Early Impressions of the PS3 version of GTA V are ..... expected.

Basically it's a carbon copy of GTA IV then as far as game performance goes. Teen digit FPS with any amount of action on the screen.

Well if it was good enough last time no sense whining about it this time.

PS3 version of V is better than IV's, and both versions are the same in V. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not be surprised if the 360 version is better, but I'll wait until df does a comparison. I still gotta finish sleeping dogs on pc (which I love).

It probably will be better in terms of frame rate, but the average for IV on 360 was around 30fps while PS3's was 27fps.

PS3 would drop further (they both had drops), going as low as 23fps.

Frankly, those are not catastrophic numbers, while not pretty either. But people here like to believe shit like 'teen FPS numbers' lmfao morons.

I would not be surprised if the 360 version is better, but I'll wait until df does a comparison. I still gotta finish sleeping dogs on pc (which I love).

It probably will be better in terms of frame rate, but the average for IV on 360 was around 30fps while PS3's was 27fps.

Frankly, those are not catastrophic numbers, while not pretty either. But people here like to believe shit like 'teen FPS numbers' lmfao morons.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digitalfoundry-gta-iv-frame-rate-analysis

Interesting  DigitalFoundry footage from back in the day.

Towards the end of the vid when they start showing some actual action i see the PS3 version sitting at 20 fps  and dipping below a couple of times but what do i know, I'm a moron.

From the GAF threads, it seems like both versions are pretty equal overall. In terms of FPS, the 360 may have somewhat of an advantage, but both have FPS drops. Nothing too bad though. When it comes to pop-in, the 360 version is supposedly noticeably worse. 

Towards the end of the vid when they start showing some actual action i see the PS3 version sitting at 20 fps  and dipping below a couple of times but what do i know, I'm a moron.

It took a view of the whole city from a helicopter to get it down to 20fps lol (360 sitting at 24fps btw)

It took a view of the whole city from a helicopter to get it down to 20fps lol (360 sitting at 24fps btw)

That negates me being right how exactly? :smug:

That negates me being right how exactly? :smug:

Because the PS3 version never actually dips below 20?

Unless you count this weird dip that took both console versions down to a super low-fps for a second when the camera shot changed. And that happened only once. 

29oh5sj.png

So yes, you're wrong, and a moron :smug:

Here's some PS3 footage. It seems to look and run just fine.

*No Spoilers - Just a red car trying to shake his 2 stars.

El icko. Can you turn off those cinematic camera angles and slow-mo when you're driving? That's obnoxious. 

Thanks. Can't believe how good this game looks for such old consoles.

El icko. Can you turn off those cinematic camera angles and slow-mo when you're driving? That's obnoxious. 

The cinematic camera was in any GTA game, you're never forced to switch to it, it's just another angle.

Not sure about the slow-mo but I think it's one of Franklin's special ability.

Thanks. Can't believe how good this game looks for such old consoles.

The cinematic camera was in any GTA game, you're never forced to switch to it, it's just another angle.

Not sure about the slow-mo but I think it's one of Franklin's special ability.

For real. This generation has easily had the best consoles in terms of graphical longevity.

How the fuck can you not know even the most basic shit about GTA?

Non Gamer Confirmed.

Radio station is WAY better and lol @ the soft top being retractable, good detail.

:cosby2:

I couldn't agree more, Truno. The improvement of early to late current gen games is a huge gap. More so that any other generations that I can remember.

How the fuck can you not know even the most basic shit about GTA?

Non Gamer Confirmed.

You're strutting over your knowledge of GTA, arguable the most casual core franchise of them all? lol

Saucer has been exposed as a filthy non-gamer Sheep he is. You can ask him about Chibi Robo though, he knows everything about that game. :laff: