The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just now, madmaltese said:

The Quarry is pretty good! I wouldn't say anywhere near as good as Until Dawn but much better than their Anthology games.

I think it’s way not elaborate than Until Dawn, though. So many crazy plot changes. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

I think it’s way not elaborate than Until Dawn, though. So many crazy plot changes. 

I just got up to a really really cool death scene.

Spoiler

Ariel Winter's character just got her head completely thorn off by the guy who is turning into one of the beasts. Such a good scene. Gory af.

• aitch 1

I wasn't sold on the turn based Italian campaign in Company Of Heroes 3 before, but im definitely starting to dig it. This game's structure is weird though because you have to play through the first parts of this and the Africa campaign in order to get all of the tutorials or else you might miss some crucial bits of info.

The battles are a lot of fun though, especially with all of the added destruction. Hitting a group of enemies with an explosive and seeing all of the resulting debris and smoke is pretty satisfying.

Trails to Azure is very familiar so far, but I can already see some improvements compared to Trails from Zero. The pacing for example is way better. There's still a ton of dialogue but its snappier and characters get to the point quicker,  instead of just sitting around and going on and on forever in excessive information dumps.

I finished the evil within and even though I hated it at first I started to enjoy it even though some insta-kill mechanics were kinda awful. 

Spoiler

The story was honestly ok for me, over the top and weird af until they decided to kill it all by just simply saying:"well, we are in the matrix, nothing is real hehehe" :cat:

Started evil within 2, I'm at chapter 4 and hate it. The story again but also the fact that I'm in a open world-like HUB. :alarm2:

GD, I hope you are right about this game and it will get better for me. 

1 minute ago, kaz said:

I finished the evil within and even though I hated it at first I started to enjoy it even though some insta-kill mechanics were kinda awful. 

Reveal hidden contents

The story was honestly ok for me, over the top and weird af until they decided to kill it all by just simply saying:"well, we are in the matrix, nothing is real hehehe" :cat:

Started evil within 2, I'm at chapter 4 and hate it. The story again but also the fact that I'm in a open world-like HUB. :alarm2:

I enjoyed the game quite a bit, but yeah that plot trope is horrible. It feels like such lazy writing when it happens.

• Upvote 1
On 2023-03-25 at 1:11 PM, kaz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, the story is dumb af. It was just fun, in a nod to old school horror kind of way. 

22 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Oh, the story is dumb af. It was just fun, in a nod to old school horror kind of way. 

I actually started to enjoy it once it becomes more linear. I think the hub areas are stupid. 

And I wish it was still about Ruvik. And where the hell is Joseph? :(   whatever, they had a good chance to make it a cool IP but they just ditched everything from the first game lol 

11 minutes ago, kaz said:

I actually started to enjoy it once it becomes more linear. I think the hub areas are stupid. 

And I wish it was still about Ruvik. And where the hell is Joseph? :(   whatever, they had a good chance to make it a cool IP but they just ditched everything from the first game lol 

Ha yeah, it’s definitely a different game. 

Finished Star Ocean VI (on sale for 27 bucks so I figured why not?)

It was... surprisingly okay. 

First half is honestly good, second half is pretty bad. I'd give it a 6 out of 10, second half really dampens the overall experience. If the second half was better then this would easily be the best SO game and honestly a pretty good JRPG period. Such a shame, SO 6 was so close but yet so far.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Finished Star Ocean VI (on sale for 27 bucks so I figured why not?)

It was... surprisingly okay. 

First half is honestly good, second half is pretty bad. I'd give it a 6 out of 10, second half really dampens the overall experience. If the second half was better then this would easily be the best SO game and honestly a pretty good JRPG period. Such a shame, SO 6 was so close but yet so far.

I still think it was pretty solid game but yeah the 2nd half is very much inferior to the first. Despite going full sci fi the areas you visit just aren't as fleshed out or interesting, and the story gets too ridiculous for its own good.

I'm down with a knee injury so I'm finally playing games again.

I started Prime Remastered this afternoon. I haven't played Prime in around twenty years and it's like I played it last month. Everything is so familiar and I only played Prime once or twice. I didn't realize how much of an impression it had made. The problem is that familiarity dulls the atmosphere when you replay the game. But that's just the hazard of having great atmosphere. 

Otherwise the game plays pretty fast with the modern shooter controls. I thought it would take some of the character out of the game but it doesn't. I like fast. I really prefer it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Finished Wanted Dead. Don't pay 60 bucks for this. Game is alright but what it offers isn't close to being worth it's current price.

The combat is fun but not on the level of stuff like Bayo, NG, DMC. It's on the tier with stuff like Nightshade, Otogi, Gunvalkyrie, etc. Bosses are all pretty easy, the 2nd boss is the hardest by far. Enemy variety is lacking but what's here is decent enough.

Game is also short, there's only 5 levels. Quite a few minigames though but the minigames range from being too simple to ridiculously hard (Ramen and Karaoke minigames are fuckin' nuts).

I don't play Action games for their story but the story in this game is incoherent as fuck. It honestly seems like it's trying to tell 3 different stories at once. Don't even get me started on the voice acting... Apparently it was intentional for it to be bad and to that I'd say they overachieved. Its horrendous, easily the worst I've heard in years.

As for the difficulty, for all the teams talk about this game being a tough as nails, old school experience I'd have to say the difficulty isn't that tough. Even the hardest setting didn't bring much of a step up in challenge. Wanted Dead at its hardest sits somewhere between NGB's Hard and Very Hard difficulties; or if you want a NG2 example then it sits between Way of the Warrior and Way of the Mentor. Wanted Dead doesn't come close to Master Ninja levels of difficulty.

So yeah, game is fun but it's hard to recommend at it's current price. If you're interested then definitely wait for a sale. 

• Upvote 2
20 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Still very slowly playing my way through Wolong. Feel like I'm fairly deep now and up to a boss fight that is giving me a little bit of trouble which is a nice surprise. 

I kinda just fell off. Good game, I don't really have anything wrong with it.

Might jump back in eventually but it really didn't hold me like I thought it might.

9 hours ago, Casual said:

I kinda just fell off. Good game, I don't really have anything wrong with it.

Might jump back in eventually but it really didn't hold me like I thought it might.

Yeah totally understandable. It's easier difficulty makes it more approachable but then also had the impact that I was never truly drawn in. 

Also while I really like the individual levels, they also make the game a little less engrossing. Didn't really feel any sense of discovery or cool level design. 

Fun game and I'd prob give it an 8, but no where near the top games of it's genre.

started doom eternal, why the fuck do they put this boring ass tutorial in the game - just let me shoot demon assholes :D 

• Haha 1

There have been too many distractions lately but i've been playing more Trails to Azure, about 22 hours in at the moment. The storytelling in this game is just fantastic, it really puts most JPRGs to shame with its approach to world building and geo politics. Its just too bad the graphics are so simple and archaic, this is one game that's begging for a proper remake.

• Upvote 1

I put in a good 6 hours into Bloodborne last night and this morning. I’m hooked lol. The 30 FPS bugged me, at first, but now I’m fine. The praise for its pacing, level design and artistry is warranted. Excellent, so far. Little tricks like the music box and the blood cocktails for certain bosses = super cool. I just beat the Blood-starved Beast. Now, I’m just trying to figure out what to do next. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1