The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Played some more Stray a bit earlier.  We're gonna jump back on in a little while.. but it's taking longer than expected, which is actually a nice surprise.  Got over 6 hours in it and just started Midtown.  I love these environments so much to the point where I'm wishing it was a full fledged AAA game with more expanded gameplay elements and ideas.. because in almost every environment you go in you can just see all the possibilities.

Clearly the team had to limit their scope.. but man.  They've really showed a ton of potential.

Anyone who finished it know how much more I've got?  I've just found

Hide contents

Clementine

An hour? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

ha. It has a pretty specific art style but I didn't mind it too much.

Yeah, i don’t know if I’m feeling the visuals. Fun game, though! 

• Like 1

Beat Stray.

Spoiler

A little bit let down by the ending.  I think it could have ended a bit stronger than it did, but that last little scene there leaves it open.

But overall I loved it.  Cute little game with some neat ideas and great art direction.

8/10  Solid little game.

16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@kaz Squad is a pretty fun game. I've been joining the servers that are labeled as noob/new player friendly and the community is pretty chill. These dudes are funny too, this one squad leader convinced us that we're just gonna go straight into their main base and take the enemy on that way, so he drives a slow ass truck towards it and all 8 of us get destroyed by a BMP at once :D Its not really a sandbox like BF is but you still get some fun moments like that.

I told ya :D  you really don't have to worry if you don't want to use your mic and just have a "casual" experience. it's all there. but trust me once you get used to the gameplay loop you want to try more serious gameplay and team up with friends or others. You mentioned that the community seems bad and that squad leaders are quick to boot you off your team if you don't communicate but it's not the norm and those people are just trash. 

I'm glad you are enjoying this game the way you want. Keep in mind you can play it like this forever but I dare you to team up at some point if you keep playing long enough. enjoy the game, man

On 2022-07-24 at 4:38 AM, kaz said:

I told ya :D  you really don't have to worry if you don't want to use your mic and just have a "casual" experience. it's all there. but trust me once you get used to the gameplay loop you want to try more serious gameplay and team up with friends or others. You mentioned that the community seems bad and that squad leaders are quick to boot you off your team if you don't communicate but it's not the norm and those people are just trash. 

I'm glad you are enjoying this game the way you want. Keep in mind you can play it like this forever but I dare you to team up at some point if you keep playing long enough. enjoy the game, man

I’ve played for 16 hours so far and still have no idea how the logistics (building/resupply) stuff works, it seems that only squad leaders have those capabilities. But I’m slowly figuring out the mechanics. The intensity of some of the firefights is insane, slowly pushing through the streets of a map like Fallujah with your teammates and knowing there could be enemies around any corner always keeps you on your toes.

the dragging mechanic for downed teammates is really neat and makes me realize how nice it would have been to have that in BF. 

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I’ve played for 16 hours so far and still have no idea how the logistics (building/resupply) stuff works, it seems that only squad leaders have those capabilities. But I’m slowly figuring out the mechanics. The intensity of some of the firefights is insane, slowly pushing through the streets of a map like Fallujah with your teammates and knowing there could be enemies around any corner always keeps you on your toes.

the dragging mechanic for downed teammates is really neat and makes me realize how nice it would have been to have that in BF. 

The BF3 PR devs are working hard on their mod. They started doing suggestion rounds and one of them was the said dragging mechanic.

2 hours ago, kaz said:

The BF3 PR devs are working hard on their mod. They started doing suggestion rounds and one of them was the said dragging mechanic.

I don't plan on going back to that anytime soon. Its just way too barebones and its probably going to take forever for them to add many of the basic features that Squad already has. Outside of the Frostbite engine and what it comes with (destructible environments) Squad is a much more fleshed out BF2 Project Reality successor.

it's not a video game, but i've been obsessed with davinci resolve 18 studio. if you would have told me a month ago that i would ditch premiere for video editing, i would have laughed. now, i can't go back to its archaic color correcting. i see why resolve is the best in the industry. its color correction tools can literally be a stand-alone program. yet, it's also an amazing video editor and has some incredible 2d/3d graphics/compositing tools. an added bonus: it handles 6k and 8k raw clips like a champ! way better than premiere does. adobe needs to step up their game. while the standard resolve is free (which is fucking ridiculous when you consider how deep it is), i paid the $299 for the studio version, since it has several exclusive features that would cost $1,000+ as pluggins.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I don't plan on going back to that anytime soon. Its just way too barebones and its probably going to take forever for them to add many of the basic features that Squad already has. Outside of the Frostbite engine and what it comes with (destructible environments) Squad is a much more fleshed out BF2 Project Reality successor.

well that's the point, for you it's reversed in a way. most people are sick of Squad because they fucked up a lot of game systems, the gun play is worse and overall people wanna do something new. I say BF3 PR is off to a good start rn, it has the better gunplay, maps are 50/50 and it sure needs some fixing. Squad gets stale.

But don't let that keep you from enjoying the game, I'm glad you do so. 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

well that's the point, for you it's reversed in a way. most people are sick of Squad because they fucked up a lot of game systems, the gun play is worse and overall people wanna do something new. I say BF3 PR is off to a good start rn, it has the better gunplay, maps are 50/50 and it sure needs some fixing. Squad gets stale.

But don't let that keep you from enjoying the game, I'm glad you do so. 

How exactly did they mess up Squad? As someone with no experience with the game prior to recently, im curious.

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

How exactly did they mess up Squad? As someone with no experience with the game prior to recently, im curious.

many people are tired of the game, lots of people complain about the shooting, maps in general etc. They didn't mess up squad at all. I like both games, it's just BF3 PR is new and the shooting feels better. I didn't play much squad myself. maybe around 100-ish hours. 

Anyone here play Alien's Fireteam Elite?

I saw it on sale for $20 ($16USD) and decided to grab it.

Was playing last night with some friends and it's pretty good.  They just released an update which added cross-play as well, although there's no cross-progression unfortunately.

It's pretty repetitious, as most of these hoard shooters are, but it's still fun none the less.

On 2022-07-30 at 1:09 PM, kaz said:

many people are tired of the game, lots of people complain about the shooting, maps in general etc. They didn't mess up squad at all. I like both games, it's just BF3 PR is new and the shooting feels better. I didn't play much squad myself. maybe around 100-ish hours. 

It hit early access in 2015 so I'd expect a lot of the people who bought it then to be tired of it by now. This why I avoid the early access release for most multiplayer games, i'd rather avoid playing the game and feeling fatigued by it before its even fully featured with a good amount of content.

The same thing is likely going to happen with BF3 Reality which is basically an early access release as well. I tried it and enjoyed it for a few hours but im now satisfied with what I played and am holding off until they make significant additions and improvements to it.

If you have amazon prime you can get a week of UbiSoft+ for free. I got the trial and not much on there to play so i downloaded Far Cry 6....and one of the first things you get is an attack alligator. LMAO. I doubt ill complete the game but it seems fun enough to mess around with for a while.

Im on chapter 7 of Dishonored 2 i really like this game and will be finishing it up shorty.

I hope i am almost done with Prey i hate this game most of the time but it has enough great parts to it to keep me pushing through it.

I also finished As Dusk Falls a little bit ago. The story in that game was great and its one of the better non games ive played in a while. After i finished it just going back and looking at all of the open paths i didnt pick was pretty impressive. It looks like you can do ( or not do ) so many things in that game. Ill probably go back to it at some point and check out the different paths.