The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Beat Biome 3 boss :whew:Got down to one more hit and I die and somehow managed to kill him first. Used the lobber like you said 😉

But yeah this game is absolutely brutal. Makes Souls games seem easy lol I was just making no in rounds last night on my sesh and then on my last run I beat the boss but if I received one more hit the entire sesh would've just been a wipe. Zero progress. God damn brutal game lol thankfully gameplay is legit 10/10

Yep, you never feel outright robbed or cheated on your deaths like Souls games. The difficulty is high but it's about skills. The mix of 3rd person shooting and the bullet hell arcade shooting is awesome. I guess I kind of spoiled a little by saying there's a fourth biome. lol

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Just now, Ike said:

Yep, you never feel outright robbed or cheated on your deaths like Souls games. The difficulty is high but it's about skills. The mix of 3rd person shooting and the bullet hell arcade shooting is awesome. I guess I kind of spoiled a little by saying there's a fourth biome. lol

Nah didn't spoil anything, wasn't expecting that to be the last biome anyway. Plus you didn't say what the 4th biome is. 

I think there is 5 biomes, but I may be wrong. I got the trophy for finishing Act 1 after beating biome 3 so maybe game is even longer than I'm expecting. 

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Nah didn't spoil anything, wasn't expecting that to be the last biome anyway. Plus you didn't say what the 4th biome is. 

I think there is 5 biomes, but I may be wrong. I got the trophy for finishing Act 1 after beating biome 3 so maybe game is even longer than I'm expecting. 

I won’t say more. :monosmug:

But just wait for the music in biome 4. One of the tracks in there is one of the best in a recent memory. :lawd:

• aitch 1

Im about 5 hours into The Quarry. Game is very enjoyable so far :smoke: It would have been nice if they had evolved the interactivity or gameplay in some ways, as its pretty much identical to Until Dawn (and The Dark Pictures) in that respect. But anyone who liked Until Dawn and is ok with more of the same will have a great time with this. I think im most impressed by the cast and their performances so far, they all do really good job and nobody feels like they're phoning it in which is always a concern when you see TV/movie actors doing video games. Their faces are also better looking than the trailers made them out to be, which helps sell the performances.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im about 5 hours into The Quarry. Game is very enjoyable so far :smoke: It would have been nice if they had evolved the interactivity or gameplay in some ways, as its pretty much identical to Until Dawn (and The Dark Pictures) in that respect. But anyone who liked Until Dawn and is ok with more of the same will have a great time with this. I think im most impressed by the cast and their performances so far, they all do really good job and nobody feels like they're phoning it in which is always a concern when you see TV/movie actors doing video games. Their faces are also better looking than the trailers made them out to be, which helps sell the performances.

That's good to hear.  I can't wait to play this :love: 

Probably wont be until next weekend though.  Hopefully I don't get shit spoiled before then.

9 hours ago, Remij said:

That's good to hear.  I can't wait to play this :love: 

Probably wont be until next weekend though.  Hopefully I don't get shit spoiled before then.

Yeah the one knock I have against the game is that the soundtrack is a bit jarring. Its just a lot of licensed songs that feel like they were pulled straight from a CW show. It actually seems like thats the type of audience they are trying to appeal to with the game, which is fine but the music doesn't always fit the mood the game is going for.

Finished The Quarry.  The ending felt really abrupt, not sure If my decisions had something to do with that. I also lost 2 characters :mjcry: But the game was a lot of fun overall and I definitely want to replay it to see how different it can be.

Its definitely a bit different compared to Until Dawn when it comes to its themes. Going back to the CW comparison, I would describe it as essentially being an interactive CW series, but a very good one at that.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Finished The Quarry.  The ending felt really abrupt, not sure If my decisions had something to do with that. I also lost 2 characters :mjcry: But the game was a lot of fun overall and I definitely want to replay it to see how different it can be.

Its definitely a bit different compared to Until Dawn when it comes to its themes. Going back to the CW comparison, I would describe it as essentially being an interactive CW series, but a very good one at that.

That’s what I’m looking forward to getting your impressions on. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

Hard af, huh?

It makes Elden Ring feel like a walking sim lol

I wish I could have more time with it though atm but my gaming session are a bit spaced out right now so tough to get a flow going which is very much needed for this type of game.

It is legitimately superb though. Gameplay is 10/10. Sound is 10/10.

• dead 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

The Quarry does not seem to be as replay friendly as Until Dawn. First thing I noticed is that you can't skip the cutscenes, which is a pretty glaring omission. 

I think you need the deluxe edition for that. :francis:

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

So made some more progress in Returnal.

I think I'm up to biome 6...... but biome 5 didn't seem to have a boss, so not too sure. 

Sorry went past biome 5 @Ike, wasn't expecting too, just beat the biome 4 boss then went through 5 also after. 

Yeah it’s all good lol. Biome 5 doesn’t have a boss. How about that build up to the 4th boss though? :lawd: 

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah it’s all good lol. Biome 5 doesn’t have a boss. How about that build up to the 4th boss though? :lawd: 

So good!!! Prob my fav biome and boss so far. 

6 is already my most hated lol

I'd still up for Co-op anytime man, even though I've passed that biome. 

I also tried out the tower mode which I think got added with Ascension. It's awesome too. 

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The Quarry does not seem to be as replay friendly as Until Dawn. First thing I noticed is that you can't skip the cutscenes, which is a pretty glaring omission. 

Fuuuu the IGN review mentioned this.  

started playing wolfenGOD: the new order and the game is completely in german, no way to change the language, even contacted EGS support live chat but they couldn't help :mjgrin: 

I don't even mind if they censor shit like swatiskas but locking the language is such a stupid move

also almost done with rise of the tomb raider, it's ok, i wish the reboot was more "exotic" with monsters and dino's and shit like the OGs. Lara though is :whew: 

Edited by kaz