The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Sekiro is trash for masochistic gamers, and this comes from someone who beat all Souls games solo no problem.

lmao bruh, I think you're just rusty. Sekiro is by far the easiest game in the series aside from like two bosses that are just otherworldly in their difficulty.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

That was going to be my next purchase. That and Samurai Shodown but Idk, I feel like gaming again was actually a huge waste of time and I don't think a 50+ hours game like Judgment is what I need right now.

Yeah I understand. I just finished it and it was a hell of a game, took me 44 hours but I did a bunch of side stuff too. I think the story by itself is 30-35 hours long at least, so even if you just blast through it’s still going to take a while.

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

lmao bruh, I think you're just rusty. Sekiro is by far the easiest game in the series aside from like two bosses that are just otherworldly in their difficulty.

No way. The easiest is still Demon's Souls, then Dark Souls 2, then Bloodborne. 

Sekiro is so far the hardest of the bunch. I kept playing btw, finally killed Genichiro. I feel like cheesing through the game is the only way to be succesful, trying to legit fight everything only gets me killed. It's not the case with other Souls games. And you don't need to master the combat, and you can always raise a few levels to give you an edge. 

56 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I understand. I just finished it and it was a hell of a game, took me 44 hours but I did a bunch of side stuff too. I think the story by itself is 30-35 hours long at least, so even if you just blast through it’s still going to take a while.

I'll get it but I need to finish Sekiro first. One game at a time for me from now on.

41 minutes ago, Ramza said:

No way. The easiest is still Demon's Souls, then Dark Souls 2, then Bloodborne. 

Sekiro is so far the hardest of the bunch. I kept playing btw, finally killed Genichiro. I feel like cheesing through the game is the only way to be succesful, trying to legit fight everything only gets me killed. It's not the case with other Souls games. And you don't need to master the combat, and you can always raise a few levels to give you an edge. 

Genichiro should be the point of the game where it finally clicks. You are near forced to beat Genichiro by learning the power of the parry. When you get that down the game is a breeze.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Genichiro should be the point of the game where it finally clicks. You are near forced to beat Genichiro by learning the power of the parry. When you get that down the game is a breeze.

Tell that to the mid bosses that are harder than him. :|

Not like I don't understand the mechanics. And I can parry supers in Third Strike, which is a lot harder than anything in Sekiro. You need to learn patters recognition first. And that goes for even normal enemies. Souls games are a lot easier than this crazy shit.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Tell that to the mid bosses that are harder than him. :|

Not like I don't understand the mechanics. And I can parry supers in Third Strike, which is a lot harder than anything in Sekiro. You need to learn patters recognition first. And that goes for even normal enemies. Souls games are a lot easier than this crazy shit.

The only normal enemies that really whooped my ass were the monks with spears. Other than that you can really fly through some areas. I think you're still accustomed to the Souls gameplay and maybe trying to play that way. I know I did early on and was getting destroyed.

Just now, madmaltese said:

The only normal enemies that really whooped my ass were the monks with spears. Other than that you can really fly through some areas. I think you're still accustomed to the Souls gameplay and maybe trying to play that way. I know I did early on and was getting destroyed.

A lot of normal enemies are deadly, unless you know the appropriate tools to take them down easy. The monks with spears aren't so bad after you learn the Mikiri counter. 

44 minutes ago, Ramza said:

A lot of normal enemies are deadly, unless you know the appropriate tools to take them down easy. The monks with spears aren't so bad after you learn the Mikiri counter. 

Yeah that was one technique i never really mastered and sort of just worked around it

Yeah that was my one disappoiintment with Sekiro, the normal guys were too easy. 

I barely even used the attachments or whatever they're called. The window for parry and such is too large and it's pretty forgiving to spam. 

Sekiro eases up, it seems way more difficult initially because it punishes you for playing it like the games you've already played for nearly a decade.

22 hours ago, Ramza said:

I'm done, fuck gaming. DMCV was okay but ultimately forgettable. Sekiro is trash for masochistic gamers, and this comes from someone who beat all Souls games solo no problem. MK11 is clunky trash that's not fun to learn. 

Only game I truly loved this year was AC7 and even that had some awful missions. 

Fuck all of this. What a waste of life.

Agree on sekiro. I made it to the last boss and I said forget it. Soon as I think I'm starting to love it, I'm reminded why I hate it. Honestly a lot of bosses or mid bosses just take too damn long and it's more tedious than anything. In souls I'm happy when I beat a boss. In sekiro in just relieved that garbage boss is over.

There was only a handful of bosses that would take a dumb amount of time, no worse than anything in previous FromSoft games. Funnily enough it was the bosses that felt like Souls bosses that were actually the longer encounters

Playing Bloodborne for the first time in like 3 years. 

Just one shot BSB without getting hit once. I remember dying like 40 times to this guy the first time lol. Sekiro made me a beast B)

Edited by Casual
28 minutes ago, Casual said:

Playing Bloodborne for the first time in like 3 years. 

Just one shot BSB without getting hit once. I remember dying like 40 times to this guy the first time lol. Sekiro made me a beast B)

The hardest boss is the 30fps with frametime inconsistencies :smilecry: