Jump to content

What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Ike said:

Netflix has announced the cast of Guillermo del Toro's (The Shape of Water, Hellboy) upcoming stop-motion animated musical version of Pinocchio. If that previous sentence didn't already make you arch your eyebrows in curiosity, the cast will: Tilda Swinton, Christoph Waltz, John Turturro, Tim Blake Nelson, and Cate Blanchett are just a few of the names involved with the project. Newcomer Gregory Mann will play the titular wooden boy, and Ewan McGregor and David Bradley round out the biggest roles in the familiar children's story, playing Cricket and Gepetto, respectively.

 

:whoo:

i hated the shape of water. actually, i haven't liked any of his projects since pan's. so, my hype meter is low. i miss his spanish ghost stories. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

In one week, I’ll be seeing Us. I already have my tickets. I can’t wait. It’s been my most anticipated movie. 

Posted Images

I've been meaning to see Coco for some time now as I thought Inside Out was really good (I'm probably going to skip The Good Dinosaur).  To keep things varied, I might watch it next actually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i hated the shape of water. actually, i haven't liked any of his projects since pan's. so, my hype meter is low. i miss his spanish ghost stories. 

I really enjoyed Pacific Rim 1 for what it was. It was just big monsters fighting big machines and I loved it for not trying to be anything else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ike said:

I really enjoyed Pacific Rim 1 for what it was. It was just big monsters fighting big machines and I loved it for not trying to be anything else.

it's weird. all of my film friends love him. i think he's a great artist, but doesn't make interesting films (anymore). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

it's weird. all of my film friends love him. i think he's a great artist, but doesn't make interesting films (anymore). 

They're just in love with Pan's still probably lol. Crimson Peak while visually and atmospherically amazing, had issues with plot and pacing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ike said:

They're just in love with Pan's still probably lol. Crimson Peak while visually and atmospherically amazing, had issues with plot and pacing.

crimson peak was the most gorgeous piece of shit i've ever seen :D it's a shame, because the art design was masterful! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

is that the one with robert pattinson?

Yeah, directed by Matt Reeves (Did the new Apes movies and Cloverfield). Zoe Kravitz playing Catwoman and Colin Farrel is playing Penguin. Andy Serkis is Alfred. Jeffrey Wright as Commisioner Gordon.

 

Looking forward to it. It's gonna be a younger, more inexperienced take on Batman.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, directed by Matt Reeves (Did the new Apes movies and Cloverfield). Zoe Kravitz playing Catwoman and Colin Farrel is playing Penguin. Andy Serkis is Alfred. Jeffrey Wright as Commisioner Gordon.

 

Looking forward to it. It's gonna be a younger, more inexperienced take on Batman.

 

 

damn, great cast! it's crazy how robert has become a AAA actor. it took a lot of time breaking away from being "the dude from twilight"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

damn, great cast! it's crazy how robert has become a AAA actor. it took a lot of time breaking away from twilight type-cast. 

True, he's becoming a true star now. Tenent and The Devil All the Time coming for him too within the month. He's a great actor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

This has been hyped to shit but I'm sure it's gonna usual Snyder drivel when all is said and done. :kaz:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...