Sign in to follow this  
HolyAx

Systemwars.com video-game revealed (Footage + info)

no links yet, but here's a watered-down gif instead

SWgameUntitled_zps40c67cf8.gif?t=1382131

Heres what to expect

• Roster of over 30 characters
  • Customizable moves
  • Online play
  • Boss battles
  • Unlockable posters who stopped posting here (xeternity, teh terlo, electrodynamo etc.)
  • Classic battle locations, such as the wasteland, the score desert, the lawns, Aza's bedroom, Saucer's capcom torture chamber and more
  • All characters have 2 types of health bars: physical and mental. Whichever one runs out first leads to K.O.
  • Moves also divided into physical and mental.
  • No guarantee of any of this

raw menu attempt

pimpUntitled_zps215513d0.gif

a bit of history

Spoiler

Long time ago some hermit (who doesnt post here anymore) wanted to do a shoot-em up sw game, but I've never seen the project take off. It's been years since then, but I think the core idea about the forum game would be even more fun now. The site's history has gotten bigger and the community's unique characters are now more recognizable than ever before.

Yea, a lot of you still complain about how bad this place is and how you don't care if it shuts down, yet you never managed to leave (or you came back shortly after), so there must be some value here after all :TJ:  I guess the general stupidity and freedom of speech spiced up with hobby debates make this place a nice escape from the conventional boards. And since I've been here for so long, I thought its time to do some sort of landmark.

Pokemon pics and comics are fun and all, but to get to the deeper core of the forum there has to be something that defines the concept. So since SW's real essence is in games and arguments, what better way to capture this spirit than with a fighting game B)

technical stuff

Spoiler

Truno.

None of this is possible without a programmer, and Truno is probably the only person here who knows a thing or two about constructing games (I hope).

I can do all the animation, sp effects and designs, but without someone who can make it interactive it's the dead end.

It's not gonna be easy, though trying this project as an experiment should be a great experience for anyone interested in working for the industry. Any takers?

More screens coming soon

• Upvote 1

if you use the unity engine then i can contribute some code, though fighting games are beyond me at the moment when it comes to implementing hit detection/animation code.

Edited by Twinblade

if you use the unity engine then i can contribute some code, though fighting games are beyond me at the moment when it comes to implementing hit detection/animation code.

yea

this guy has years of experience playing yakuza

lets turn this game into trash :cruise: