Jump to content

What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Ike said:

I mean they’re technically both in it. Chris Rock wrote the movie. I’m kind of looking forward to this one. I’ve always enjoyed the Saw movies but Jigsaw wasn’t good at all. 

i actually thought jigsaw was best Saw flick since the first (second rocked too). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

In one week, I’ll be seeing Us. I already have my tickets. I can’t wait. It’s been my most anticipated movie. 

Posted Images

Many people have enjoyed Knives Out, and chances are alot of people have watched it already.

 

I noticed that the story included some elements that could be seen as political, but since you could omit that stuff entirely and just appreciate the cleverness of the movie because of its who-done-it mystery and so many twists and turns, I figured that the political commentary was just some additional flourish to give character to the main people in the movie. Intentionally made to make the protagonist more likable.

 

But this video really ties it together that the director/writer clearly went out of his way to put a political commentary in the movie, and it seems like that was a hidden layer the story.

 

Since it clearly elements about the twists and the ending, I will put the youtube video analysis under spoiler:

Spoiler

 

 

I've also seen movie analysis that also puts a similar theory to Stanley Kubrick's The Shining that there's a subtle commentary in the movie that is about White Europeans coming to America and driving out the Natives and antagonizing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to watch Parasite apparently. It cleaned up at the Oscars. Good to see Joaquin win and Taika get recognition. I still need to watch Jojo Rabbit as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I bet movie studios are gonna start throwing a shitload of offers and money at Bong Joon-ho. Can't wait to see what he works on next.

Dude is going to be hotter than Guillermo Del Toro and Ang Lee.

 

I think we're not too far away from American movie stars going to korea for movie roles, or Korean production companies simply making movies in America with American actors.

 

What is very huge is if the Academy Awards just start treat all international films as regular films, and they start winning the major awards, including Best Picture. That's why Parasite winning was pretty important.

 

I remember getting Facebook ads from Alamo Drafthouse last year promoting Parasite as their exclusive movie, and they were advertising the shit out of it. I was thinking "damn, it must be really good if they pushing it this hard."

 

I wonder what the box office numbers will be for Parasite this upcoming week. The director said that they were transferring it to be in black and white, and since I haven't seen the movie, that's the version I want to see.

 

Fucking Stephen A. Smith is a co-host for ABC's post-Oscar awards special.........and its fucking ridiculous. This dumb motherfucker is just asking everybody about Parasite with exasperation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jehurey said:

Dude is going to be hotter than Guillermo Del Toro and Ang Lee.

 

I think we're not too far away from American movie stars going to korea for movie roles, or Korean production companies simply making movies in America with American actors.

 

What is very huge is if the Academy Awards just start treat all international films as regular films, and they start winning the major awards, including Best Picture. That's why Parasite winning was pretty important.

 

I remember getting Facebook ads from Alamo Drafthouse last year promoting Parasite as their exclusive movie, and they were advertising the shit out of it. I was thinking "damn, it must be really good if they pushing it this hard."

 

I wonder what the box office numbers will be for Parasite this upcoming week. The director said that they were transferring it to be in black and white, and since I haven't seen the movie, that's the version I want to see.

 

Fucking Stephen A. Smith is a co-host for ABC's post-Oscar awards special.........and its fucking ridiculous. This dumb motherfucker is just asking everybody about Parasite with exasperation.

Wow I kinda didn’t believe you but I just looked it up and they really had this guy talking about the oscars? I thought when they put him to talk about ufc was ridiculous but this is worse. Just stick to football and basketball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Casual said:

Saw 1917 the other week and Just Mercy over the weekend. Both were real dope. The way they shot 1917 was so cool. 

seeing it tonight, mainly for the camera work. 

 

and i enjoyed just mercy!  

Spoiler

the electric chair scene was amazing!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

and I would say the best film award is deserving. Wouldn’t have been my personal choice but it was pretty good. Only problem I think is that people are going to go in with an unrealistic expectation who haven’t seen it now

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jehurey said:

Dude is going to be hotter than Guillermo Del Toro and Ang Lee.

 

I think we're not too far away from American movie stars going to korea for movie roles, or Korean production companies simply making movies in America with American actors.

 

What is very huge is if the Academy Awards just start treat all international films as regular films, and they start winning the major awards, including Best Picture. That's why Parasite winning was pretty important.

 

I remember getting Facebook ads from Alamo Drafthouse last year promoting Parasite as their exclusive movie, and they were advertising the shit out of it. I was thinking "damn, it must be really good if they pushing it this hard."

 

I wonder what the box office numbers will be for Parasite this upcoming week. The director said that they were transferring it to be in black and white, and since I haven't seen the movie, that's the version I want to see.

 

Fucking Stephen A. Smith is a co-host for ABC's post-Oscar awards special.........and its fucking ridiculous. This dumb motherfucker is just asking everybody about Parasite with exasperation.

del toro made way better movies when he was more low key.

 

but i'm happy south korean cinema is getting a lot of attention. they own the thriller genre. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

seeing it tonight, mainly for the camera work. 

 

and i enjoyed just mercy!  

  Reveal hidden contents

the electric chair scene was amazing!

 

Yeah that scene gave me chills.

 

You'll probably love 1917...I'm not much of a movie guy so I can imagine you'll appreciate the direction much more than I already did!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Delita said:

and I would say the best film award is deserving. Wouldn’t have been my personal choice but it was pretty good. Only problem I think is that people are going to go in with an unrealistic expectation who haven’t seen it now

my choice was joker, though parasite was a more inventive flick. it was brilliant. i think people will actually be surprised by how much they like it, considering many are sceptic when it comes to foreign flicks (because of subtitles). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...