The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

On 2021-09-23 at 10:55 PM, JonbX said:

The 3rd Lord in Tales was a DICK

I haven't played it since I got Lost Judgment but im curious as to how difficult the 4th boss is. I feel like the level gap between your party members and the bosses were slowly getting wider the further I got into the game.

I’m liking 12 minutes. A lot of trial and error, and there are some silly issues (deep conversations continuing, even as the cop is banging on your door, as if he isn’t there). Still, there’s something very engaging about it. 

27 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Started Kena. What an absolutely gorgeous game. Still pretty early but having a great time. Feels like a classic action adventure game with stunning production values which elevate the experience beyond it's gameplay. Very keen to play more. 

Yeah, I need to cop it. Everyone seems to love it. 

• Like 1

Played more Tales of Arise on the weekend.  Beat the 3rd Lord... and yea... he was a BITCH @JonbX @Twinblade

Still loving the game though!  I fucking love the battle system.  I know there's issues some people have with it feeling like enemies are "tanky" and "damage sponges" but I haven't really felt like that at all during any normal fights.  I think that's mostly an issue if you just don't understand how and when exactly to counter their attacks and break their guard.  Once you figure out how to read that, then you can pull off some really cool shit.  When I was fighting one of the big Zeugles I got an achievement for a 100 hit combo which I didn't even know was a thing.  I normally do combos in the 40's or 50's depending if the enemies are dead already by then or not lol.  I just kept breaking his guard, countering its attacks and pummeling it.  The big Zeugles are the only enemies which I think are kinda tanky.  But they're meant to be kinda like a war of attrition like battle where you've got to give them your all to beat them.

But man.. I really fucking LOVE the combat/battles in this game.   The amount of moves, variety, and customization you can do.. just awesome.  I think it speaks volumes that I really don't ever avoid fights.  I've never "fled" any fights.. and in every area I run around and fight everything the first time through.  On repeat visits I might run past a couple depending on what I'm doing... but I just love the battles in this game. :glad: 

There's lots of little things they could do to make this game better though.  I'll probably post about those when I'm done the game though.  I love this game.

Edited by Remij
On 2021-09-26 at 8:05 PM, -GD-X said:

Wow 12 minutes is pretty short. I thought it was supposed to be like 6 hours long. It took me like 3. The ending…eh…but it was a fun experience. I give it a 7.5

wow that's disappointing

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Played more Tales of Arise on the weekend.  Beat the 3rd Lord... and yea... he was a BITCH @JonbX @Twinblade

Still loving the game though!  I fucking love the battle system.  I know there's issues some people have with it feeling like enemies are "tanky" and "damage sponges" but I haven't really felt like that at all during any normal fights.  I think that's mostly an issue if you just don't understand how and when exactly to counter their attacks and break their guard.  Once you figure out how to read that, then you can pull off some really cool shit.  When I was fighting one of the big Zeugles I got an achievement for a 100 hit combo which I didn't even know was a thing.  I normally do combos in the 40's or 50's depending if the enemies are dead already by then or not lol.  I just kept breaking his guard, countering its attacks and pummeling it.  The big Zeugles are the only enemies which I think are kinda tanky.  But they're meant to be kinda like a war of attrition like battle where you've got to give them your all to beat them.

But man.. I really fucking LOVE the combat/battles in this game.   The amount of moves, variety, and customization you can do.. just awesome.  I think it speaks volumes that I really don't ever avoid fights.  I've never "fled" any fights.. and in every area I run around and fight everything the first time through.  On repeat visits I might run past a couple depending on what I'm doing... but I just love the battles in this game. :glad: 

There's lots of little things they could do to make this game better though.  I'll probably post about those when I'm done the game though.  I love this game.

yeah the combat is great overall but as someone who enjoys experimenting with the different characters and their move sets, some of them are just too slow and not that exciting to control. I’m hoping there’s at least one more fast melee character similar to alphen later on. That said you can definitely get a lot of enjoyment out of it even if you just stick to 1 or 2 characters throughout all of the encounters.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

What characters are you using? Ive stuck with just one so far ha. The area after the 3rd lord is my favorite so far. It looks like a painting. I kinda wish i got this on Series X so i could play at higher res. After the 3rd Lord there are some story parts that really picked shit up for me too. Once you get 6 Artes i was getting a little annoyed at first but got the hang out it pretty easily. 

This is shaping up to be one of my favorites this year.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, JonbX said:

What characters are you using? Ive stuck with just one so far ha. The area after the 3rd lord is my favorite so far. It looks like a painting. I kinda wish i got this on Series X so i could play at higher res. After the 3rd Lord there are some story parts that really picked shit up for me too. Once you get 6 Artes i was getting a little annoyed at first but got the hang out it pretty easily. 

This is shaping up to be one of my favorites this year.

I use Alphen and Shionne mostly so far... but I think that's going to change now that I have Dohalim.  I can see him becoming my favorite. :aitch: 

Yea, it's so pretty.  It's a damn beautiful game.  The only little nitpicks I have are some things like lip syncing.. and that certain models could use higher polygon counts.  But considering how much they've upped their game in the visuals department, I have no doubt the next one is going to be much better still.

I think with Arise, Tales may have broken through in the west.  It's doing so much better than the previous ones.  

2 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I also started playing State of Decay again when the new map came out. Fucking love this game. Its still jank but so much better on Series X than One X

Yea, State of Decay is good... but I just wish the game had a REAL co-op story campaign.  I'd absolutely love that.  That's my biggest wish for SoD3...

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

it's still a lot of fun, and i would love another title like this. the dev created a great foundation. it just needs polishing.

Yea, that was basically my issue with it too.  There's a solid "game" there... but they didn't quite execute on it as well as they could have.  Also I think a game built around that style of gameplay, but expanded a bit over multiple characters and an overarching story would be great.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Remij said:

I use Alphen and Shionne mostly so far... but I think that's going to change now that I have Dohalim.  I can see him becoming my favorite. :aitch: 

Yea, it's so pretty.  It's a damn beautiful game.  The only little nitpicks I have are some things like lip syncing.. and that certain models could use higher polygon counts.  But considering how much they've upped their game in the visuals department, I have no doubt the next one is going to be much better still.

I think with Arise, Tales may have broken through in the west.  It's doing so much better than the previous ones.  

Yea, State of Decay is good... but I just wish the game had a REAL co-op story campaign.  I'd absolutely love that.  That's my biggest wish for SoD3...

I played some of the Tales games in the past but i think the only one i completed fully was Vesperia. But this one sets the standard for me now. Its that good. I think i might like it more than DQ which i also loved.

I picture SOD3 in my head as this massive AAA game that hits on everything but its probably gonna be SOD2 with better graphics and the same jank.....and ill still be ok with that. SOD3 could be one of the most unique and interesting zombie game out there . Its far away which sucks but i cant wait.

Steel Assault. They really capture the look of 90’s pixel art really well.

And I’m going back to finish Dark Souls 3. I never finished it before because Microsoft damaged my PC with an update and the game didnt have cloud saves. Gotta laugh at all the VPN users from South America with 2k+ hours creating new accounts to try and pick on all the new players. Such a scum community :D 

2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

And I’m going back to finish Dark Souls 3. I never finished it before because Microsoft damaged my PC with an update and the game didnt have cloud saves. Gotta laugh at all the VPN users from South America with 2k+ hours creating new accounts to try and pick on all the new players. Such a scum community :D 

:drake: 

16 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Even though I am a bit sick of indie 8/16 bits throwbacks, that one looks really good.

Only reason why I haven't tried it is that it's apparently really short. Like a hour or two, top.