in after a camera cut lol..

It's whatever though.  I'll buy the game regardless and see if it's possible to fix via the ini settings.

That's Psychonauts 2 done.  Great game.  Some small issues with it mostly based around collecting everything, which could have made it a lot less tedious.. but what the game does right makes up for it.  Hoping they can improve those things in a future Psychonauts.

psycho.png

• Upvote 1

Yea, someone already figured out a fix for the LOD pop-in which doesn't really affect performance that much (around 5fps)

Looks SO much better now.  When I play this I'm definitely using it.  It does seem like something that Bandai Namco could patch on consoles as well... it's really just some Unreal 4 setting tweaks.  Maybe if enough people complain about it they'll do it.

And there's also a fix for the NPC pop-in, but it DOES drop performance a bit more

https://github.com/emoose/Arise-SDK/releases/tag/v0.1.3

Edited by Remij
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

^ Thats cool. I already bought it for PS5 though. 

It might get patched there if people complain enough.  Seems like a legacy PS4/XO setting parity that wasn't updated on PS5/SX(S).

That said.. the game is doing extremely well on all platforms it seems.. so it's just as likely nothing will be done at all.  As Jon said... not really a deal breaker in the first place.. but it's nice to be able to fix it anyway.

Tales of Arise had over 55K concurrent players on Steam today.  That makes it bigger than all the previous Tales games combined on Steam alone, and the biggest JRPG release on Steam ever so far.. surpassing Persona 4 Golden, Monster Hunter Stories 2, and FFXV concurrent players numbers.

Positive reviews and good word of mouth from a good demo showcasing the combat have really helped.  Bandai Namco have to be pleased with their results.

Edited by Remij

Finished Psychonauts 2. Solid game, the imaginative levels and their design/visuals were the highlight.

The most disappointing aspect was definitely the character progression. There are so many pins available to buy but only being to equip 3 at once is extremely limiting. I had to look several times to make sure I wasn't missing some kind of upgrade to increase that number. Ranking up and collecting Psitanium wasn't as satisfying as it could be as a result of those limitations. More freedom would have also made the combat encounters more interesting, as you'd have more incentive to play around with different powers and the altered effects from the pins.

• Like 1

Seeing American Truck Sim Wyoming made me want the game, luckily it turned out I already owned the base game lol.

I love what I guess you would refer to as the flyover states. Miles and miles and miles of nothing :glad: I chose an avatar of some fat guy with a plaid shirt who looks like he thinks the Gubment is hiding aliens at area 51, founded “MAGA Trucking Company” and hit the open road to drive for 400 miles down a highway with nothing but shrubs, sand and sometimes mountains to view.

What a godly country REAL America is. What an amazing nation. None of that city-slicker shit. :bow:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Finished Psychonauts 2. Solid game, the imaginative levels and their design/visuals were the highlight.

The most disappointing aspect was definitely the character progression. There are so many pins available to buy but only being to equip 3 at once is extremely limiting. I had to look several times to make sure I wasn't missing some kind of upgrade to increase that number. Ranking up and collecting Psitanium wasn't as satisfying as it could be as a result of those limitations. More freedom would have also made the combat encounters more interesting, as you'd have more incentive to play around with different powers and the altered effects from the pins.

Yea that's true.  At the very final rank 102.. you get the ability to use powers with no-cooldowns... which would have been amazingly awesome at some point during the game.  At that point you're done with everything and there's nothing else to do, and thus it essentially goes to waste.  If there was a new game+ in which you continued with all your powers and badges from the start... that would make it useful for future playthroughs... but alas there isn't lol

Beat the first Lord in Tales of Arise.  This game is awesome! :lawd:

It reminds me a lot of DQ11 in SOME ways.  But the combat is just badass once you start pulling off sick combos and using moves appropriately.

The boss battle was pretty Epic.  The cutscenes and visuals in this game are so good...especially in motion.  The particle effects and spells and animations are all incredible.

• Upvote 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

How's the story so far for Tales of Arise?

So far it's typical JRPG stuff.  It touches on topics like slavery and not losing the will to fight against oppression.

I'm enjoying it though.  I like the characters a lot so far.  There's also lots of inter-character banter and stuff like that.  You can press RB or R1 and watch little comic book-type cutscenes at various points throughout while exploring which give more details into the characters and their backgrounds and the lore of the game's world.  They are all voice acted and skippable too.  Unfortunately not ALL the game dialog is voiced.  Most of the NPCs don't have voice acting.. and only really the ones which offer you sub missions have it.

But it's good.  The voice acting is pretty good actually in both Japanese and English.  I'm currently using Japanese but you can change it on the title screen before loading your game.  There's anime cinematics, real-time cutscenes, and as I mentioned those comic book-like cutscenes.  So it's all got a very VERY nice presentation.. but you likely already know that.  If you're waiting on potentially buying it.. I'll be playing this and let you know if anything changes.. but for now, I recommend this game for sure.