The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Dark did you play AP with a mouse? I'm getting some crazy shit trying to play with one.

I was reading about AP on RPS, he made it out to be utterly unplayable with anything but a 360 controller

Dark did you play AP with a mouse? I'm getting some crazy shit trying to play with one.

Yea I played the whole game with KB&M. Like I said before, that computer hacking minigame is a nightmare with KB&M (especially near the end). Everything else is manageable.

I was reading about AP on RPS, he made it out to be utterly unplayable with anything but a 360 controller

I read that article too, it's a bit of an exaggeration. It's definitely playable with KB&M, I think the controls for the 360 controller aren't that great either. In general, the game's controls suck.

just found this for AP

I pinched this from the Obsidian forum, and it completely fixed the wild camera swings and stuttering:

Open "APEngine.ini" located at "X:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config" and change the following:

UseBackgroundLevelStreaming=false

OnlyStreamInTextures=true

OneFrameThreadLag=False

just found this for AP

I pinched this from the Obsidian forum, and it completely fixed the wild camera swings and stuttering:

Open "APEngine.ini" located at "X:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config" and change the following:

OneFrameThreadLag=False

That's the problems i was getting, i'll try that, because the stuttering and retarded camera swings were too annoying.

just found this for AP

OneFrameThreadLag=False

Niice, will try this

So for some reason, i installed all the mods and wide-screen mods and started replaying planescape torment. This game is so amazing, what's pretty cool, is i'm doing things completely different from my first play through.:o Also started downloading alpha protocol.:)

Spent a good amount of time with RDR over the weekend and I'm really diggin' it. Kinda surprised TBH, these open world games usually don't do it for me but something about the authenticity of the world, shooting Mexicans and Indians just gets me all excited. Not to mention being able fast travel. :love:

Played a 5 hour chunk of SMG2 over the weekend, so I'm barely at 40 stars, I would've gone further into the game, but I want to complete all the available stars in the early galaxies, that includes prankster comets that pop up. I'm also trying to finish Alan Wake, I am in the middle of Chapter 4. Even though there are 6 chapters, some of them can feel quite long and extensive, especially after finishing chapter 3. They totally nail down that Northwestern creepy forest atmosphere perfectly, absolutely perfect. I'm kind of glad the game is linear, because I wouldn't want to play it if the forest was truly open ended.

Played a 5 hour chunk of SMG2 over the weekend, so I'm barely at 40 stars, I would've gone further into the game, but I want to complete all the available stars in the early galaxies, that includes prankster comets that pop up.

I'm also trying to finish Alan Wake, I am in the middle of Chapter 4. Even though there are 6 chapters, some of them can feel quite long and extensive, especially after finishing chapter 3. They totally nail down that Northwestern creepy forest atmosphere perfectly, absolutely perfect. I'm kind of glad the game is linear, because I wouldn't want to play it if the forest was truly open ended.

the game definitely works better as a linear experience.

Guest C.M.

Played a 5 hour chunk of SMG2 over the weekend, so I'm barely at 40 stars, I would've gone further into the game, but I want to complete all the available stars in the early galaxies, that includes prankster comets that pop up.

I'm also trying to finish Alan Wake, I am in the middle of Chapter 4. Even though there are 6 chapters, some of them can feel quite long and extensive, especially after finishing chapter 3. They totally nail down that Northwestern creepy forest atmosphere perfectly, absolutely perfect. I'm kind of glad the game is linear, because I wouldn't want to play it if the forest was truly open ended.

exactly. Sometimes I question if some of the people here even know what makes a good game. So many people here wanted it to be non-linear. That totally kills story-telling/pacing.

exactly. Sometimes I question if some of the people here even know what makes a good game. So many people here wanted it to be non-linear. That totally kills story-telling/pacing.

agreed.

I almost would get angry that they had open areas around the linear path. Because I am trying to get those Thermos and manuscript pages, and I'm cynical thinking that if they have an explorable area its because there's a possibility that they put in a collectible item in that area. For MOST of the manuscripts, thats not true, they actually do a good job putting it pretty close and visible on the main path during a level, except for a couple of times. So alot of times I veer off into the heavy foilage, find NOTHING, and then get attacked by enemies that respawned so I lose ammo.