Sign in to follow this  
Cookester15

PlayBook 2.0 puts HTML5 compatibility 2nd highest next to Chrome16

"I usually disable flash/Java support and my playbook loads pages faster"

"If you turn off Flash, checkerboarding is greatly reduced."

"browsing on the playbook is like watching a match between 2 chess grandmasters."

These comments are all about 2.0b too. :ben:

um you do realize the beta came out in october 2011? a lot has changed since then.

I dont have either tablet, because I have a functional netbook, but if I was given the choice, it'd be a playbook. Why anyone would want only partial access to youtube on a portable device is beyond me.

You can't run YouTube and another tab on Playbook without it pausing the video either.

"download simple browser you will have two different browsers and you will be able to use one browser to work and the other one to play youtube videos!! thats what i do"

Unless you want to jump through hoops :laff:

Not only can you run a youtube video but you can do just about anything while it's running in the background.

"if I have 2 browsers open like the native browser and the comic sans browser and I go to youtube on one of them. One of them in the multitasking view becomes black and I lose audio."

It's not as flawless as you want us to believe. There are hundreds of threads on wonky showcase behavior on Crackberry. :reg:

Yea and I can recount lots of wonky behavior I've experienced running on the Ipad. I use the website seekingalpha for stocks and market news and it's a total pain in the ass to use. Most people who use Ipads are too dumb to realize that they aren't getting full web browsing functionality because it just doesnt show it. I dont care if it (the playbook)took 5 extra seconds to load a page, it atleast loads it with all the multimedia content intended to be on the page. For a multimedia device, the ipad sure hates internet video. Once again, I reiterate, I dont have a playbook, but the browsing experience is vastly superior to the ipad's. If i wanted the mobile version of something, id use a damn ipod touch.

Edited by Smoothizzle

he's Googling right now trying to figure out what stupid shit makes the full version of FB on a tablet better than the iOS version :laff:

i already answered that.

lol right. and i stated those already exist on the app and Timeline is in the next update. so what else do you have?

I dont have either tablet, because I have a functional netbook, but if I was given the choice, it'd be a playbook. Why anyone would want only partial access to youtube on a portable device is beyond me.

You can't run YouTube and another tab on Playbook without it pausing the video either.

"download simple browser you will have two different browsers and you will be able to use one browser to work and the other one to play youtube videos!! thats what i do"

Not only can you run a youtube video but you can do just about anything while it's running in the background.

"if I have 2 browsers open like the native browser and the comic sans browser and I go to youtube on one of them. One of them in the multitasking view becomes black and I lose audio."

It's not as flawless as you want us to believe. There are hundreds of threads on wonky showcase behavior on Crackberry. :reg:

Yea and I can recount lots of wonky behavior I've experienced running on the Ipad. I use the website seekingalpha for stocks and market news and it's a total pain in the ass to use. Most people who use Ipads are too dumb to realize that they aren't getting full web browsing functionality because it just doesnt show it. I dont care if it took 5 extra seconds to load a page, it atleast loads it with all the multimedia content intended to be on the page. For a multimedia device, the ipad sure hates internet video.

and flash, and has shitty speakers, and shitty cameras, and even the dpi is lower. Overpriced cult trash.

he's Googling right now trying to figure out what stupid shit makes the full version of FB on a tablet better than the iOS version :laff:

i already answered that.

lol right. and i stated those already exist on the app and Timeline is in the next update. so what else do you have?

not every app works on the facebook app salad. And we dont have to wait for updates.. there is no downloading updates. ITS THE FULL FUCKING SITE AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE. fuckfucks continue to rape themselves.

I'll be sure to bump this once iPad 3 vs 2.0 comparisons drop then :laff:

yeah comparing a 2012 device vs a 2011 device, a 800 dollar tablet vs a 200 dollar tablet :will: .. good one. Ok we will compare ipad3 vs the new playbook later this year and see how it stacks up.

