The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

my friend and I finished It Takes Two.

The entire final three levels in this game are of declining quality, running out of gameplay ideas and interesting gameplay sequences.

The final level is the weakest in the whole game, there's almost no challenge in it.

I think it barely deserves to be a Top 10 game of 2021, and absolutely nowhere close to game of the year. Really surprised after the Tree and Child's Playroom levels.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

I'm playing this indie stealth FPS/RPG and it's fucking awesome. The gameplay is giving me Deux Ex vibes. Gamers who like to take the stealth route in open world RPGs, methodically manage their inventory and building their characters ought to check it out. I bought it at random and it keep impressing me. The PS1 like aesthetics and challenging difficulty might turn some people off though.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm playing this indie stealth FPS/RPG and it's fucking awesome. The gameplay is giving me Deux Ex vibes. Gamers who like to take the stealth route in open world RPGs, methodically manage their inventory and building their characters ought to check it out. I bought it at random and it keep impressing me. The PS1 like aesthetics and challenging difficulty might turn some people off though.

Looks cool, but I rarely buy early access games. Ill check out the full release if its good.

• Upvote 1
On 2022-02-16 at 8:25 PM, Twinblade said:

Looks cool, but I rarely buy early access games. Ill check out the full release if its good.

Good call on that, TwinB. I just finished the early access, basically they are planning three scenarios and will release them periodically. It took me just under 7 hours to finish the first scenario and I've done all the side quests. I'm not mad since the game was very cheap (around 14$ CAD).

It was starting to feel a bit repetitive towards the end howerver. They need to bring new enemies types and weapons to the second scenario or otherwise it's going to get very old. Don't get me wrong though, I really enjoyed it.

• Upvote 1

Started Martha is Dead and will plow through it before getting into Elden Ring.  It looks surprisingly great, was not expecting production values like this for a $30 game. Helps that they managed to implement a form of Ray Tracing, which makes the lighting and shadows look completely natural

Spoiler

MiD1.thumb.jpg.92ab1be1942d74570a995d7fff691d7a.jpg

MiD2.thumb.jpg.a5272162ed98912ce8263d56c2c634f6.jpg

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Started Martha is Dead and will plow through it before getting into Elden Ring.  It looks surprisingly great, was not expecting production values like this for a $30 game. Helps that they managed to implement a form of Ray Tracing, which makes the lighting and shadows look completely natural

Hide contents

MiD1.thumb.jpg.92ab1be1942d74570a995d7fff691d7a.jpg

MiD2.thumb.jpg.a5272162ed98912ce8263d56c2c634f6.jpg

so, i should get it? $30 is a good price. i want the uncensored series x version :smoke:

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

so, i should get it? $30 is a good price. i want the uncensored series x version :smoke:

Im around 3 hours in. The gameplay is limited and there's not much in the way of puzzles or interactions. The main way you move the story forward is through a simple photography mechanic, where you take pictures and develop them in a dark room. There's some disturbing imaging and there was 1 jump scare that got me pretty good, but I wouldn't consider it much of a horror game so far. Its more of a walking simulator, with some horror elements. 

Just now, Twinblade said:

Im around 3 hours in. The gameplay is limited and there's not much in the way of puzzles or interactions. The main way you move the story forward is through a simple photography mechanic, where you take pictures and develop them. There's some disturbing imaging and there was 1 jump scare that got me pretty good, but I wouldn't consider it much of a horror game so far. Its more of a walking simulator, with some horror elements. 

oh.....i'll wait for it to be on sale. thanks for the heads up.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

oh.....i'll wait for it to be on sale. thanks for the heads up.

Its a nice change of pace so far but I don't blame you. The setting is great and the story is interesting, but I was hoping it had more meat on its bones when it came to puzzles and adventure game elements in general.

• Thanks 1

Here's the thing about Forbidden West, and it required me to have finished Frozen Wilds to see what is happening.

The SCALE of the game now matches the map.

Horizon 1 has a fairly big disconnect over what you are seeing in the map, and how big the 3-dimensional world actually was.

On the map, the path for you to go a place looks like its a bit of a distance, but once you got back into the game, and jumped on a mount to ride, you probably rode for like 90 seconds to arrive there.

So imagine the reverse happening when the opening area of Horizon feels much bigger, but the map seems to indicate that you have traveled a much shorter distance. It feels more accurate to the Witcher 3's scale of how much you actually traveled in the game, and then looking at it in the map.

Also the Frozen Wilds is the perfect thing to play to prep you on the sequel, because there's an A.I. at the end of that expansion pack in which they can ask them every important question and they will recap Horizon 1 for you, and the lore.

It also establishes Sylens (Lance Reddick) as more of an asshole who is not afraid to threaten Aloy if she digs into his past. He clearly has his own agenda, and may not really be on the side of good.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

O damn! So, worth $30?

I just finished it.

Im really having a hard time wrapping my head around what happened in the ending :D 

It does some really special things storytelling wise, and without spoiling anything it covers some dark topics.

Like I mentioned before its not really a horror game though. Outside of the face cutting scene there's only 2-3 others that I think were pretty gory and somewhat disturbing. But to the game's credit its probably good that they used them sparingly, because it feels like they appropriately fit the context of the story and weren't just thrown in for shock value. There is a very mysterious, ominous atmosphere that the game has that I found pretty effective even if its not full on horror.

The gameplay is far from engaging and it is pretty much a walking simulator with some light interactive elements (mostly based around the simple photography element I mentioned before).

The setting and the story telling were the highlights, so It really comes down to how much you want to listen to the main character's inner monologues as you explore the setting and lightly interact with objects. I guess if I were to compare it with another game, I think it reminded me a lot of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter in that regard.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Went back into Kingdom Come Deliverance. That drinking scene with the priest is one of the funniest shit I've ever seen, the priest puking from the bell tower and the church sermon the next day were hilarious. It's even better than that drinking scene from Red Dead Redemption 2. 

This game is criminally underrated. Not only does it shit on any Bethesda open world RPG, the story is amazing and the cutscenes direction and voice acting are top notch.