P.C. gone too far? Oregon Bakery Fires Employees For Denying Black Woman Service After Closing

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Probably so...……..if I have nothing but Xboxes.

But then again, I'd have no customers there to sue me if I had an Xbox gaming café.

Hope you learn about labor laws .

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is a narcissist. Guaranteed he has no friends . Shitty job , no wife or girlfriend . Even his picture was his ugly face with this wierd psychotic smirk LOL    dude would literally ca

Dude you have everyone on the forum disagreeing with you. Lefties and righties both agreeing on this. Why do you think this is? Everyone is wrong and you are right? Lol

Not gonna lie, you legit cracked me up there. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

No.. because the statement I made would actually supposedly prove YOUR side.

Notice how I'm always saying how YOU aren't asking the questions when I make these statements?

You keep saying, well perhaps this and perhaps that... but aren't interested in asking where the proof is from the woman... or where the proof is from the store owner.

At the end of it all... you can simply say "Well, it's his right to fire them for whatever reason he wants anyway"  Which just shows me you don't really give a fuck and are purposefully being ignorant.

Actually I said its his right to fire them for whatever reason he wants...………………...because I'm throwing GHOSTS own words back in his face, for a previous statement he made regarding NFL owners forcing players to stand for the flag.

And if you read the first few posts of this thread...……….you'd know that I made that obvious.

LOL, another one of your narratives completely destroyed with one simple post by me. 

19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Well then maybe the boss may have told the employees that they need to mitigate situations in which customers are having a shit fit for ANY reason.

Well the shit fit happened outside and in the video she made she doesn't say they were rude, she was just complaining about not being served despite the doors being open and people being in line.

Maybe it's what you're saying, but the evidence we've seen implies the lady took the incident as racism and wanted to leverage social media to punish the store. The store response is more likely an overreaction and easy way to appease the mob.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

Well the shit fit happened outside and in the video she made she doesn't say they were rude, she was just complaining about not being served despite the doors being open and people being in line.

Maybe it's what you're saying, but the evidence we've seen implies the lady took the incident as racism and wanted to leverage social media to punish the store. The store response is more likely an overreaction and easy way to appease the mob.

Then it would be the right decision.

If it were a mob of right-wing 'Merica! chanting dumbasses here in Texas, we'd be seeing the business doing something to appease the mob in the other direction.

Eh...…...seeing people in line, and the doors being open. There's a lot of gray area here where customers could complain.

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

link me to the womans vid pleeeeeese.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Hope Microsoft knows about them, since they're starting a new volunteer program.

Hope when your business fails you don't go on a rant about MS 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Then it would be the right decision.

If it were a mob of right-wing 'Merica! chanting dumbasses here in Texas, we'd be seeing the business doing something to appease the mob in the other direction.

Eh...…...seeing people in line, and the doors being open. There's a lot of gray area here where customers could complain.

I don't know how you can think the situation I described would make firing the employees the right decision. It's just weaponizing political correctness.

There's grey area to complain, sure, but to immediately jump to racism and try to leverage social media to punish a store is just really shitty. No taking it up with management or anything, just jumping to "blasting them on Facebook."

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

As someone who used to manage a store. It's not as simple as you think. When it comes to closing time, you have to stick to your hours otherwise people will start taking advantage. So what if the door were still open, maybe they were busy handling the last couple of customers and were rushing cause they wanted to close shop and go home. Shit happens all the time. 

Just now, Alphonse said:

As someone who used to manage a store. It's not as simple as you think. When it comes to closing time, you have to stick to your hours otherwise people will start taking advantage. So what if the door were still open, maybe they were busy handling the last couple of customers and were rushing cause they wanted to close shop and go home. Shit happens all the time. 

Of course it does.

At the end of the day...……….you, the business owner, have more to lose than the customer.

Especially if you are a small business owner. If you're working in a corporate chain business, you don't have to worry as much.

What if, on ANOTHER night, this customer has seen people walk in x minutes after closing time and still be served? That's probably why a lot of places start locking the door before closing time, to ensure that they don't have a line of people right at the end.

Sorry, but that video helps her narrative.

It looks pretty full, and there isn't just a line, but rather a full table of people just sitting there and chilling, and all of them looking like white yuppies.

And knowing that its a black lady standing outside just continually recording this while all the people inside don't even look rushed to leave.

If you had an employee telling those kids to get up off the table and start walking out, then things might look different.

2 minutes ago, JonB1 said:

You have to make a cut off at some point . Or else every store would have people going in way after they are closed 

they don't seem to be making any effort to "cut off" anybody.

And the worst thing is, they have 4 people sitting at a table. They've already purchased their items...……..they need to be told to leave, except they are just sitting there chilling.

If she prefaces this with some text about her perspective of things...…...and then you watch this video, her story seems rather believable. Whether she depicts things accurately or not.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry, but that video helps her narrative.

It looks pretty full, and there isn't just a line, but rather a full table of people just sitting there and chilling, and all of them looking like white yuppies.

And knowing that its a black lady standing outside just continually recording this while all the people inside don't even look rushed to leave.

If you had an employee telling those kids to get up off the table and start walking out, then things might look different.

so if after hours, it's full and you think that the best thing is to let more people in? You have to draw a line after a certain time otherwise you're going to be working until the next day.

this is what happened

He then added a minute-by-minute surveillance video account:

While the bakery’s closing time is 9 p.m., “we were unusually busy” at 9:02 p.m., and “most of the seats were filled and there were four people in line waiting to be served,” Blomgren wrote, adding that a minute later an employee turned off the bakery’s “Open” sign.

At 9:04 p.m. “two more white women walk in and line up to be served. At this point the customers present are informed that we are officially closed,” he said.

At 9:06 p.m. “Lillian enters and stands in line to be served,” Blomgren noted, adding she assumed Back to Eden Bakery was still open “given how many people are still inside and the doors [are] unlocked.”

But “Lillian is told we are closed and the last two women in line are the last to be served. After that she exits the building and begins taking her first video.”

I see nothing wrong with what happened. Only mistake was that they didn't get to the door soon enough.

Just now, Alphonse said:

so if after hours, it's full and you think that the best thing is to let more people in? You have to draw a line after a certain time otherwise you're going to be working until the next day.

this is what happened

I see nothing wrong with what happened. Only mistake was that they didn't get to the door soon enough.

No...…...the people sitting there at the table, just chilling, makes her story believable.

They should have start telling people to get up off the tables and leave, and they should've gone and walked them out, while locking the door after each customer is walked out.

That is a common thing that all stores do at closing.

• Cooke locked this topic
  • Cooke unlocked this topic