Edited by BlackBerry

Yea and I can recount lots of wonky behavior I've experienced running on the Ipad. I use the website seekingalpha for stocks and market news and it's a total pain in the ass to use. Most people who use Ipads are too dumb to realize that they aren't getting full web browsing functionality because it just doesnt show it. I dont care if it took 5 extra seconds to load a page, it atleast loads it with all the multimedia content intended to be on the page. For a multimedia device, the ipad sure hates internet video.

and flash, and has shitty speakers, and shitty cameras, and even the dpi is lower. Overpriced cult trash.

i already answered that.

not every app works on the facebook app salad. And we dont have to wait for updates.. there is no downloading updates. ITS THE FULL FUCKING SITE AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE. fuckfucks continue to rape themselves.

so you'd rather play shit like fuckin Farmville in-browser than a native app? LMAO okay dude.

if youd rather browse a non-touch optimized website over a touch optimized app which features pretty much every thing the full website offers with MUCH better UI and navigation, on top of native apps, that's all you hahaha

Has anyone used the mobile version of youtube? It fucking blows and 90% of the time you can't find the music you're looking for, especially if you're just looking for a studio version and not some wonky band cover or something. Fuck that

i already answered that.

so you'd rather play shit like fuckin Farmville in-browser than a native app? LMAO okay dude.

if youd rather browse a non-touch optimized website over a touch optimized app which features pretty much every thing the full website offers with MUCH better UI and navigation, on top of native apps, that's all you hahaha

its about options salad.. and pb has both.

yeah comparing a 2012 device vs a 2011 device, a 800 dollar tablet vs a 200 dollar tablet :will: .. good one. Ok we will compare ipad3 vs the new playbook later this year and see how it stacks up.

HERP DERP YEA COMPARING A 2011 OS TO A 2012 OS GOOD ONE :lemming:

lol PB was actually a $500 tablet before PB got desperate. stop trying to floss it like it was built to be a $200 tablet. it couldnt compete with the iPad because it pretty much sucks ass. you're still comparing a $500 tablet to a $500 tablet. :laff:

lol PB was actually a $500 tablet before PB got desperate. stop trying to floss it like it was built to be a $200 tablet. it couldnt compete with the iPad because it pretty much sucks ass. you're still comparing a $500 tablet to a $500 tablet. :laff:

whats so special about the os on ipad3? will it look like an ipod again? :ANYWORD:

Music on YouTube rivals the quality of a cassette tape. I'll check out a track or two but I will take MP3s, Shoutcast, Pandora, etc over that for serious listening.

Cooke raging ITT. Look at all those caps and obscenities. Winning that argument alright. :laff:

It couldn't compete because of the fact that it isn't made by apple and by the time it came out, RIMM's reputation was tarnished, not because it was a bad product.

i already answered that.

its about options salad.. and pb has both.

option to what? shittier navigation? lol okay. i can browse the full website on my iPad too, dumdum.

Music on YouTube rivals the quality of a cassette tape. I'll check out a track or two but I will take MP3s, Shoutcast, Pandora, etc over that for serious listening.

Cooke raging ITT. Look at all those caps and obscenities. Winning that argument alright. :laff:

lol poor guy, I guess it would be kind of inconvenient to be able to find music on youtube. I'll cross my fingers and hope it comes on Pandora instead B)

As far as tablets and functionality goes, the Playbook is much better than the ipad... if it wasn't for the appstore, people would see that... but because apple has it's app store people buy it up...

No you're not getting the picture here peter puffer. Dedicated software on a mobile device is simply better. Facebook, ESPN, Twitter, etc are not "web ports."

Blackberry fanboys

no. the facebook app is not better than the real website.. Sorry kiddo.

LMAO yes it is

LMAO NO IT ISNT.

lol yeah it is faggot.

It's 2012 and there is still no real multi-tasking on iOS, that's all that really needs to be said. You dont need a blackberry playbook to make the Ipad look silly, plenty of Android tablets blow it away as well.