DURANGO Devkit Features a "Monster" 16 Core IBM Power PC CPU

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

16 core 64 thread cpu with 4 GPUS and 12g of ram

So if all the next platforms are weak the obvious choice is WiiU because I like the first party the best and it's coming first, but if Durango is this beast and Sony and Nintendo's consoles are weak it would be kind of fitting considering the state of the japanese economy. MS could potentially dominate powerwise next gen and release a console at similar price if they want to take a loss on it. If that's the case Sony and Nintendo could get right fucked, I'll be getting a 720 and maybe a WiiU down the line when it drops in price.

So it's a 4x4. makes sense.. 4 cores.. with 4 virtual cores each.

Yea, it makes sense why someone might think it has 16 cores... but "threads" should have been the word used.

Still, this thing will be a beast when the games developed actually take advantage of all of that.

They will now and they won't have a choice. I wish they would have gone with at least 6 cores tho.

you really aren't in the tech business are you? i tried to go along with your gimmick but you consistently display your lack of knowledge to an extent that I can no longer ignore.

stfu n00b, you can't even get a job because you suck so much. You don't know jack shit loser. http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/laugh.gif

piece of shit befaggon doesn't even know how to troubleshoot a bsod yet he makes himself out to be a genius programmer.. lmfao

I love when these kids get outta school and think they know everything when all they've learned was from books mostly and have no real world experience. Come see me in 5-10 years and then we can talk technology.

My favorite chord to strike.... Rage in e minor

So it's a 4x4. makes sense.. 4 cores.. with 4 virtual cores each.

Yea, it makes sense why someone might think it has 16 cores... but "threads" should have been the word used.

Still, this thing will be a beast when the games developed actually take advantage of all of that.

They will now and they won't have a choice. I wish they would have gone with at least 6 cores tho.

you really aren't in the tech business are you? i tried to go along with your gimmick but you consistently display your lack of knowledge to an extent that I can no longer ignore.

stfu n00b, you can't even get a job because you suck so much. You don't know jack shit loser. http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/laugh.gif

piece of shit befaggon doesn't even know how to troubleshoot a bsod yet he makes himself out to be a genius programmer.. lmfao

I love when these kids get outta school and think they know everything when all they've learned was from books mostly and have no real world experience. Come see me in 5-10 years and then we can talk technology.

My favorite chord to strike.... Rage in e minor

But it's true. lmao.. Remember that bsod you got and you were crying because you didn't know how to fix it? Maybe I can find the thread..

And then I went into detail on how to troubleshoot and you were embarrassed and said you already knew that info but you obviously didn't? lmao

But then you come on here claiming to be a 1337 hacker with a degree but can't even fix your own computer. That shit was priceless! Good to know your university education is being put to good use. Oh wait, no it's not, you don't, or should I say "can't" find a job. I bet you I could find a job for myself that paid min 80 grand by Friday if I had to. lol It would just be temporary mind you but 80k will do in the short term until I find something better. That's if I was really stuck and had to get a job asap which isn't the case.

Edited by Spicalicious

i was pointing out that it was hilarious that in 2012 i was still getting BSOD's you tard you went on some self-approval spree and went linkhunting faster than guilty in a thread about trade embargos THE FIX!!!!! just guess what it was. hit the power button. OMG THANK YOU SPICOLI FOR TEACHING ME Now, on to why we got into this. Please explain to me, technically, exactly why you are upset with the core architecture they went with instead of 6. Even if you think I wont understand, let's hear it. Also be sure to include all your knowledge on the changes they make to the chips, the time spent programming to a specific architecture, and whatnot compared to regular cpus.

i was pointing out that it was hilarious that in 2012 i was still getting BSOD's you tard

you went on some self-approval spree and went linkhunting faster than guilty in a thread about trade embargos

THE FIX!!!!! just guess what it was.

hit the power button.

OMG THANK YOU SPICOLI FOR TEACHING ME

Now, on to why we got into this. Please explain to me, technically, exactly why you are upset with the core architecture they went with instead of 6. Even if you think I wont understand, let's hear it. Also be sure to include all your knowledge on the changes they make to the chips, the time spent programming to a specific architecture, and whatnot compared to regular cpus.

You got one of these? lol. Know your role. Like I need to explain myself to you. http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/laugh.gif

Posted Image

Edited by Spicalicious

oh my god... i'm spicoli

If true i pity you my friend.

I pity both you nitwits. Good luck with your lives. http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/laugh.gif PEI.. rolf.. shittiest part of the country.

I also wonder how many others on this forum have good jobs? Just a few I could think of, the rest are mostly scrubs.

is sony is making a big mistake going with bulldozer? that cpu is garbage, at least when running windows, maybe it can do better without ms's OS?

A consoles O/S is alot simpler than Windows.

So it's a 4x4. makes sense.. 4 cores.. with "4 virtual cores" or threads each. Not 16 full cores. But must be better for doing multiple things at once still.

Now that would make sense.