The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Currently going about plat'ing God of War on PC. 

I beat Death's Door and will go back to 100% that after I finish up God of War.  Death's Door is an AWESOME little game.  I mean, it's not ground breaking in any way, but it's very solid in all aspects, IMO.  One of my favs from 2021.

After those, if I have time between now and Elden Ring, I'm going to start up RE4HD with the mod by Albert and Cris which just fully released.  I installed it all and made sure I got the controls and everything set up properly.  Those controls are going to take some getting used to, that's for sure :D  I'm looking forward to this actually.  I still hate the game and how much it put the RE series off course, but this is undoubtedly an impressive project by the mod team.  Maybe I'll have softened up on it in my old age. :] 

But yea, after that it's all Elden Ring :wow2:

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

On 2022-02-06 at 6:16 PM, JonbX said:

Im considering GOW. Kinda interested in DL2 as well. Not sure what i want to get yet.

GoW is awesome.  Definitely worth a purchase if you're on the fence.

I'm interested in DL2 as well, but fuck it.. I'll wait until it's cheap to buy it.  Too much stuff I want to play/finish anyway.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Remij said:

GoW is awesome.  Definitely worth a purchase if you're on the fence.

I'm interested in DL2 as well, but fuck it.. I'll wait until it's cheap to buy it.  Too much stuff I want to play/finish anyway.

Im surprised you didn't get DL2 just for the graphics :ben:  The ray traced lighting is sublime.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im surprised you didn't get DL2 just for the graphics :ben:  The ray traced lighting is sublime.

The thought crossed my mind, but like I said there's too much other stuff I'd rather play right now.

I'm mainly focusing on finishing up God of War.. which has been sublime.  I'm plat'ing it on Give me God of War difficulty, so if I tried to stop playing this and play something else for a bit, there's no way I'd be able to jump back in and defeat some of the Valkyries.  I mean I could, but it would just be more difficult.  We'll see what happens after.

Anyway a few shots of GoW on PC.

god2.jpg

god6.jpg

god4.jpg

god3.jpg

god5.jpg

@Twinblade take some shots of Dying Light 2 man!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

^nice pics. Im not great at taking screens but here's a few compressed ones I have. They don't really do it justice, but the game probably has the most natural looking lighting i've seen

Hide contents

DL2_1.thumb.JPG.f1a0fffa8c386f72cdf003cfa664d38c.JPG

DL2_3.thumb.JPG.35f5dcd8e4f26c794bf53c21019d5ae8.JPG

DL2_4.thumb.JPG.3df5fbb7619f0d85bbb46f3b941ed87f.JPG

DL2_5.thumb.JPG.037960773b4a6f737c229cc1ede0482f.JPG

Yea those are terribly compressed, but you can definitely see how nicely it's lit, and how the scenes have proper depth to them with no light leaking and glowing edges.

I said it ages back, but once you get used to games having proper lighting, when you go back and look at past games, you'll see just how wrong the lighting has been all this time.

13 hours ago, Remij said:

The thought crossed my mind, but like I said there's too much other stuff I'd rather play right now.

I'm mainly focusing on finishing up God of War.. which has been sublime.  I'm plat'ing it on Give me God of War difficulty, so if I tried to stop playing this and play something else for a bit, there's no way I'd be able to jump back in and defeat some of the Valkyries.  I mean I could, but it would just be more difficult.  We'll see what happens after.

Anyway a few shots of GoW on PC.

god2.jpg

god6.jpg

god4.jpg

god3.jpg

god5.jpg

@Twinblade take some shots of Dying Light 2 man!

holy shit! that looks amazing!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I've had a lull since then too. Absolutely nothing hitting right at all and been bouncing from one random shit to the other. 

It happens man. Tv shows are my #1 hobby, so it’s all good. 

playing Telling Lies, which is from the same people who did Her Story.

Very similar gameplay setup, in which its a desktop screen, and you have access to a video database.

They did change one thing, and even though its technically more realistic, its more of an inconvenience. Whenever you search for a word in the database, and it shows you the list of videos, they automatically play the video right at the point the word was said, which is usually not the beginning of the video.

And so have to hit the rewind button to go the beginning. And it treat it like traditional VHS tape, even though these files are digital files on a computer. So that's dumb and doesn't make sense from a realism point of view.

However, there is one cool thing in that they provide a backstory on the video database. Its like a government surveillance program that would've come from the Patriot Act, where the U.S. Government monitors all internet video communication and just stores the raw data, and the videos are recorded only from one side of the video chat.

It appears that a hacker was able to get a data dump for certain specific people that you request, and you have to parse through these videos to discover who the other person was speaking to, based on certain key words they said during one half of the conversation.

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Goukosan @Twinblade

how was smtv?

Im only a few hours in.  

Have been too busy with life shit to dive full into a hardcore RPG like this one. Will circle back to it once I have some serious free time to sink my teeth into it. 

But from what I've played so far its good.  It's not casual in the slightest FYI. 

32 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Im only a few hours in.  

Have been too busy with life shit to dive full into a hardcore RPG like this one. Will circle back to it once I have some serious free time to sink my teeth into it. 

But from what I've played so far its good.  It's not casual in the slightest FYI. 

o damn. no easy mode? :dead2:

Just now, Twinblade said:

i fell off of it pretty hard. It leaves a good first impression for the first 20-30 hours but then the lack of variety and repetitive environments really got to me. It feels like half a game stretched out into a full one.

yikes. thanks for the heads up.