The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Yeah, my tastes have definitely changed as I've gotten older. Tried to play through the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection recently and honestly got bored. Granted these are the Sigma versions of the games but I don't think the superior versions would really change anything. It's actually mind blowing how much of a huge step up Nioh is compared to NG. No wonder Team Ninja seems content with leaving the NG series on the shelf.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Sabo said:

Yeah, my tastes have definitely changed as I've gotten older. Tried to play through the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection recently and honestly got bored. Granted these are the Sigma versions of the games but I don't think the superior versions would really change anything. It's actually mind blowing how much of a huge step up Nioh is compared to NG. No wonder Team Ninja seems content with leaving the NG series on the shelf.

haven’t you put thousands of hours into the NG games? Maybe that’s why you’ve gotten bored of them. Just a thought :ben: 

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

haven’t you put thousands of hours into the NG games? Maybe that’s why you’ve gotten bored of them. Just a thought :ben: 

They're a product of their time... much like many other games.  Doesn't make them bad.  They served the market at the time and played a part in evolving the genres to where they are today.

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I mean... You're not wrong LOL. But this was also like 15 years ago. These games came out on the PS3. Sigma 1 is a Xbox remaster so it's based off an even older game.

They don't really hold up too well. I find a lot of the mechanics to be a little sloppy and exploitable while certain things are overtuned. Nioh really is a huge step up in comparison.

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Anyone else checked out Immortality? 

Finished it yesterday. Extremely unique but will defs be a love/hate experience. 

Yup. I platinum’d it, but there’s a glitch with alternate universe achievement. So, it shows up as 26/27. Awesome experience! 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think I’m on the last level in Tinykin. This game has been impressive, the level design  is probably its strongest aspect. They’re huge & the verticality makes it fun to explore every little nook and cranny while making use of the tiny kin’s abilities.

i downloaded this. i'll check it out tonight.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade broooo…I checked to see how far I am in The Pedestrian. I’m at the halfway mark. The last batch of puzzles were pretty sneaky. I wonder how the later ones will be. 

cool. I can play games with both hands now but I have to keep the sessions short, so I’m gonna be focused on steelrising + splatoon 3 for the near future. I’ll try that after though.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

cool. I can play games with both hands now but I have to keep the sessions short, so I’m gonna be focused on steelrising + splatoon 3 for the near future. I’ll try that after though.

It’s perfect for short sessions btw. I only play 30 - 45 minutes at a time. 

• Upvote 1

Finished The Pedestrian. What a fantastic puzzle game. It was short, but there was 0 filler. The final sequence was a very pleasant surprise. I think the game took me around 4 hours to complete (played it in 30-45 minute intervals). The title would have been perfect if it had a rewind and reset option. Though, the design choice makes sense near the end. I highly recommend this to those who like intricate puzzles without 0 hand-holding. 

• Upvote 1

I need to stop buying so many games.

Just finished this epic 70 hours SRPG called Expeditions: Rome. My GOTY for 2022 so far.

Still playing SMT: Soul Grinding 2. About 30 hours in but I'm about to quit. 

Still playing Deadly Premonition 2, 20 + hours in. I haven't talked about this game much so far. All I'm going to say for now is that I enjoy main story quite a lot but the way the game was designed really feels like padding out the game time, so many mandatory fetch quests that takes a week of in-game time because it has to be done on certain days.

Bought Ace Combat 7 again, beat it twice on PS4 and I felt like playing it again while listening to the OST.

Pre-ordered The Diofield Chronicles. I haven't played the demo and barely looked at the game. I'm going in blind. 

And I just bought Fatal Frame: Maiden of the Black Water. I've been wanting to play this game ever since the WiiU version came out but never did for some reason. 

• Upvote 1