Sign in to follow this  
-GD-

What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

28 minutes ago, Ike said:

Steve Carrell workplace comedy :love:

yeah it looks awesome! 

I hate steve carrell. I have never seen the office. The space force trailer looked garbo and not funny. 

Holy shit, Penny Dreadful City of Angels Episode 4 has one of the most fucked up, scary scenes I've seen in a while.

Someone posted a list of the State of California giving 20% tax credits for shows to relocate to California (or maybe LA, specifically).

So, it has to be an "existing" show that was being filmed outside of CA, relocates to CA, and they'll get government money.

So this would explain this tv show having the name "Penny Dreadful" Its for tax reasons.

Because this show is NOTHING like the original Penny Dreadful. Its 99% new cast, new location, new storyline.

It a new show, they just slapped the Penny Dreadful name on it to say its an "existing" show so that they could get money from CA. With that said, its a decent show.

That also means you don't need to have watched the "first 3 seasons" of Penny Dreadful. It has no attachment other then expect some supernatural elements and a little bit of horror.

Edited by jehurey

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Holy shit, Penny Dreadful City of Angels Episode 4 has one of the most fucked up, scary scenes I've seen in a while.

Someone posted a list of the State of California giving 20% tax credits for shows to relocate to California (or maybe LA, specifically).

So, it has to be an "existing" show that was being filmed outside of CA, relocates to CA, and they'll get government money.

So this would explain this tv show having the name "Penny Dreadful" Its for tax reasons.

Because this show is NOTHING like the original Penny Dreadful. Its 99% new cast, new location, new storyline.

It a new show, they just slapped the Penny Dreadful name on it to say its an "existing" show so that they could get money from CA. With that said, its a decent show.

That also means you don't need to have watched the "first 3 seasons" of Penny Dreadful. It has no attachment other then expect some supernatural elements and a little bit of horror.

Yeah, I need to get around to it. Loved the OG one. 

Snyder Cut of Justice League coming next year exclusively on HBO Max. I'm sure it'll be alright and better than the release we got, but I'm not expecting some MCU level film. Snyder has always been an above average director at best.

unnamed-720x405.jpg?fit=bounds&width=640

Edited by Ike

Goddammit there’s one more season of 13 Reasons Why coming June 5. I’ll hate watch it like I have every season. Like everyone on this show sucks and it’s way overacted and overwritten but I’m seeing it through for this last season. I honestly can’t imagine where to go after that trash season 3. 

Not sure why but at the start of this year I went on a huge Nirvana binge. Kind of stopped now but at one point Spotify told me I was int he top 1% of fans in the world for them. :bena:

The guitar chord in this song :aitch:

When I can get away with it, I like to roll a big fat joint, put my noise cancelling headphones on and just blast it late at night. :lawd:

Lately I've been listening to a lot of electronic stuff because I've been busy as fuck working on my house, taking a wall down and shit. I quite like Flume, although he's hit and miss. 

Probably his most popular song: 

Oh I started this new show called Bloodride on Netflix. It’s a Norwegian anthology horror series with 30 minute episodes. The first two were pretty interesting. It’s nothing groundbreaking or anything but it’s a good watch if you like horror stuff. 

the way he says Schnitzelnazi and the stupid grin :D 

I think I saw a few but never really cared for them. i liked get out and all but now i'm a fan of them both. binge watching these sketches :glad: 

The Mike Tyson podcast has quickly become my favourite podcast. 

The variety of guests, the great stories between Mike and the Guest, or the guest and how they'll tell a funny anecdote about encountering Mike during his prime; well, it's simply sublime.

Just give the first five minutes of this one a try. :smugd:

On 2020-05-22 at 9:33 PM, Ike said:

Oh I started this new show called Bloodride on Netflix. It’s a Norwegian anthology horror series with 30 minute episodes. The first two were pretty interesting. It’s nothing groundbreaking or anything but it’s a good watch if you like horror stuff. 

Im trying to watch this. The dude with the man bun whos constantly yelling about doodles sucks so much. I hope the characters in the rest of the stories aren't this annoying.

17 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

The Mike Tyson podcast has quickly become my favourite podcast. 

The variety of guests, the great stories between Mike and the Guest, or the guest and how they'll tell a funny anecdote about encountering Mike during his prime; well, it's simply sublime.

Just give the first five minutes of this one a try. :smugd:

I’ll give this a try, I really liked his episode on joe rogan. 

On the subject of podcasts, anyone got any other suggestions? My genre of choice would be joe rogan type stuff but with all the fucking comedians and MMA people stripped out. 

I tried listening to Sam Harris but he’s got as much charisma as Steven Hawking. Eric Weinstein comes across as a bit of an asshole the more I listen to him. I like Russell Brand but he’s now behind a paywall and all these £5 subscriptions I have are going to add up. Dan Carlin is perhaps the podcast GOAT IMO but he does a few a year. 

On 2020-05-22 at 1:37 AM, Cell said:

Not sure why but at the start of this year I went on a huge Nirvana binge. Kind of stopped now but at one point Spotify told me I was int he top 1% of fans in the world for them. :bena:

The guitar chord in this song :aitch:

When I can get away with it, I like to roll a big fat joint, put my noise cancelling headphones on and just blast it late at night. :lawd:

Lately I've been listening to a lot of electronic stuff because I've been busy as fuck working on my house, taking a wall down and shit. I quite like Flume, although he's hit and miss. 

Probably his most popular song: 

bro i doubt you are in the 1% of nirvana fans, then i'd be the actual number 1 nirvana fan.

also:

I like this one. :glad: