The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

GTA Online is going to be free, at least for PS5 owners, for the first 90 days.

People who own the PS4 version of GTA5 will get a free upgrade to the new versions coming out next week on PS5.

But in case you don't own the game, they are selling pre-orders of the PS5 version, single player and online, for $10.

That might be where I will start my next online co-op activity with my friend. I hope GTA online is somewhat fun and quick to get in and out.

Been playing GT7, and the great thing is that my gaming sensibilities are different compared to 20-25 years ago, where I hated those license tests. But now I understand that making the perfect braking/turn/accelerate out of corner can be a really satisfying thing to do if you are able to perfect it, or learn the track good enough to where you absolutely know that turn in your sleep.

Also the replays are really cool, and they are something you will see because of load times, it throws you into the replay immediately. So you don't have to go out of your way to load up a replay, it just starts replaying after you end the race.  And you can instantly switch to the interiors of the other vehicles. So you don't even need to drive those other cars to enjoy just how great they rendered the graphics. And its just with a push of the UP or DOWN direction buttons on the D-pad, instantaneous.

vADU3jg.jpg

f2i31Mm.jpg

iKmSprP.jpg

This is going to be alot like Horizon FW where people can post some amazing screenshots

Lk49UJO.jpg

8xUL2lM.jpg

xzomYwI.jpg

Also the Music Rally mode is quite fun. It almost reminds me of classic Need for Speed 1 & 2 traditional single player mode. But you're not racing against other cars for first place.

Its almost designed like an obstacle course, and you are trying to run it as fast and efficiently as possible because its measuring how much distance you drive within a pre-set amount of time. The time that is allowed in a stage is the length of a music track. So its going to be the same amount of time, for that track. So there's no real need for a timer, there's actually a bar, like you see on Souncloud, that shows the progress through the song.

Since you're driving older, classical cars, its all about driving as cleanly as possible so that you can increase your mph and keep your mph as high as possible at all times, that means navigating turns as cleanly and as fast as possible, and avoiding the other cars on the road.

It appears, from my playtime, that the cars on the road will be in the SAME exact spots, with the same exact driving behavior, in sync with the song. So i can even tell how good or bad I'm doing just by remembering how far along the song I am, and where my position on the track is, and how quickly have I already reached certain cars.

And then the songs themselves can actually get catchy, I've been bouncing along to the VROOM british rap song that has Idris Elba doing a verse in it. This mode may end up being the surprise hit of the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Elden Ring but GT7 is starting to be played more. I'm so happy that it's a return to form for the franchise. Love the new additions while they went back to their roots in the campaign. 

i can't start gt7 until i finish ER. i'm in the zone. GT is next, though!

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i can't start gt7 until i finish ER. i'm in the zone. GT is next, though!

Yeah totally understandable man. Probably better that way too. I just couldn't wait.

Hope you like GT7. It is very much a niche taste, even more so than Souls I'd say. Have to find it fun trying to shave off 0.010 from a time to achieve Gold in a license test, or learning how to perfect a corner and also have a love for cars and it's history. 

• Like 1

Jumped into GT7. Having a good time so far Really what I’ve been looking for in a racer. The story/career mode structure is fun. I’m not a car enthusiast by any means but you can tell how much they love cars and their history. 

also the game looks fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Casual said:

Jumped into GT7. Having a good time so far Really what I’ve been looking for in a racer. The story/career mode structure is fun. I’m not a car enthusiast by any means but you can tell how much they love cars and their history. 

also the game looks fantastic.

This x100. The love of the cars is just overflowing in every part of the game, more so than any other game I've played. You can tell it is created by someone who has a deep passion for the subject matter.

But yeah I'm loving the career structure they got going on. Makes for a great gameplay loop and gives you a bit of direction that wasn't necessarily there before. 

1 hour ago, Delita said:

Stranger of Paradise

Game is honestly fucking awesome. Elden Ring is the better game but SoP just feels so much more fun to play. 

Is the story as ridiculous as the trailers made it out to be? It seriously looks like a parody. :hest: 

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Is the story as ridiculous as the trailers made it out to be? It seriously looks like a parody. :hest: 

Yes haha. It’s like a watching a cult classic B movie. So much shit has me dying of its stupidity 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Decided to give Syberia The World Before a try. This game has a really visually pleasing look even if its not going to win any technical awards anytime soon

Syberia1.thumb.jpg.a3dd2b905e0d38bee5c1c5f9b42c3b52.jpg

i've always enjoyed their backdrops.

Im really enjoying Syberia TWB. I skipped 3 because the consensus was that it was awful, but this feels like a return to form. It follows the modern adventure game style, reminding me a lot of Telltale's games but also Quantum Dream's as well. The way you manipulate mechanical objects is similar to The Room which is neat and makes up the bulk of the puzzle solving, though they're quite a bit simpler overall and don't reach the difficulty/complexity of that series so far. I did just finish one that forced me to use my phone + a piece of paper and a pen which was cool.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im really enjoying Syberia TWB. I skipped 3 because the consensus was that it was awful, but this feels like a return to form. It follows the modern adventure game style, reminding me a lot of Telltale's games but also Quantum Dream's as well. The way you manipulate mechanical objects is similar to The Room which is neat and makes up the bulk of the puzzle solving, though they're quite a bit simpler overall and don't reach the difficulty/complexity of that series so far. I did just finish one that forced me to use my phone + a piece of paper and a pen which was cool.

This is all sounding great! 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

After 50+ hours of Elden Ring it feels really good to play a chill & cinematic game like this.

I bet. I got my ass handed to me by the fire giant and I just don’t feel like respec-ing or getting a better staff lol. This sounds up right up my alley, since my gaming time got cut significantly. 

9 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I bet. I got my ass handed to me by the fire giant and I just don’t feel like respec-ing or getting a better staff lol. This sounds up right up my alley, since my gaming time got cut significantly. 

I just finished it. 

Its got issues for sure but I really enjoyed it. The story telling is pretty great even if the quality of the voice acting and delivery leaves something to be desired at times. The character models and animations are also really rough.

But the quality of the environments, music, directing, cinematography, use of lighting, etc betray its lower budget and make it succeed in feeling like a big and immersive adventure game, which there aren't enough of nowadays.

Solid 8/10 for me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished it. 

Its got issues for sure but I really enjoyed it. The story telling is pretty great even if the quality of the voice acting and delivery leaves something to be desired at times. The character models and animations are also really rough.

But the quality of the environments, music, directing, cinematography, use of lighting, etc betray its lower budget and make it succeed in feeling like a big and immersive adventure game, which there aren't enough of nowadays.

Solid 8/10 for me.

How were the puzzles?