The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Casual said:

I didn’t even know that was a thing tbh. What point do they even give you that option? 

tbh I’m not sure I enjoy the Zelda combat itself enough to do hero mode though

when you create your file.   Hero mode removes heart drops and enemies takes. more hits to die. 

Finished Link's Awakening. Solid game, but it didn't really resonate with me as much as I thought it would. I actually wish Nintendo would make an all new game with this design and perspective, similar to Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. The more I think about it the more I realize that those might actually be my 2 favorite games in the series. I think they really nailed the balance between having enough old school trappings but also adding a ton of new mechanics and ideas.

Edited by Twinblade
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Finished Link's Awakening. Solid game, but it didn't really resonate with me as much as I thought it would. I actually wish Nintendo would make an all new game with this design and perspective, similar to Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. The more I think about it the more I realize that those might actually be my 2 favorite games in the series. I think they really nailed the balance between having enough old school trappings but also adding a ton of new mechanics and ideas.

i think it resonated strongly with me because it was a barebones zelda, with no tacked on gimmicks. yeah, it's a familiar formula, but i wanted familiar. but i see where you are coming from. 

20 hours ago, Ike said:

You fools should play A Link Between Worlds if you haven't. It's my favorite Zelda of this decade.

Yep. I hope they bring it to Switch, I'd like to play it again but I busted my 3DS out a few months again and can't go back. 

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Yep. I hope they bring it to Switch, I'd like to play it again but I busted my 3DS out a few months again and can't go back. 

it's on switch if you have the online. it's one of the free games. 

Got to the time skip in Three Houses and I think i’m good. Combat is solid enough despite being a pretty easy game but the chore portions are so bad. 

Edited by soup

Just beat Links Awakening. Amazing. The last two dungeons were great, couldn’t put it down from the start of Eagles Nest. Definitely in my top 3 games of the year so far. Think I’ll go finish Fire Emblem up next. 

switch is on fire this year. Probably grab DQ after FE and then Luigis Mansion in October. 

Edited by Casual
6 hours ago, Ramza said:

Bought Blood and Truth for PSVR. It's fucking great. The story is actually good with quality voice acting, an anomaly within the typical low budget VR games I play.

dude i remember seeing a trailer for that couple months ago. It looks fucking amazing.

I just the main portion of Untitled Goose Game, which is nice palette cleanser to play over the course of a couple of days.

I might have spent more time than I wanted on the "additional" tasks because once I found one of those, the second list full of "???" tasks appeared, and I felt that I had to experiment to discover those secret tasks. So I was spending some time messing with other stuff just because it was interactive, and it felt like there was a reason why I could interact with it, therefore it must serve a gameplay purpose. So I probably spent 4-5 hours playing a game that should only be about 3 hours.

Just do what they clearly tell you to do, and after that, they will show additional lists. So I want to do the additional of unique tasks. The other list is just a speedrun list., I might stop playing at that point.

It was definitely an enjoyable short game, it has a neat look.

17 hours ago, soup said:

Got to the time skip in Three Houses and I think i’m good. Combat is solid enough despite being a pretty easy game but the chore portions are so bad. 

They take like 5-10 min lol. Also, there are barely any in the second half of the game. 

15 hours ago, Casual said:

Just beat Links Awakening. Amazing. The last two dungeons were great, couldn’t put it down from the start of Eagles Nest. Definitely in my top 3 games of the year so far. Think I’ll go finish Fire Emblem up next. 

switch is on fire this year. Probably grab DQ after FE and then Luigis Mansion in October. 

Word! Fantastic level design.