The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

20 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I got about 30 hours in before I dropped it. I tolerated most of the stuff I disliked but the constant long ass boss battles that often come in pairs just ruined the game for me. Then you have to make sure you beat them both during the same session, because if you lose at the 2nd boss and decide to take a break from the game, it doesn't save in between so you have to replay the first boss battle over again. This game feels like its designed to just waste the player's time.

I am about 22 hrs and just finished chapter 3.   If bosses are taking you that long to finish you're doing something wrong. 

Example,  chapter 3 boss was destroying me because I didn't have enough medic gunners,  my gems were all offensive not defensive,  I didn't update my linked orobos (each character has their own now that you can switch between after transformation)  and I didn't know how to do an orobos chain attack. 

Once I made the adjustments,  I beat him on the next try in a few minutes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Up to chapter 7 in The Quarry. Been a fun experience so far. Performances are mostly great and the animation is great. Lighting seems off at times though especially early when it’s day. Also, some character models look a little funky. Definitely recommend if you enjoy this type of game. There are definitely CW show type moments though with some music cues and scene. 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I am about 22 hrs and just finished chapter 3.   If bosses are taking you that long to finish you're doing something wrong. 

Example,  chapter 3 boss was destroying me because I didn't have enough medic gunners,  my gems were all offensive not defensive,  I didn't update my linked orobos (each character has their own now that you can switch between after transformation)  and I didn't know how to do an orobos chain attack. 

Once I made the adjustments,  I beat him on the next try in a few minutes. 

I think my party is in a good spot right now and I fully understand the mechanics. But you have to rely on chain attacks in order to do the most amount of damage to a boss and they always take wayyy too long. You just sit there and watch all the same few animations over and over again. Then you repeat them another 2-3 times before the boss is dead. And then after that you repeat that entire process for the 2nd followup boss that the game often throws at you. The repetition and watching the same animations constantly is just tiring and takes way longer than it needs to.

I know im in the minority though so if you enjoy it, then more power to you.

On a side note, I played through one of the stories in Live A Live and I have mixed feelings about it :ben: I think Switch JRPGs this year peaked with Triangle Strategy imo. But Ill have to play through a few more Live A LIve stories before I can fully judge it, maybe I just happened to pick a weaker one.

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

Up to chapter 7 in The Quarry. Been a fun experience so far. Performances are mostly great and the animation is great. Lighting seems off at times though especially early when it’s day. Also, some character models look a little funky. Definitely recommend if you enjoy this type of game. There are definitely CW show type moments though with some music cues and scene. 

The australian kid's character model was the most 'off' to me. Nothing about his face and animations seemed natural. Most of the other characters are pretty good though. The asian chick probably has the best looking face and animations overall I think. Her character in general is pretty great too.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

There are a lot of frustrating things about the game. A lot. It requires a lot of grinding but gets a little better when you grind better shit. The starting guns makes the enemies feel like bullet sponges, it took a full assault rifle magazine to take down a wolf :cosby2: Not a zombie wolf, just a regular wolf.

I only recently got it on PS after skipping it on release and I haven't played a game I found this frustrating in a long time. The main character mubles to himself all the time too :D then starts shouting to himself as you're trying to stealth and hide from zombie hordes.

The fuel consumption is retarded too. The world isnt as big as it needs to be, so get on a bike hold forwards for 20 seconds and look you just lost 30% of your fuel.

The open world isnt so open either. In missions it has out of bounds areas which is retarded because open world games used to be about being open and freedom to tackle missions how you wanf.

There is a lot I could say but it would take all day, it could have been a good game, it looks great and the foundation is there but there is just a lot of retarded design decisions and it makes you wonder if they ever played a game lile this. Coming from Horizon the difference is night and day. This reminds me of Alan Wake in a lot of ways and that's not a good thing.

Considering I liked Alan Wake ill probably like this game :ben: Many people seem to think its underrated so I figure I might as well give it a try.

33 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The australian kid's character model was the most 'off' to me. Nothing about his face and animations seemed natural. Most of the other characters are pretty good though. The asian chick probably has the best looking face and animations overall I think. Her character in general is pretty great too.

Kaitlyn, Abigail, and Detective Pikachu guy my favorite characters. 

• Like 1

I finished Cult of The Lamb.....its the first roguelike i've ever finished :ben: 

I was definitely starting to feel the typical roguelike fatigue towards the end, but the gameplay loop was still entertaining enough that I had no trouble seeing it all the way through. Im glad I took a chance on this game.

• Upvote 1

Played the Quarry, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I was playing it in such a way to get the most satisfying ending, or at the very least the most comprehensive ending, and I fucked it up at the very, very end.

So I just watched the movie mode to see what choices I could've done to do a "perfect" playthrough.

• Upvote 1

I can see why some people disliked Days Gone. Even for an open world game it has a bit too much busywork. Stuff like having to constantly refuel/repair your bike, or not being able to fast travel unless you clear out the infestations in an area. Im enjoying the loop of everything but I can see all this becoming excessive after 20+ hours.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I can see why some people disliked Days Gone. Even for an open world game it has a bit too much busywork. Stuff like having to constantly refuel/repair your bike, or not being able to fast travel unless you clear out the infestations in an area. Im enjoying the loop of everything but I can see all this becoming excessive after 20+ hours.

Yeah, I got sick of it pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

This is where mods make the QoL experience just that much better.

Search "Multiple Fuel Tank Capacities" at Nexusmods.  Let's you make your tank from 50% larger, up to 250% larger in increments of 50%... so it becomes much MUCH less of a chore and something you don't have to think/worry about nearly as often if you don't like it.

Man Xenoblade 3 is pretty bonkers by chapter 4.

Just fought two bosses at once and then another one right after... No in between..back to back to back. 

By the end of chapter 4 if you haven't got the systems down pat you're going to get destroyed. 

Some of the story cut scenes are really long...luckily the characters and the story are very interesting. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Remij said:

Search "Multiple Fuel Tank Capacities" at Nexusmods.  Let's you make your tank from 50% larger, up to 250% larger in increments of 50%... so it becomes much MUCH less of a chore and something you don't have to think/worry about nearly as often if you don't like it.

I’m still early and I just upgraded my gas tank so I’m going to hold off on any mods for now. It still hasn’t gotten too annoying.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Remij said:

Nice! I called it Gas Gone when I played it, because I felt like I was always gassing up. 

• Haha 3
21 hours ago, Twinblade said:

That game's pacing is by far it's biggest issue. You start the game so limited in regards to fuel tank, weapons, items, abilities etc that an big chunk of the early game is a legit slog. The game then also leaves out it's showcase feature (Hordes) till you're already far into the game. It just has so many perplexing design decisions because then when you have the hordes and all these amazing ways to combat them the game truly does shine. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

That game's pacing is by far it's biggest issue. You start the game so limited in regards to fuel tank, weapons, items, abilities etc that an big chunk of the early game is a legit slog. The game then also leaves out it's showcase feature (Hordes) till you're already far into the game. It just has so many perplexing design decisions because then when you have the hordes and all these amazing ways to combat them the game truly does shine. 

The hordes were one thing I was curious about, but there hasn't even been any references to them so far.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

The hordes were one thing I was curious about, but there hasn't even been any references to them so far.

It's stupid how far into the game they are. Most people would've dropped the game long before they encounter them. Then the issue for the people that stick around long enough for the game to truly become great is that by that time you are also a bit done with the game. 

• Like 1