The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

The level design in this game is pretty amazing. It's seriously on the level of FromSoft, some of these areas I've been through can get intricate. This game's use of shortcuts is so convenient and well thought out.  Even the structure of the way side quests work seem to have a hand in where short cuts were placed. This game just keeps surprising me with its quality. Really hope the game can keep it up because I'm loving it so far.

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Sabo said:

The level design in this game is pretty amazing. It's seriously on the level of FromSoft, some of these areas I've been through can get intricate. This game's use of shortcuts is so convenient and well thought out.  Even the structure of the way side quests work seem to have a hand in where short cuts were placed. This game just keeps surprising me with its quality. Really hope the game can keep it up because I'm loving it so far.

I got it for ps5. I’ll play it in a bit. :smoke:

4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

@Sabo this game owns! And yeah, the level deign owns. You truly get rewarded for exploring (those shortcuts are a godsend). @Remij @Twinblade you would like this Asterigos game. 

I never actually heard of that game until sabo mentioned it. Let us know if maintains the same level of quality, and I might check it out.

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

I downloaded the demo, will try it out later.

You’ll love it. It just gets better and better. It goes from good to great to amazing. I just beat a pretty awesome boss! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I never actually heard of that game until sabo mentioned it. Let us know if maintains the same level of quality, and I might check it out.

I’m about 5 hours in, and it’s pretty awesome. The constant jump in quality is pretty wild. 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Remij said:

I downloaded the demo, will try it out later.

The demo is just the tutorial zone so it doesn't really highlight how good the level design is going to be. It will give you a good taste of the combat though. Black Street is the first real zone and the demo ends right before it starts.

Edited by Sabo
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m about 5 hours in, and it’s pretty awesome. The constant jump in quality is pretty wild. 

Dude, wait until you get into the Bazaar. That's when the level design starts to pop off. If you're thorough you're going to find paths that will take you back to unexpected places. It's good shit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Dude, wait until you get into the Bazaar. That's when the level design starts to pop off. If you're thorough you're going to find paths that will take you back to unexpected places. It's good shit.

Spoiler

I saved marissa and killed bird bitch. That area OWNS! I’m now trying to figure out how to put out the fire. Edit: I had the ice thing. Jesus lol. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:
  Hide contents

I saved marissa and killed bird bitch. That area OWNS! I’m now trying to figure out how to put out the fire. Edit: I had the ice thing. Jesus lol. 

Spoiler

Yeah, lol. It took me a second to realize you have to use your elemental enhancements to get around environmental hazards too.

Another thing that took me a while to realize is you need to use the Astral Enhancement (default enhancement) to open the blue barrier chests. I ran by like three of them thinking that I didn't have the right ability yet to open them. But nope, just turns out I didn't even bother to try the Astral element to open them until later LOL.

18 minutes ago, Sabo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, lol. It took me a second to realize you have to use your elemental enhancements to get around environmental hazards too.

Another thing that took me a while to realize is you need to use the Astral Enhancement (default enhancement) to open the blue barrier chests. I ran by like three of them thinking that I didn't have the right ability yet to open them. But nope, just turns out I didn't even bother to try the Astral element to open them until later LOL.

All good homie. It’s the eyeball icon. I hid them for ya. And ha! Thanks for the heads up! The difficulty curve is perfect btw. Just when I feel powerful, I meet new enemies that humble me lol. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

All good homie. It’s the eyeball icon. I hid them for ya. And ha! Thanks for the heads up! The difficulty curve is perfect btw. Just when I feel powerful, I meet new enemies that humble me lol. 

Yeah, I think they struck the right balance with the difficulty. It's not hard but it's never too easy either. If you start to get lazy and play sloppy the game will punish that quickly because enemy damage output is pretty high. The challenge is just high enough to force you to pay attention and take each encounter seriously.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Yeah, I think they struck the right balance with the difficulty. It's not hard but it's never too easy either. If you start to get lazy and play sloppy the game will punish that quickly because enemy damage output is pretty high. The challenge is just high enough to force you to pay attention and take each encounter seriously.

Truth!!! 

I just finished playing the demo too and beat the last boss.  Seems alright.  Nothing special from the demo, but I doubt Sabo would be giving such high praise if it wasn't good.  I trust his opinion. (GD too)

I put it on the wishlist and will get it when its on sale.  I love these types of games.. so I'm willing to give it a fair chance.. just at a reduced price.

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1

@Sabo

Spoiler

I deactivated every turret. It’s even saying for me to meet otto on the second floor of the armory. However, Nikka ain’t there. Is there another armory? This is the only place I recall seeing “armory” 

27 minutes ago, Remij said:

I just finished playing the demo too and beat the last boss.  Seems alright.  Nothing special from the demo, but I doubt Sabo would be giving such high praise if it wasn't good.  I trust his opinion. (GD too)

I put it on the wishlist and will get it when its on sale.  I love these types of games.. so I'm willing to give it a fair chance.. just at a reduced price.

For $35, it’s a damn fine deal. The game gets pretty wild. Lots of Fromsoft vibes. 

The demo is mainly just combat focused but combat is just average on a mechanical level. It gets better once you've unlocked some Perks and Skills but honestly its not the combat that impresses me. It's the level design, the level design is the star of the show and the demo doesn't really highlight that.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

@Sabo

Hide contents

I deactivated every turret. It’s even saying for me to meet otto on the second floor of the armory. However, Nikka ain’t there. Is there another armory? This is the only place I recall seeing “armory” 

Spoiler

I'm trying to remember but I think you need to go past the Armory to the Martial Tower. You should bump into him there.