Sign in to follow this  
Cookester15

PlayBook 2.0 puts HTML5 compatibility 2nd highest next to Chrome16

I'll be sure to bump this once iPad 3 vs 2.0 comparisons drop then :laff:

yeah comparing a 2012 device vs a 2011 device, a 800 dollar tablet vs a 200 dollar tablet :will: .. good one. Ok we will compare ipad3 vs the new playbook later this year and see how it stacks up.

HERP DERP YEA COMPARING A 2011 OS TO A 2012 OS GOOD ONE :lemming:

lol PB was actually a $500 tablet before PB got desperate. stop trying to floss it like it was built to be a $200 tablet. it couldnt compete with the iPad because it pretty much sucks ass. you're still comparing a $500 tablet to a $500 tablet. :laff:

whats so special about the os on ipad3? will it look like an ipod again? :ANYWORD:

lol this dork JUST got native email, calendar, contacts, and fuckin TEXT PREDICTION thinking PB is all hot shit now. christ.

Since iOS 4 all supported applications pause and resume from where you closed it. It's a tablet not a notebook computer. Why would I want something running in the background stealing CPU cycles and draining battery if I'm not using it?

Resuming from where I left off when I switch back is multitasking on a mobile device. You are not going to be displaying multiple apps on the screen at the same time. See here is more of that "looking good on paper" shit I was talking about.

As far as tablets and functionality goes, the Playbook is much better than the ipad... if it wasn't for the appstore, people would see that... but because apple has it's app store people buy it up...

Playbook isn't the perfect device, neither is the Ipad or any other tablet. However, this image of the Ipad being far and away the best tablet ever is the reverberation of pretentious douchebags talking about how great it is in a desperate attempt to justify buying a giant Ipod touch that can't even use the full version of Youtube. It can have 10 billion apps, but what the fuck does it even matter? How many apps are there nowadays that arent made for Android? How many of those apps are created because the browser on the ipad doesnt cut the mustard so they have to make a work around?

If you're relying on YouTube for music I feel bad for you son. I'll stick with my music in the cloud available whenever I want it. B)

Did you mean to put buy it from the Apple Store? Your fixation on the music aspect of this is funny because that is just one example of the things that are hard to find on mobile youtube. The idea of a tablet is already stupid in it's own right, but the Ipad proves that with the right marketing and rabid fanbase, that anything can be sold.

I can stand behind the ipod touch, a fantastic device that serves tons of purposes and it fits in your pocket, thats fucking sick. The different mac laptops are all cool and sleek and good at what they do, but the Ipad is far and away one of the most overrated devices in the history of electronics. It is shocking the lengths people go to convince themselves this device is worth a damn. I'm not sure why any of the other electronics companies even bother making their own tablets because it doesn't matter what they add to it, not the hdmi-out, real multi-tasking, desktop-like web browsing experience, expandable memory; none of it actually matters because the buyers of ipads aren't looking for functionality or a useful device, they are just looking for another device made by Apple.

Edited by Smoothizzle

The HTML5 version of YouTube works exceptionally well on Android, iOS even my desktop. Has HD support along with annotations and subtitles, just like the normal site does and it continues to improve. Buying music? That shit is for the birds. I use my own music. Drag and drop that shit in iTunes, wifi sync or put it in the cloud. No purchases required.

I guess it's a philosophical difference. Fumbling around to find music on YouTube while driving will get me a ticket for sure. Flipping through cover flow is easier and safer :tard:

Edited by Mindphaser

The HTML5 version of YouTube works exceptionally well on Android, iOS even my desktop. Has HD support along with annotations and subtitles, just like the normal site does and it continues to improve. Buying music? That shit is for the birds. I use my own music. Drag and drop that shit in iTunes, wifi sync or put it in the cloud. No purchases required.

I guess it's a philosophical difference. Fumbling around to find music on YouTube while driving will get me a ticket for sure. Flipping through cover flow is easier and safer :tard:

I guess it is a philosophical difference that you wont see me using a 10 inch tablet to listen to music in my car. I really can't even believe you admitted to doing that, you need help son.

Lol why do sheep hate Apple so much?

why do you hate playbook so much?

lol like everyone else, I don't give a shit about playbook.

then dont post in this thread, or any thread related to blackberry and blackberry products. Show us you don't care by ignoring it.

Lol why do sheep hate Apple so much?

why do you hate playbook so much?

lol like everyone else, I don't give a shit about playbook.

then dont post in this thread, or any thread related to blackberry and blackberry products. Show us you don't care by ignoring it.

I show I don't care by laughing at your insecure ass.

Isn't the Playbook getting Android?

what do you mean getting android? currently thousands of devs are porting their android apps over to playbook for the 2.0 launch. I dont want android os on my playbook, ewww no thank you.

what do you mean getting android? currently thousands of devs are porting their android apps over to playbook for the 2.0 launch. I dont want android os on my playbook, ewww no thank you.

Didn't they say they were releasing something Android related in Februrary?

Didn't they say they were releasing something Android related in Februrary?

yeah android apps. 2.0 makes it extremely easy for devs to build apps cross platform now, or simply port over an existing app.